Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

WOW:D

28 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Thats the same thing that I have right now, the cable to the adapter IS in but the adapter isn't working!

Thanks Dave! Here are some photos

I tagged you in a post and then deleted it

Here are said photos :)

IMG_0053_zpsn48qawtd.jpg
IMG_0084_zpsraikxfxy.jpg
IMG_0092_zpsjaxdiei2.jpg
IMG_0073_zpsgffoqmzu.jpg
IMG_0074_zpsqku90mw3.jpg
IMG_0071_zpshj3rskgh.jpg
IMG_0066_zpskicngyet.jpg
IMG_0063_zpsc1dloltv.jpg
IMG_0079_zpsnirznevi.jpg
IMG_0078_zpsdi2qwz2a.jpg
IMG_0058_zpsgo9qqg2g.jpg
IMG_0056_zpsyvu8ffdd.jpg
IMG_0054_zps5pcigccs.jpg
IMG_0080_zps1mzddxch.jpg
IMG_0072_zpsunvqz7q7.jpg
IMG_0075_zpslzu0hxfa.jpg
IMG_0086_zps0hg44lce.jpg
IMG_0087_zps35feokfj.jpg
IMG_0083_zpsftar74lw.jpg

Bring to new page

HarryPotter
13 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

UNPLUG THE ETHERNET from Apex.  Then it wont randomly restart.  

12 hours ago, stellablue said:

Wow Harry!! Everything is looking great!!

1 hour ago, MaineReefkeeper said:

Beautiful tank!! So much life...?

Thanks!

I will post a bunch of "frag to colony" photos documenting growth soon, looking back its really cool!

• Like 3
FlowerMama

Hey Harry, though I'm not a fan of sps, I have to say yours look damn pretty- colors and extension out the ying yang!!! :)

• Like 3
HarryPotter
32 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

Hey Harry, though I'm not a fan of sps, I have to say yours look damn pretty- colors and extension out the ying yang!!! :)

You can definitely see tons of rock nems and other types in the FTS! I was happily surprised that they do so well in this low nutrient environment :) 

• Like 2
On 5/16/2017 at 8:00 PM, HarryPotter said:

Thats the same thing that I have right now, the cable to the adapter IS in but the adapter isn't working!

Thanks Dave! Here are some photos

I tagged you in a post and then deleted it

Here are said photos :)

IMG_0053_zpsn48qawtd.jpg
IMG_0084_zpsraikxfxy.jpg
IMG_0092_zpsjaxdiei2.jpg
IMG_0073_zpsgffoqmzu.jpg
IMG_0074_zpsqku90mw3.jpg
IMG_0071_zpshj3rskgh.jpg
IMG_0066_zpskicngyet.jpg
IMG_0063_zpsc1dloltv.jpg
IMG_0079_zpsnirznevi.jpg
IMG_0078_zpsdi2qwz2a.jpg
IMG_0058_zpsgo9qqg2g.jpg
IMG_0056_zpsyvu8ffdd.jpg
IMG_0054_zps5pcigccs.jpg
IMG_0080_zps1mzddxch.jpg
IMG_0072_zpsunvqz7q7.jpg
IMG_0075_zpslzu0hxfa.jpg
IMG_0086_zps0hg44lce.jpg
IMG_0087_zps35feokfj.jpg
IMG_0083_zpsftar74lw.jpg

Wow Harry, the tank looks even better than it did when you got totm.  It just keeps getting better.

HarryPotter
Just now, vlangel said:

Wow Harry, the tank looks even better than it did when you got totm.  It just keeps getting better.

Thanks Vlangel! How are the seahorses?

Just now, markalot said:

Everything looks fantastic Harry.

How do you keep the frag plugs free of algae? :)

The only algae that grows in here is that very short red geladium. Low nutrients, 0 PO4 on Hanna URL Phosphate yet the corals from soft to hard dont seem to mind oddly. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

The only algae that grows in here is that very short red geladium. Low nutrients, 0 PO4 on Hanna URL Phosphate yet the corals from soft to hard dont seem to mind oddly. 

Did you ever test PAR in here?

6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

The seahorses are really good right now.  The 2 new youngsters, Samson and Delilah have settled in well.  Ruth is growing well and is starting to glance coyly over at Samson, the only male in the tank.  Samson glances back but he really has eyes for Eve, the matriarch.

• Like 1
HarryPotter
3 minutes ago, markalot said:

Did you ever test PAR in here?

No, I messaged a person or two but neither would lend me a meter! :( 

1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

No, I messaged a person or two but neither would lend me a meter! :( 

Check with one of your LFSs or with your local reef club. 

HarryPotter
16 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Check with one of your LFSs or with your local reef club. 

