Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Maybe put the 10g reservoir on the Reefer ATO container, for a total of 13 gallons?

Yup- that's what I was planning( when I was considering buying one) making a bigger ATO to go in that same spot ?

• Like 1

Do you find that you have to clean the glass a lot? I have a rimless tank as well and I'm forever cleaning the glass from drips and splashes.

On my rimless 45? Nope. Why would you have drips? Insane powerhead/wave movement?

Yup- that's what I was planning( when I was considering buying one) making a bigger ATO to go in that same spot ?

Best way would be to drill a hole through the wall to go to my bathroom and keep a brute of RODI there! ?

If I had to refill my ATO reservoir every two days, I'd just do manual topoff every two days instead :lol:

Same! But no fair your evaporation is Teeny. I'm talking a gallon a day! :o

• Like 2

On my rimless 45? Nope. Why would you have drips? Insane powerhead/wave movement?

Best way would be to drill a hole through the wall to go to my bathroom and keep a brute of RODI there!

Same! But no fair your evaporation is Teeny. I'm talking a gallon a day! :o

Will a 10-15 gal. Maybe even 20g ATO container fit in the stand. Tunze Osmolator ATO and your done. Or set it next to the stand. I like the gravity feed idea but having to fill an ATO more than once a week just seems silly.

• Like 2

Will a 10-15 gal. Maybe even 20g ATO container fit in the stand. Tunze Osmolator ATO and your done. Or set it next to the stand. I like the gravity feed idea but having to fill an ATO more than once a week just seems silly.

There is a large area on the right side for an ATO, need to measure it and see. A 5g bucket definitely fits, the 10g might as well.

• Like 1

I like it too. Pulled out a LOT of nasty shit from the live sand in the first 24 hours- this is just a quick example. I also like how it has that hose line if I want to drain it into a container

11896ECD-1BB0-45BF-B24F-07F23752BC06_zps

Nice setup. I tend to think bad idea to drain skimmer into separate container. I'd rather have skimmer overflow in sump if acts up than have skimmer act up and keep filling up some other container and have ato fill lower s.g or even worse run sump dry and cook return pump etc.

• Like 1

There is a large area on the right side for an ATO, need to measure it and see. A 5g bucket definitely fits, the 10g might as well.

Go for a 15-20g you won't regret it. I have a 10g on my 50g and it last about 10-11 days. I should of went for a 15g. If I cover my sump I could get two weeks out of it- maybe

Nice setup. I tend to think bad idea to drain skimmer into separate container. I'd rather have skimmer overflow in sump if acts up than have skimmer act up and keep filling up some other container and have ato fill lower s.g or even worse run sump dry and cook return pump etc.

That's a great point, I didn't think of that. Especially after broadcast feeding

• Like 1

Sweet tank Harry. I'll probably buy a reefer for my next upgrade in a few years. They are pretty much exactly what I want out of the box and the price is pretty good also.

• Like 1

So no livestock transfer yet? Buy 2 or 3 bottles of biospiria or something like it and add It to your tank. Wait a day or so and transfer in steps. No cycle no worry :)

I had really good luck with seachem stability if you are looking to kickstart your cycle. I used it on my new 40 breeder and I had fish and corals in a week later.

• Like 1

Sweet tank Harry. I'll probably buy a reefer for my next upgrade in a few years. They are pretty much exactly what I want out of the box and the price is pretty good also.

Well. Got a text that there is a possible drip/leak front left and a puddle forming. Yikes. Ill see when I get home. From tank, not ATO since thats in sump. Bulkheads wouldn't leak there.

• Like 1

Well. Got a text that there is a possible drip/leak front left and a puddle forming. Yikes. Ill see when I get home. From tank, not ATO since thats in sump. Bulkheads wouldn't leak there.

Could be you overflowed the DT.

It was clarified that "it is leaking" means that there is some water on the floor near the tank. Given I have a handful of buckets, the RODI, test kits, etc lying around I don't think it's a real issue

• Like 1

It was clarified that "it is leaking" means that there is some water on the floor near the tank. Given I have a handful of buckets, the RODI, test kits, etc lying around I don't think it's a real issue

PHEW tht was a close one

Thank goodness!

Yeah haha.

Im flip flopping on how im going to scape this. I have like 100lbs of beautiful live rock (no pests; started dry) in a brute thats been heater and with a powerhead... Looked in today and its amazing. I think im going to use mostly that rock but leave room for my left island!

• Like 2

Reefers don't leak. At least that's what I tell myself =P. After my PicO leaked last year, I dont ever want to deal with a leaking tank again.

Yeah that must have sucked...

Anyway still just ghost feeding and waiting for bacteria to arrive. The unstmetrical and insufficient Radions are bothering me a lot but not much to do about that lol

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350