WOW.... IMG_4614_zps3meid38s.jpg

IMG_4639_zpsvxyrtkxx.jpg

IMG_4648_zps3iafutan.jpg

IMG_4636_zpszmzihujq.jpg

Oh right! fish!

IMG_4715_zpsizcep1ar.jpg

IMG_4648_zps3iafutan.jpg

IMG_4674_zpsggyhp32a.jpg

What do you mean? Its a canon T3i with stand lense. I used a white paper to get the white balance and automatic focus

IMG_4695_zpsdbnxbgo0.jpg

Better photo for an ident on the wrasse?

IMG_4688_zps1ovxa0cj.jpg

This is normal lighting! How I see it! The camera adjusts for the shitty LEDs!

IMG_4663_zpsodd6q06i.jpg

IMG_4662_zpsmxuksflv.jpg

New page, will bump them

Tripods are fairly cheap but they will make your pics even better and more in focus. Time for a macro lens to really blow your mind and see details of your corals like never before

There are many lenses in this bag... I don't know what they do. I will take pictures of them later and post them here for help regarding which to use

• Like 3

Ok so all these neat pics of the 45.......how about putting them all in the reefer then take pics..... :huh: or move them to the 45 thread.......

So far 10 pages of..................................a empty tank with a Duncan :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ok so all these neat pics of the 45.......how about putting them all in the reefer then take pics..... :huh: or move them to the 45 thread.......

So far 10 pages of..................................a empty tank with a Duncan :lol:

I'm waiting till I see evidence of bacteria in the reefer! Sand is as white as can be with no bubbles yet :)

There are many lenses in this bag... I don't know what they do. I will take pictures of them later and post them here for help regarding which to use

Your pics look really good, especially for your 1st session man good job! :) As far as pictures of the lenses if you list the numbers off the lenses that would likely do more good... IE. 18-55mm, 90mm, 50mm, 55-200mm and macro lenses will typically state they are macro lenses. IF you don't have a good macro lens already I really like my Tamron, it is a 60mm but for my camera it is the equivalent to a 90mm. It is fairly cheap as far as macro lenses go, but seems to be good quality and is also really good for portraits as well IME.

If I am using a DSLR, how do I display high resolution photos? Will photo bucket still work?

I like flickr as photosucket knocks down the quality considerably, if your using a good set up why diminish the quality of the picture with a subpar host. There are other places some people use that are supposed to be good and not diminish the picture but I hate posting my DSLR pics to photobucket personally as the difference is quite noticeable IMO.

IMG_4695_zpsdbnxbgo0.jpg

Better photo for an ident on the wrasse?

I'm fairly confident in Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura, likely a female at this point as well.

• Like 2

Your pics look really good, especially for your 1st session man good job! :) As far as pictures of the lenses if you list the numbers off the lenses that would likely do more good... IE. 18-55mm, 90mm, 50mm, 55-200mm and macro lenses will typically state they are macro lenses. IF you don't have a good macro lens already I really like my Tamron, it is a 60mm but for my camera it is the equivalent to a 90mm. It is fairly cheap as far as macro lenses go, but seems to be good quality and is also really good for portraits as well IME.

I like flickr as photosucket knocks down the quality considerably, if your using a good set up why diminish the quality of the picture with a subpar host. There are other places some people use that are supposed to be good and not diminish the picture but I hate posting my DSLR pics to photobucket personally as the difference is quite noticeable IMO.

I'm fairly confident in Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura, likely a female at this point as well.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check now for numbers to tell you. There are SO many options on this DSLR; I don't know where to start. I wish I would just use the SD card to input a "REEF" format haha. The white balance thing with a piece of paper got the colors almost perfect and then I adjusted ISO and used manual or automatic focus depending if it was fighting me haha.

It's a "Female solorensis" according to Lemon teayikai; he is the author of this page: https://reefbuilders.com/author/teayikai/

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check now for numbers to tell you. There are SO many options on this DSLR; I don't know where to start. I wish I would just use the SD card to input a "REEF" format haha. The white balance thing with a piece of paper got the colors almost perfect and then I adjusted ISO and used manual or automatic focus depending if it was fighting me haha.

