SaltCritters.com

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

It's clear! And 74*. How is this monster running below ambient? Confused

10162490-3835-49DF-8CEE-E581296C2461_zps

Looking good! Evaporation cools water. Also, ambient heat doesn't warm up a tank very efficiently. That's why swimming pools are almost always colder than ambient.
  • Like 4

Looking good! Evaporation cools water. Also, ambient heat doesn't warm up a tank very efficiently. That's why swimming pools are almost always colder than ambient.

Thanks Teeny, I have the fan on in that room all the time so no wonder haha. Im warming it up and testing if 150w is enough

• Like 1

It's clear! And 74*. How is this monster running below ambient? Confused

10162490-3835-49DF-8CEE-E581296C2461_zps

Lookin nice Harold.

Been thinking about your ambient vs tank temp. How sure are you the ambient is correct? In my house my thermostat is set to 68 but parts of it are below or above that.

Or what teeny said. Fan would do it for sure.

Nice looking stuff you got there. I have the same skimmer and you are going to enjoy how well it works. That tank is going to look amazing once you get all your livestock transferred over.

• Like 1

Nice looking stuff you got there. I have the same skimmer and you are going to enjoy how well it works. That tank is going to look amazing once you get all your livestock transferred over.

What skimmer do I have? :unsure:

Lemme know how you like the neotherm heater. I need to replace my jager and I've been looking at the neotherms. It just makes me nervous using a heater encased in plastic.

Pretty much ultra reliable in my experience. Never even heard something bad about the ones under 200w- the 200w had a brief defect that was fixed by the manufacturer. I use them for everything.. My RL-45 and JBJ 28 used the same one that is now over a year and a half old :)

• Like 1

Just googled that, thanks for the "ident"! Came with the setup so I didn't know :rolleyes:

Lol pretty good deal to come with setup considering it is a $300 skimmer. I just like the fact that I've never had to readjust it since setting it up.

Lol pretty good deal to come with setup considering it is a $300 skimmer. I just like the fact that I've never had to readjust it since setting it up.

I like it too. Pulled out a LOT of nasty shit from the live sand in the first 24 hours- this is just a quick example. I also like how it has that hose line if I want to drain it into a container

11896ECD-1BB0-45BF-B24F-07F23752BC06_zps

• Like 4

Looking good, nice and clean sump set up. I have sump envy.

Thanks. I can't take credit though... I just copied the previous owners design!

I am mixed about the ATO. 3g isn't much and I might just put the ATO from my AIO aquarium on this one with a 10g reservoir and call it a day

• Like 2

You are over thinking again ;) Just keep the ATO that came with it.....it is a simple design with no electrical parts to go hay wire.....that 3 gallons should last at least 2 days. Just remember KISS :lol:

You are over thinking again ;) Just keep the ATO that came with it.....it is a simple design with no electrical parts to go hay wire.....that 3 gallons should last at least 2 days. Just remember KISS :lol:

But my 10g on the 45 lasts more than 2 weeks- SOOOOO NICEEEEE

• Like 1

Yup- only draw back I saw from their sump was the ATO container. Gotta have a week minimum- I always shoot for two

Maybe put the 10g reservoir on the Reefer ATO container, for a total of 13 gallons?

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350