Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

I finally did tank maintenance ? New record of 1.5 months with nada but feeding twice a week. Lots of coralline and dirty sand, but the water barely clouded up when I mixed everything. 

That entails:

Shutting all pumps

Cleaning the front glass

Moving racks to front glass

Cleaning sides and back

Picking any algae I can find 

Mixing the crap out of the sand 

Siphoning out 20g

Refilling 20g

Trash two handfuls of refugium algae 

Rinse socks and put new floss in them

All pumps back on 

Rinse muck off corals

Cleaning outside glass with windex 

My skimmer is off off even though it's plugged in. Not even vibrating. I hope it's not broken, even though nutrients are bottomed out. 

I had had my camera ready but of course after the water change it's too cloudy for photos ? so I need another rain check. 

• Like 2

I'm glad things are ticking along! I don't run floss in my socks, but if it would help reduce changing socks twice a week I'd definitely give it a try. How often do you change the floss? Or are you saying you ran the same floss for the last month and a half?

• Like 1
HarryPotter
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I'm glad things are ticking along! I don't run floss in my socks, but if it would help reduce changing socks twice a week I'd definitely give it a try. How often do you change the floss? Or are you saying you ran the same floss for the last month and a half?

Yeah, month and a half. It doesn't overflow when you use floss, the floss just gets kind of really dark brown and muddy. Like skimmate? 

Normal mesh socks last like 3 days. Or, that's actually two socks in series so they each last 1.5 days ?. Floss is a must for me! 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
HarryPotter
41 minutes ago, mpsti05 said:

Holy moly!!!!!!!!! :D

Crazy growth and awesome battles B)

27 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Wow. Holy crap, things just keep getting better! 

Thanks Teeny!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

My tank power cycled, return pump st all, at 10:48pm. This has happened a few times... I may do a factory reset of the apex and program everything again. 

6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

My tank power cycled, return pump st all, at 10:48pm. This has happened a few times... I may do a factory reset of the apex and program everything again. 

how is ur apex connected to wifi?  mine used to do that when it can't connect to wifi.

HarryPotter
9 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

how is ur apex connected to wifi?  mine used to do that when it can't connect to wifi.

It happened twice more last night and woke me up both times with the retun restarting. It's not connected to wifi for the last few weeks, I will work on reconnecting it today and then possibly restoring it and starting the programming from scratch. 

• 3 weeks later...
HarryPotter

The tank is doing fantastic and there are a few new corals, a new XL mag rock, and weird test results I will post photos of/ more details of this afternoon! I didn't bring my camera to ReefAPalooza so the only photos I have of it are the neon blue type ?

• Like 2
On 4/26/2017 at 7:41 AM, HarryPotter said:

It happened twice more last night and woke me up both times with the retun restarting. It's not connected to wifi for the last few weeks, I will work on reconnecting it today and then possibly restoring it and starting the programming from scratch. 

are you still seeing this?  

HarryPotter
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Yes occasionally. No idea why, but I haven't done a hard reset yet. 

HarryPotter
2 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Yes occasionally. No idea why, but I haven't done a hard reset yet. 

HarryPotter
7 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Mine did that when I had an ethernet cable plugged into a wireless adapter that wasn't actually working.  My guess was that it kept trying to connect even though it shouldn't.

Thats the same thing that I have right now, the cable to the adapter IS in but the adapter isn't working!

4 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Harry - Tank is looking great. So glad to see things doing well!

-Dave

Thanks Dave! Here are some photos

19 minutes ago, braaap said:

Why was I tagged in here? The return restarting is a timing glitch in the programming. Should be easy to find.

I tagged you in a post and then deleted it

Here are said photos :)

IMG_0053_zpsn48qawtd.jpg
IMG_0084_zpsraikxfxy.jpg
IMG_0092_zpsjaxdiei2.jpg
IMG_0073_zpsgffoqmzu.jpg
IMG_0074_zpsqku90mw3.jpg
IMG_0071_zpshj3rskgh.jpg
IMG_0066_zpskicngyet.jpg
IMG_0063_zpsc1dloltv.jpg
IMG_0079_zpsnirznevi.jpg
IMG_0078_zpsdi2qwz2a.jpg