ReefCleaners.org

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

On 12/5/2017 at 10:14 PM, teenyreef said:

Ahhh...following now :)

Triton Results!

No heavy metals to be concerned with, no idea where tin comes from but not too concerned. 

ZABIZvl.png

Everything normal here as well:

2kgplI5.png

Heres the interesting stuff!

My Calcium is too low, I need to up dosing. My magnesium is on point so my "squirt every once in a while" is working!

VsCpnNi.png

Worth the $22.50? I think so. Pretty in depth results, and I learned here that I need to up Ca dosing by a bunch! I used to dose 40 ml daily but when I changed to BRS dosers I cut that to 20ml to make sure I wouldn't overdose alkalinity. 

• Like 3

Doubled Ca/Alk dosing from the 20ml each daily to 40.

Right now they dose simultaneously as they are on one apex outlet, I need to separate them. Same program, just with a 30 minute daily. 

I was crossing my fingers that I may get B-ionic from my SS by now, but sadly I have to order more ?

• Like 1

My tank alarm went off at  4am because it went below 77* and the heater turned on. 

I dont know why I had that alarm set up. Old programming that only triggered now due to the cold front! I adjusted the temperature  alarm to activate at 75* and deleted the heater trigger. 

And yes, here in Florida you can go a year before the heater turns on! (And no home heat). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
flatlandreefer
On 12/9/2017 at 9:38 PM, HarryPotter said:

Doubled Ca/Alk dosing from the 20ml each daily to 40.

Right now they dose simultaneously as they are on one apex outlet, I need to separate them. Same program, just with a 30 minute daily. 

I was crossing my fingers that I may get B-ionic from my SS by now, but sadly I have to order more ?

Tank is looking great, love the big frog spawn! Could the Ca deficiency have anything to do with precipitation since Ca and Alk are does simultaneously, just a thought?

15 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

Tank is looking great, love the big frog spawn! Could the Ca deficiency have anything to do with precipitation since Ca and Alk are does simultaneously, just a thought?

Unclear because I have not tested my Alkalinity for a long time! That’s a great point though, I will check tomorrow. I suspect it’s just too little dosing, some instability from changing from my Jebao program to BRS pumps.

flatlandreefer
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Unclear because I have not tested my Alkalinity for a long time! That’s a great point though, I will check tomorrow. I suspect it’s just too little dosing, some instability from changing from my Jebao program to BRS pumps.

I see.  I was thinking your Alk has been spot on with your Ca drifting. 

Saved myself from a huge tragedy this morning. Last night I was doing some very tipsy tank maintenance. Apparently I connected pure vinegar to the 40ml/daily 2 part dosing line ?

I took them them all out and will redo it later

qIA5K1h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Morning sunlit photo- an old brown mystery frag putting out some light purple branches. It has been a quick grower but only recently I noticed it’s new color. I rediscovered my Katropora, which had fallen in the rock work, and have it on a rack. I’ll remount it tomorrow :) 

ufeKEbJ.jpg

• Like 4

Along with the usual tank nightmares, I often dream about discovering corals lost in the rocks or the back of the tank. And they always look amazing when I find them :lol:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Along with the usual tank nightmares, I often dream about discovering corals lost in the rocks or the back of the tank. And they always look amazing when I find them :lol:

Yeah, tank nightmares are definitely more common than their happier counterparts! I’ve dreamt of waking up to dozens of baby clownfish and crying of happiness! 

One of my recurrent nightmares is that I am piloting a passenger plane above a very busy highway, desperate to climb up but can’t due to electrical wires. So I’m just weaving back and forth panicking. It doesn’t even make sense given that in reality one takes off at an airport; why the hell am I flying under 100 feet, above a busy highway?!  If I am going to nit pick, why am I flying a 747- I’m just a private pilot. Little Cessnas and Cherokees. If it’s an airliner, why don’t I have a copilot? ? 

• Haha 3

Free torches anyone in Miami? Minimum quantity 2 xD

TntY0nN.jpg

Fragged up some small branches to prevent warfare, ranging from 1 to 2.5”. 

SAKvFTP.jpg

Also did a water change, fixed dosing, and fed the fish. I feel very responsible. 

• Like 7

Many harry your tank looks amazing as always, only good looking thing in my tank is my katapora which is freakin amazing and I don’t know how. Teal/green base and bright purple tips with tons of pe. I’ve slacked at maintaing the tank since my kid was born the end of August 

• Like 1
On 12/30/2017 at 3:22 PM, mpsti05 said:

Many harry your tank looks amazing as always, only good looking thing in my tank is my katapora which is freakin amazing and I don’t know how. Teal/green base and bright purple tips with tons of pe. I’ve slacked at maintaing the tank since my kid was born the end of August 

Thanks man! The worst looking thing in my tank is the Katropora! It never is anything but pale with brown flesh!

HAPPY NEW YEARS! Here is my last photo of 2017.

Heres to another year that I have not crashed the tank! Next year I’ll have branches hitting the waterline. ????

28VvBl1.jpg

• Like 13
30 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Thanks man! The worst looking thing in my tank is the Katropora! It never is anything but pale with brown flesh!

HAPPY NEW YEARS! Here is my last photo of 2017.

Heres to another year that I have not crashed the tank! Next year I’ll have branches hitting the waterline. ????

28VvBl1.jpg

Having branches hitting waterline is a worthy goal as a reefer, cheers to that  ????

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

Having branches hitting waterline is a worthy goal as a reefer, cheers to that  ????

Every water change makes me nervous as colonies get uncovered for about 12 minutes! It looks alienesque. Luckily acropora are well adapted for this :) 

On 12/31/2017 at 7:20 PM, HarryPotter said:

Every water change makes me nervous as colonies get uncovered for about 12 minutes!

I have frags that get exposed. I haaaaate the smell of them! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350