yes, it looks awesome!  I also noticed that it happens to be a millie, 😉

I’m moving around some colonies due to warfare 

Uf1M2R5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I’m moving around some colonies due to warfare 

Uf1M2R5.jpg

whoa dude! you're just about stuffing that 4-foot tank with colonies...the survivors sure came back with stronger growth than ever. 

Any changes to your routine?  How long has it been, 3 months since the beginning of recovery?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

whoa dude! you're just about stuffing that 4-foot tank with colonies...the survivors sure came back with stronger growth than ever. 

Any changes to your routine?  How long has it been, 3 months since the beginning of recovery?

This guy is the problem with my scape!! Takes up a huge amount of space.

I finally started monitoring alkalinity lol... yes @markalot told me to do that years ago! 

Kg2dJgP.jpg

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Well this is beautiful! Was a colony in the back of my tank, getting stung wicked. So I broke it off the rock and was like WOW thats nice! 

REWxG76.jpg

Ain’t that nice? Finding cool corals in the back of your tank? Lol 

That looks great!

How do you like the Orphek strips? I see the reflection in the water.

Im debating between them and the reefbrites actinic XHO to add to my sunpower.

Price difference for 24” between the 2 companies is not exaggerate, I’m more interested in shimmer , coral pop.

I read your review on them and the custom array you ordered but I was curious now after you’ve had them for a while, how do you feel about them other than the ugly mounting option you mentioned in the past?

Disco ball much? Let me know.

Thanks!

On 1/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, HarryPotter said:

Since yesterday.... 65ml was not enough to sustain 7.5. Back to 6.8, so I upped dosing to 80ml. 

WTF, aquarium?!

Things look incredible; better growth and color than ever, but this uptake is unrealistic! 

If it keeps up you might be better of getting a Calcium Reactor. 

1 hour ago, Andreww said:

Ain’t that nice? Finding cool corals in the back of your tank? Lol 

That looks great!

How do you like the Orphek strips? I see the reflection in the water.

Im debating between them and the reefbrites actinic XHO to add to my sunpower.

Price difference for 24” between the 2 companies is not exaggerate, I’m more interested in shimmer , coral pop.

I read your review on them and the custom array you ordered but I was curious now after you’ve had them for a while, how do you feel about them other than the ugly mounting option you mentioned in the past?

Disco ball much? Let me know.

Thanks!

Orphek are AWESOME. So much more color had come out since I started them.... the custom LED layout @DaveFason helped me with is SICK. 

No disco ball at all when the t5s are on- they drown that out. When it’s just LED there is shimmer but no disco ball. 

The mounting isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty damn good 🙂 

Here is the scape, repaired. Friggin love @johnmaloney‘s rock; it’s the only stuff that you can add into the tank w/o growing weird algae. 

24uh6iS.jpg

• Like 3
JavaJacketOC
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

This guy is the problem with my scape!! Takes up a huge amount of space.

I finally started monitoring alkalinity lol... yes @markalot told me to do that years ago! 

Kg2dJgP.jpg

I thought this was yellow, was that just because it was angry from the Alk swing or does it just show green in pictures?

When you're ready to frag it, put me on the list for a piece. I think something like this would look cool if it was mounted on the vertical side of a rock so it plates out

5 minutes ago, JavaJacketOC said:

I thought this was yellow, was that just because it was angry from the Alk swing or does it just show green in pictures?

When you're ready to frag it, put me on the list for a piece. I think something like this would look cool if it was mounted on the vertical side of a rock so it plates out

It greened out, but is growing great. Probably has to do with me constantly changing where it is and touching it

BmlEKPN.jpg

32 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

It greened out, but is growing great. Probably has to do with me constantly changing where it is and touching it

BmlEKPN.jpg

Gotcha, either way I want a piece!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HarryPotter said:

Orphek are AWESOME. So much more color had come out since I started them.... the custom LED layout @DaveFason helped me with is SICK. 

No disco ball at all when the t5s are on- they drown that out. When it’s just LED there is shimmer but no disco ball. 

The mounting isn’t perfect, but it’s pretty damn good 🙂 

Here is the scape, repaired. Friggin love @johnmaloney‘s rock; it’s the only stuff that you can add into the tank w/o growing weird algae. 

24uh6iS.jpg

Looking great!

I might go this route and copy the array you have then👍🏻

Dave knows his stuff😁

Edit: did you have to drill the sunpower or you used the existing hole with another screw? Forgot that part.

• Like 1

I mailed in ICP tests for both tanks, the reefer and the 300g, using a different company, https://www.icp-analysis.com. I used USPS priority, two day, so they should get it tomorrow. 

They're based in the USA, so I am hoping the turnaround will be better than the 2 weeks with Triton. MUCH cheaper too- two tests for $45 as opposed to ATI being $45 each. Though they don't provide a shipping label, so lets say two tests for $52. 

vbjsWVC.jpg

• Like 2
18 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I'm really hoping that having doser on schedule will help me out this year.  and I've been good at checking it once a week. 

your initial experience is making me very optimistic!

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I mailed in ICP tests for both tanks, the reefer and the 300g, using a different company, https://www.icp-analysis.com. I used USPS priority, two day, so they should get it tomorrow. 

They're based in the USA, so I am hoping the turnaround will be better than the 2 weeks with Triton. MUCH cheaper too- two tests for $45 as opposed to ATI being $45 each. Though they don't provide a shipping label, so lets say two tests for $52. 

vbjsWVC.jpg

I was just starting to look at alternatives to Triton, where did you pick up the test box? Amazon?

1 hour ago, JavaJacketOC said:

I was just starting to look at alternatives to Triton, where did you pick up the test box? Amazon?

Was actually a local fish store- $45 for 2 tests. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Andreww said:

Looking great!

I might go this route and copy the array you have then👍🏻

Dave knows his stuff😁

Edit: did you have to drill the sunpower or you used the existing hole with another screw? Forgot that part.

I used one existing hole and made one myself. Pretty easy; just pilot a 1/16th hole and use a 1/4 or 1/2” sheet metal screw. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling I will part with my new Pink Lemonade for the same reason.  I'll give it a good long time but it seems very sensitive to minor Alk swings, losing color quickly.  I don't play that game.  It's still a small frag so it might just be unhealthy ... or not fully healthy yet.  

• Like 2
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350