Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Brandon would be right in here, .... he wants to get his hands in your tank!

actually he said you were “rock blocking” him, I lmao at that one. 

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Post-blasting everything. I am out of salt so didnt do a water change. It stinks a bucket is $$. 

Forgot about that rack on the right ?fgfzv2K.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Post-blasting everything. I am out of salt so didnt do a water change. It stinks a bucket is $$. 

Water changes are over rated :P

• Like 2

So I was thinking my favorite pic of your tank was the recent sunlit one...but this one of it bathed in blues is pretty awesome.  I guess I just really like your tank! 

I'm thinking about getting T5's or T5/LED hybrids for my new tank. 

Christopher Marks
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Looks great Harry! Quite a change from just one year ago:

fts.thumb.jpg.4128e566d4fb7dd65908e6339f

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
HarryPotter
55 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I regret not getting two buckets at Black Friday :(. I don’t dose trace elements, just Ca and Alk. So water changes are needed!

HarryPotter
39 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

So I was thinking my favorite pic of your tank was the recent sunlit one...but this one of it bathed in blues is pretty awesome.  I guess I just really like your tank! 

I'm thinking about getting T5's or T5/LED hybrids for my new tank. 

Thanks! I prefer the tank under a whiter spectrum, but blues help color up corals ?

HarryPotter
32 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Ill try to get a photo under whites to really compare! The colonies are huge for sure, especially that (green) yellow tort from MikeTR

I lost that yellow mari colony after the frogspawn stung it :(. Sent those acro colonies on the left rack to Braaap before he took his tank down. Gave the Duncan colony & most of the candy cane along with a few dozen other frags to the university aquarium club. Since last year, I’ve tried to clean up the clutter on the sand bed for a more elegant look. Lost the cardinal fish and blenny too, so kind of gave up on fish. I may try to add something again sometime soon, I have a hunch I was not feeding enough.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

When you don't need top downs or blues :wub:. Grown from the tiniest frag into my favorite piece. Anyone else spy tiny hints of green? I want it to stay yellow! I wonder if its because I am running more blue T5s. @markalot what do you think? 

Overly yellow with sunrise+ phone camera being weird in portrait mode.

uRvzDRR.jpg

23 hours ago, Sancho said:

I ordered salt on my credit card (which I hate to do when I cant pay it immediately).  $28 for 48 gallons for the smaller bucket of RSCP. $.58 per gallon. The larger bucket that I usually get is $73,  $.48 a gallon. This smaller bucket will only last two months but hopefully by then ill have sold some coral and/or cutting boards. I also need magnesium, trace elements, and mysis :wacko:. I have a stack of $$ in the form of the end grain cutting boards but I don't have a craft show till the end of april! School is keeping me busy and hurting my (immediate) finances LOL 

• Like 3
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

I ordered salt on my credit card (which I hate to do when I cant pay it immediately).  $28 for 48 gallons for the smaller bucket of RSCP. $.58 per gallon. The larger bucket that I usually get is $73,  $.48 a gallon. This will only last two months but hopefully by then ill have sold some coral and/or cutting boards. I also need magnesium, trace elements, and mysis :wacko:. I have a stack of $$ in the form of the end grain cutting boards but I don't have a craft show till the end of april! School is keeping me busy and hurting my (immediate) finances LOL 

?, I bought a large bucket once, I think it lasted me almost a year. How many wc do you get between those two months?

HarryPotter
4 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

?, I bought a large bucket once, I think it lasted me almost a year. How many wc do you get between those two months?

Well I do 20 gallons a month

8 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

When you don't need top downs or blues :wub:. Grown from the tiniest frag into my favorite piece. Anyone else spy tiny hints of green? I want it to stay yellow! I wonder if its because I am running more blue T5s. @markalot what do you think? 

uRvzDRR.jpg

Pretty. What is it? How long did it take you to grow it from your tiny frag? Yes I see little specs of green. Hope you can figure out how to keep it the yellow that you want

7 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

i do 4 gallons a month.... im still on the 25g box i bought when i started the tank. Altho i do have a 200g box in the back of my mini van. I think im good on salt for the next 4 years. :lol:

• Like 1
HarryPotter
7 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Pretty. What is it? How long did it take you to grow it from your tiny frag? Yes I see little specs of green. Hope you can figure out how to keep it the yellow that you want

It’s a TCK Yellow Efflo. The photo looked even more yellow than usual with a cool morning sunrise. It took about two years

mitten_reef
7 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Eh ok, I was an idiot :happy: and thought you wrote you’d go through the large bucket in 2 months. That’d be an insane amount of wc. 

HarryPotter

The RFAs are going nuts from the increased feedings, super cool. One of my BTA splits is walking and will have to be removed and sold soon. 

Silly blue photo+saturation edit :) 

joOce39.jpg

• Like 5

The tank looks great! Can you post more of your rock flower rock on the left side? I just got my newest tank cycling and its going to be just RFAs.

HarryPotter
On 3/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, Christopher Marks said:

3 minutes ago, HiImSean said:

The tank looks great! Can you post more of your rock flower rock on the left side? I just got my newest tank cycling and its going to be just RFAs.

His post above has a pretty good look of it! 

HarryPotter

Problem...BTA split #4 decided to go walking 

bsJcgvd.jpg

1 hour ago, HiImSean said:

Any a little better ;)

I’ll try to get you one today :) 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
HarryPotter
5 hours ago, HiImSean said:

Any a little better ;)

Here you go :) The anemones are completely around the rock along the sand bed, with the occasional ones wandering on top of the rock. 

EFlSg7v.jpg

@DaveFason on my ATI 8x54w fixture the middle two bulbs keep going out- I have to take in and out a specific bulb (front middle) and it works for like 15 minutes before both turn off. Would this be a ballast problem or a bad connection somewhere? Super bummed if it’s a ballast given I just got this (used) fixture a few weeks ago.  Does one ballast control the 2 center bulbs on a 8x54w?

• Like 2
HarryPotter
17 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

More than likely the ballast. Sounds like the perfect time to spend some money with me. :)

Im using a credit card for the ballast at $26  let alone a whole retrofit :blink::lol: No $ 

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350