Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

1 minute ago, Weikel said:

Son of!!! Is that daily???

Yeah, needs to be raised because it’s starting to drop again. Also Mg, but I don’t dilute that so it’s just 3.6ml. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I added Pohls coral vitalizer to my feeding regimen of reef roids and mysis. The LPS go particularly insane. This is during the daytime- you can see the good size in the water. 

9pXec2Q.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
On 11/18/2018 at 8:16 PM, HarryPotter said:

Yeah, needs to be raised because it’s starting to drop again. Also Mg, but I don’t dilute that so it’s just 3.6ml. 

Well, not sure if I should assume that you diluted ca and alk 10X or not. I dose ~20 ml each part daily from Red Sea.  And my tank is only 30 gallon. The brs doser is working magic the last few days, thanks for the pep talk. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Well, not sure if I should assume that you diluted ca and alk 10X or not. I dose ~20 ml each part daily from Red Sea.  And my tank is only 30 gallon. The brs doser is working magic the last few days, thanks for the pep talk. 

I dose B ionic Ca and Alk, they come in this gallon containers that you add water to- so yeah they’re diluted. I believe all solutions would precipitate if you added them without diluting! But Mg is fine 🙂 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Tank continues to look good HP! Let me know if you every frag that yellow efflo again...

Problem is that the efflo is too perfect to frag. A perfectly round colony growing in all directions. I can only see myself fragging it if it gets a weird area of growth- like randomly shoots up an uneven branch ... Otherwise, you're SOL!  Im in this hobby to grow colonies, my frag sales are clippings from warfare 😥.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Problem is that the efflo is too perfect to frag. A perfectly round colony growing in all directions. I can only see myself fragging it if it gets a weird area of growth- like randomly shoots up an uneven branch ... but I'm already reserving that frag for patback.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Tank continues to look good HP! Let me know if you every frag that yellow efflo again...

Back off my efflo!

3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Problem is that the efflo is too perfect to frag. A perfectly round colony growing in all directions. I can only see myself fragging it if it gets a weird area of growth- like randomly shoots up an uneven branch ... Otherwise, you're SOL!  Im in this hobby to grow colonies, my frag sales are clippings from warfare 😥.  

That’s in my future frag pack, right? I’m ok waiting until it shoots out weird branch(es). 

4 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Back off my efflo!

That’s in my future frag pack, right? I’m ok waiting until it shoots out weird branch(es). 

Right now my rack is pretty much milliporas and purple bonsai  from the "collision zone" at the center of my tank. I fell behind and now there are a bunch of areas where one acro is growing over the branch of another 😮.  

I was thinking about "seeding" a red Millipora colony by attaching like 10 small frags to a 3-4" disk. The growth pattern might be pretty cool. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Alright, well if it does happen. 

15 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Alright, well if it does happen. 

Its an investment, like gold. If I ever get desperate, Ill could always chop it up to avoid working the 'street corner again.....  Those were some tough, sexy times with @Sancho

Update on Orphek bars: It takes 7-10 business days to assemble custom bars, so might not arrive this month. 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Problem is that the efflo is too perfect to frag. A perfectly round colony growing in all directions. I can only see myself fragging it if it gets a weird area of growth- like randomly shoots up an uneven branch

You should consider a frag for your dad's tank, just in case you have another accident.  Hey, it can happen. :unsure:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

You should consider a frag for your dad's tank, just in case you have another accident.  Hey, it can happen. :unsure:

Yeah absolutely true, with time I will definitely create backups of my favorite pieces 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, seabass said:

But in the meantime... polyp extension! Color is still coming back slowly; but it gets better every day. I can’t wait to get those Orphek bars up! 

2ocdYUi.jpg

FUphuxs.jpg

• Like 6
23 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Its an investment, like gold. If I ever get desperate, Ill could always chop it up to avoid working the 'street corner again.....  Those were some tough, sexy times with @Sancho

Update on Orphek bars: It takes 7-10 business days to assemble custom bars, so might not arrive this month. 

Just watch out for market corrections/crashes...could regret holding 🙂

5 minutes ago, specore said:

Just watch out for market corrections/crashes...could regret holding 🙂

Thats what I tell my dad... Yet he hoards majorly. Must be a jewish thing. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, patback said:

How was Thanksgiving over by you?  Haven't seen you on here at all today so I'm assuming the household is hungover?

Ello! Thanksgiving was great here. One hell of a turkey, and the family was here as well. We're not really drinkers on thanksgiving 

Jackson was by far the star of the night. He has just been going nuts as everyone came home from grad school and the like! So hyper that he would wrestle with the rope on his own, without even needing someone to play tug haha

unI505r.jpg

fjUJFQ2.jpg

And one of the pies- apple pie with amazing nuts and caramel 

B7mA5TN.jpg?1

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Ello! Thanksgiving was great here. One hell of a turkey, and the family was here as well. We're not really drinkers on thanksgiving 

Jackson was by far the star of the night. He has just been going nuts as everyone came home from grad school and the like! So hyper that he would wrestle with the rope on his own, without even needing someone to play tug haha

unI505r.jpg

fjUJFQ2.jpg

Nice! Jackson is one cute pupper!! What breed is he? 

Just now, banasophia said:

Nice! Jackson is one cute pupper!! What breed is he? 

Australian Shepherd, AKA the best! He is so personable, affectionate and  naughty/silly compared to our poodles. 

cgcBbvu.jpg

PzdDqDD.jpg

• Like 3
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350