It's a "Female solorensis" according to Lemon teayikai; he is the author of this page: https://reefbuilders.com/author/teayikai/

Yes definitely alot of options and things to mess with.... and mess up with the DSLRs I know I have done my fair share of screwing with settings. Ben was very helpful for sure in helping me with all that to get my pics to come out alot better then when I was trying to figure it out on my own. Goodluck man, your definitely off to a great start!

Yeah its possible, did that person also mention that the two are pretty much interchangeable and VERY similar in appearance, so much so that many often consider the solorensis (male and female) to actually be a color variant of Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura.... Also, when retailers order "assorted fairy wrasse" they most commonly receive what is considered Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura. To further complicate things Cirrhilabrus lyukyuensis is also believed to actually be nothing more then a color variant of Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura based solely on origin of collection. And then we have Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis which again is also very similar, and some say just another color variant based on origin of collection etc. So yeah it could be any of those really, but based on the picture and what you said about its purchase I am fairly confident in Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura, tho I wouldn't rule out it being a female cirrhilabrus solorensis. Also, note that there are not many fish that are considered females ever collected of ANY of these fish, and some would say the picture of the fish you have is a female of ANY of these fish..... or Cirrhilabrus cf cyanopleura. :) Hope this helps :lol:

:o

Okay I'll take your word for it. As long my yellow coris a different genus, haliocloris, I think I'll be good on aggression. That's what Ross says at least (HOS).

Changed my mind, will check lenses tomorrow

Night!

:o

Okay I'll take your word for it. As long my yellow coris a different genus, haliocloris, I think I'll be good on aggression. That's what Ross says at least (HOS).

Changed my mind, will check lenses tomorrow

Night!

I told you, when it comes to acros and wrasses I don't mess around ;) Yes your "coris" is a different genus. You may be good for a while but as your "coris" matures don't be surprised if it becomes the tank boss, may not become overly aggressive but it will put other fish in their place and if they don't like it could cause issues.... Mine was fairly mellow until he became a 5" supermale and the #3 in charge of my 180g with over 20 other fish behind a show size passer angel and a 5" male flame angel. Your odds of peace are definitely better in the new tank then the 45 as well. :)

• Like 1

The pics look great. I am messing with a 9 year old Nikon. I cant get anything that nice without a bunch of post editing. Its time for me to get a new Camera or get some better lenses. Or maybe a photography class

I so hate you right now. :lol:

?

The pics look great. I am messing with a 9 year old Nikon. I cant get anything that nice without a bunch of post editing. Its time for me to get a new Camera or get some better lenses. Or maybe a photography class

Oh. I be tried it before and the pictures were all distorted and worse than my phone but this time I took a picture of white paper inside the tank and it automatically made everything right

jedimasterben

I can give you and going Harold some tips when I get to a computer. For you specifically, better lenses can make up for inexperience QUICK. Photos from my first time picking up a 9 year old DSLR with a decent $500 lens still trump my fairly decent skills with a slightly newer camera with a cheap lens.

• Like 3

So now that you had the tank running for a few days, how you like it? What do you think of the quality and craftsmanship?

Overall it's excellent. The silicon is beautiful, the plumbing silent, the filteration more than enough. I love the glass overflow box compared to the plastic ones I occasionally see. The sump is roomy with room for more than enough equipment, and the separated compartment to the right of it has room for all your electronics.

Only "peeve" would be the small ATO container, but then again if it's larger it would be intrusive so I will just be hooking up my current ATO from the 45 to it :)

I can give you and going Harold some tips when I get to a computer. For you specifically, better lenses can make up for inexperience QUICK. Photos from my first time picking up a 9 year old DSLR with a decent $500 lens still trump my fairly decent skills with a slightly newer camera with a cheap lens.

Tonight I am going to figure out what these lenses are. I think there is a macro- short and squat? Not sure haha

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350