The reef club is like two hours north of me, but calling LFS is a good idea. I suppose with a down payment they may let me borrow it :) 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

The reef club is like two hours north of me, but calling LFS is a good idea. I suppose with a down payment they may let me borrow it :) 

Yeah a LFS near me requires a deposit and you have to sign that if you break it, you buy it. Our local club has one too which is nice. Haven't used either yet lol

HarryPotter
5 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Yeah a LFS near me requires a deposit and you have to sign that if you break it, you buy it. Our local club has one too which is nice. Haven't used either yet lol

All I think of when I adjust the light is "Do I want the colors darker? A few inches higher. Do I want them lighter and to have faster growth? A few inches lower". 

Ive never really understood par. One acro colors up on the sandbed. The next is brown until I put it 2" below the waterline ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

All I think of when I adjust the light is "Do I want the colors darker? A few inches higher. Do I want them lighter and to have faster growth? A few inches lower". 

Ive never really understood par. One acro colors up on the sandbed. The next is brown until I put it 2" below the waterline ?

That's why I want to know PAR.  T5 is magic sauce, so it may be super high or super low and everything still looks good.  I want you to have low PAR, lesson being that many of us run our tanks way too bright, but I can't be sure.  Hopefully you can find one locally, else maybe I'll let you borrow mine.  Maybe. :D

• Like 1
HarryPotter
39 minutes ago, markalot said:

That's why I want to know PAR.  T5 is magic sauce, so it may be super high or super low and everything still looks good.  I want you to have low PAR, lesson being that many of us run our tanks way too bright, but I can't be sure.  Hopefully you can find one locally, else maybe I'll let you borrow mine.  Maybe. :D

Id be happy to send a large deposit :) 

mitten_reef
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Y'all be jealous of my color ?

7802594A-48C9-403B-BBAE-176862064103_zps

Mine browned immediately... a year later is throwing branches up and I see the purple tips. I'll take a frag off and grow it alone on a plug to see it that'll be nicer!

What's happening in this photo? All the lights still off? 

• Like 1
HarryPotter
Just now, micoastreefing said:

What's happening in this photo? All the lights still off? 

Yes, lights are off and that coral is very brown

HarryPotter

A dog photo for the non-acro crowd!

21C7F4A1-C0AB-46F1-9717-C9B7DAB09625_zps

So this weekend I will try to fix my skimmer, it's been dead for a few months now. Today I saw a bunch of long hair algae on a powerhead again (Honestly that's a great place for it, easy to remove!) so perhaps nutrients are up a bit from trying to spot feed the anemones. I looked around my reefin shelf and found Hanna checker phosphate reagent, but I don't have the glass vial! So I will order the vial because I am curious. I'm planning on reorganizing my reef shelf and perhaps I will be able to put together a complete test kit or two from it. I also have some DI resin so should replace it since I'm at like 16tds. And do a water change maybe. Meh. Or maybe just stop feeding until all algae is dead ?

• Like 6
On 4/17/2017 at 5:51 PM, HarryPotter said:

Long overdue PHOTOBOMB

IMG_0001_zpspy4ngcqa.jpg
IMG_0021_zpsftilldan.jpg
IMG_0023_zpsnr4d6r9r.jpg
IMG_0032_zps9uam0hco.jpg
IMG_0026_zpsl8lyhfcn.jpg
IMG_0035_zps5f8i9ugw.jpg
IMG_0044_zpsdjxfgwop.jpg
IMG_0046_zpshy4mjt6q.jpg
IMG_0033_zpsxc7o5uqu.jpg
IMG_0028_zpsawyxnh15.jpg
IMG_0027_zpskqy3q26h.jpg
IMG_0018_zpsgl6l47r6.jpg
IMG_0013_zpsbzbtej9z.jpg
IMG_0012_zps650bhffz.jpg
IMG_0011_zpse6orfnhd.jpg
IMG_0010_zpsfginirmw.jpg
IMG_0007_zpsrz4qu7fu.jpg
IMG_0009_zpsoohsk9wd.jpg
IMG_0005_zpsfgm3s0md.jpg

Is that a fox flame in the second photo? And how did you get your utter chaos so fluffly??? :blink:

Beautiful tank

HarryPotter
1 hour ago, oysterk said:

Is that a fox flame in the second photo? And how did you get your utter chaos so fluffly??? :blink:

Beautiful tank

I agree it has the structure of a fox flame, but I got it as a tiny brown frag that looked nothing like the colony- when I get home in a few hours I'll find the original photo.  So I don't want to call it that just in case I'm wrong, I just use "Skinny-ass acropora" ?

Utter chao polyp was just glued there and left alone in tons of flow, it's spread nicely. My sunny D's also have really cool skirts but I don't know why :( 

thanks! 

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350