HarryPotter

Harry’s Riddikulus Reefer 350: **RIP**

So my TDS was 8, time to swap DI resin. When I took out the cartridges, they were like under 1/2 full. And I pack them tight. I think it melted into the water somehow........ anyone!?   🤯?  One more reason to send in a triton test. 

Trying a 3 part BRS resin- Cation, Anion, then mixed. If this doesn’t get better performance, time to get a spectrapure 99% membrane. Or a booster, I guess. I actually had the extra DI canister laying around from when I got this used RODI system. He had a bunch of prefilters.

xRbZXhJ.jpg

• Like 1

I just finished watching that BRS video on how DI resins crap everything back out when they get exhausted. The three stage DI approach should help a lot with your bad well water problem. I added a second RO cartridge on my system and it's made a big different in how long things last, too.

I have no explanation for the missing resin, though. I've never heard of it melting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I just finished watching that BRS video on how DI resins crap everything back out when they get exhausted. The three stage DI approach should help a lot with your bad well water problem. I added a second RO cartridge on my system and it's made a big different in how long things last, too.

I have no explanation for the missing resin, though. I've never heard of it melting.

If the issue is the C02 in my well water (which I believe it is), this resin layout won’t actually reduce cost or anything, just extend time slightly because it’s 3 canisters rather than 2. 

Our water pressure is 40-50 PSI, BRS did not reccomend a second membrane without a booster pump taking that up to 70+. Water efficiency doesn’t matter to me given it’s a well, whatever I don’t use from the well kind of goes right back into it 🙂

Missing resin- CSI. I have no idea; if the canister was like 1/8th empty, I could attribute that to bad packing on my part. But 1/2 empty? Something happened. I am sending triton today, so will have absolute tank water details within a week hopefully. 

• Like 1

Ah, I didn't realize you didn't have a booster pump. And yes, I just meant that with three resin cannisters you won't be changing them out as often.

As for the missing resin, it must be aliens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions