Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

mitten_reef

how are things going?  Looks like you've been busy designing and printing parts/accessories for the Apex crowd.

Give us some real updates on this and the 300, will ya?  been seeing a glimpse here and there.  😁

• Like 2
On 4/14/2019 at 9:51 PM, fishfreak0114 said:

I don’t have time to catch up on eight months of missed updates, but damn, your tank is still fire! 😍

I feel exactly the same way!!

• Like 1
HarryPotter
7 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

how are things going?  Looks like you've been busy designing and printing parts/accessories for the Apex crowd.

Give us some real updates on this and the 300, will ya?  been seeing a glimpse here and there.  😁

5 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I feel exactly the same way!!

Thanks!! I have been neglecting NR a bit- been more active on Facebook and Instagram promoting my 3d printing.

The tanks are looking beyond great. Like.... way beyond great. The only correlation I have is dosing an excess of KZ aminos daily.   

For example- Cherry Bomb under daylight spectrum looks FIREE

BYyINHJ.jpg

Here is the Orange Passion (colony?!?) under blues 

kZJ5Hko.jpg

I did this to my gold torch photo earlier, to poke fun at a certain vendor. Copied their EXIF (camera) data and mimicked the saturation/contrast/white balance. 

Original photo:

WmIF3AJ.jpg

How they sell it: 

chto8bM.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
mitten_reef
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Thanks!! I have been neglecting NR a bit- been more active on Facebook and Instagram promoting my 3d printing.

The tanks are looking beyond great. Like.... way beyond great. The only correlation I have is dosing an excess of KZ aminos daily.   

For example- Cherry Bomb under daylight spectrum looks FIREE

BYyINHJ.jpg

Here is the Orange Passion (colony?!?) under blues 

kZJ5Hko.jpg

I did this to my gold torch photo earlier, to poke fun at a certain vendor. Copied their EXIF (camera) data and mimicked the saturation/contrast/white balance. 

Original photo:

WmIF3AJ.jpg

How they sell it: 

chto8bM.jpg

That OP is 🔥

I think it’s interesting that whoever the vendor manages to find image tweaks that didn’t give much away in sand and rocks. The bottom one still looks fake to me tho. 🤷🏻‍♂️  

HarryPotter
2 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

That OP is 🔥

I think it’s interesting that whoever the vendor manages to find image tweaks that didn’t give much away in sand and rocks. The bottom one still looks fake to me tho. 🤷🏻‍♂️  

Thats why many vendors use black frag plugs, and don’t show you anything else to compare to. Agreed the bottom one looks fake- the photo above it is much more realistic. 

• 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

SBig things are happening..... custom 44x28x14 frag tank arriving in a few weeks. I’m already building the stand 🙂 

I modeled up the stand, so I could just get a list of the lengths of plywood I needed. Most of it is laminated together, so 1.5” thick. 

Concept: 

skr3rif.jpg

Reality:

jK7YSgQ.jpg

as for this reefer, it is constant acropora warfare. Colors are crazy!

SAwE9vK.jpg

• Like 7
HarryPotter
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

A new frag tank, that's awesome! Where is it going to go in the house?

Im not sure honestly. I might try to plumb it into the reefer; but that would require moving the reefer to the other side of the room. 

A5ZY2sx.jpg

• Like 7
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Lots of warfare starting again! 

j5Cho14.jpg

Better start clippin' & shippin' again. You got the new address?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
HarryPotter
5 minutes ago, patback said:

Better start clippin' & shippin' again. You got the new address?

I am growing out pieces- check out the back off the tank. Mini colonies of everything, separate from my main colonies. Then I will transfer them into the new frag tank w. the spinning disk. 

• Like 2
mitten_reef
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

I am growing out pieces- check out the back off the tank. Mini colonies of everything, separate from my main colonies. Then I will transfer them into the new frag tank w. the spinning disk. 

Some should be destined to my tank 🤔😂

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

see a glimpse of this one here and there on Instagram.  Time to post a real update....

Its been going pretty smoothly! My new concept frag system is cycling with some Acropora, and I am building up my coral inventory by adding more and more frag racks.  Kind of absurd, but sweet. Dosing like 90ml EACH part daily.  Ignore that center rack- was just temporary.

The candy cane corals up front also aren't there to stay-- before they were thrown behind my rock work. Waiting on someone to come pick them up. 

2xAPzVt.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
41 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Its been going pretty smoothly! My new concept frag system is cycling with some Acropora, and I am building up my coral inventory by adding more and more frag racks.  Kind of absurd, but sweet. Dosing like 90ml EACH part daily.  Ignore that center rack- was just temporary.

The candy cane corals up front also aren't there to stay-- before they were thrown behind my rock work. Waiting on someone to come pick them up. 

2xAPzVt.jpg

Great job Harry 😊..... It just looks better and better. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

2xAPzVt.jpg

That’s a lot of 2-part. Tank is filling in nicely 👍🤜🤛

• 3 weeks later...
Christopher Marks
On 9/5/2019 at 2:05 PM, HarryPotter said:

Dosing like 90ml EACH part daily.

😲 Wow!

Glad the summer has been going well! Are all these frags destined for the new frag tank once it's ready, or are you planning to mount some in the 350?

• 4 months later...
On 9/5/2019 at 5:05 PM, HarryPotter said:

2xAPzVt.jpg

oh boy 🤦‍♂️ this was the last update, huh?  Do I dare ask what happened after AEFW?  I know you DM me saying not looking good.

• 1 month later...
HarryPotter
On 3/20/2020 at 11:17 PM, mitten_reef said:

@HarryPotter, we miss you over here.  You should start a dedicated thread for the frag tank. 

Well I think I will be totally restarting this tank. Its toxic, between the flatworms, and biological issues due to the flatworm medications. Been like 8 months and cant turn it around, so time for bleach! 

• Sad 7
  • 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

Coming down today. 

Cause of death: flatworms, but mainly toxic environment due to flatworm medication. Could not recover environment to after over 10x volume in water changes, biological starters, etc.

Went downhill for 6+ months, maybe 5% corals will be salvaged. 

q64BpED.jpg

• Sad 11
8 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Coming down today. 

Cause of death: flatworms, but mainly toxic environment due to flatworm medication. Could not recover environment to after over 10x volume in water changes, biological starters, etc.

q64BpED.jpg

That’s a bummer. Are you going to restart or take the whole thing down? 

mitten_reef
26 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Coming down today. 

q64BpED.jpg

Sorry Harry, I hope you’ll be re-starting this one back up soon. 

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350