SaltCritters.com

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Glad to hear it.  That pie looks amazing.  Home made or store bought?  

Not sure if that's your address or not in the background though...on the shipping label. 

5 minutes ago, patback said:

Glad to hear it.  That pie looks amazing.  Home made or store bought?  

Not sure if that's your address or not in the background though...on the shipping label. 

If you can read that, you deserve a medal!  (Jk, thanks. I edited the imgur image.)

Home made, everything home made. I was in charge of salad and cranberry sauce, the easy stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

If you can read that, you deserve a medal! 

Home made, everything home made. I was in charge of salad and cranberry sauce, the easy stuff. 

Nice.  Believe it or not no one had any apple pie this Thanksgiving.  I just realized that.  Hopefully your salad didnt have any romaine. :lol:

I know where you live now, expect some glitter sometime soon. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, patback said:

Nice.  Believe it or not no one had any apple pie this Thanksgiving.  I just realized that.  Hopefully your salad didnt have any romaine. :lol:

I know where you live now, expect some glitter sometime soon. 

I love apple pie. Pumpkin, not so much. Ill keep an eye out for suspicious packages.... 

And yeah, no romaine unfortunately. Base of iceberg, but I put in pretty much everything. 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
35 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Australian Shepherd, AKA the best! He is so personable, affectionate and  naughty/silly compared to our poodles. 

cgcBbvu.jpg

PzdDqDD.jpg

My co worker has 3 lol. She does agility with them. They are cool ass dogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t know I had so many Grandis Palys!

SC3PxbI.jpg

They’re growing around my column, so not as visible from the front. Same thing with that rainbow montipora! I have quite the frag supply hidden behind that column 🙂 

qgnZJ3h.jpg

• Like 2

Orphek bars are being installed! Initial impressions are pretty darn good. Lots of thermal paste, heavy aluminum housings, gaskets at any openings. Also glass lens, kind of unusual but works for me. 

Yrz6LiB.jpg

About to get to the apex/ballasts. The bars sit a little lower from the fixture than I would like, I’d like to 3d print a different bracket. 

q83Oi6d.jpg

• Like 4

Harry , nice tank; do you care to share what kind of PAR you have that rainbow montipora under?

What kind of flow?

Mine died a while back, was never able to acclimate to my tank while the encrusting forest fire introduced at the same time does very well.

2 hours ago, Andreww said:

Harry , nice tank; do you care to share what kind of PAR you have that rainbow montipora under?

What kind of flow?

Mine died a while back, was never able to acclimate to my tank while the encrusting forest fire introduced at the same time does very well.

Rainbow montipora grows crazy for me. I have 2 big colonies now, probably bigger than my open hand.  Appears to be two types, one with primarily green polyps and one with yellow/brown polyps. Both at the bottom of the tank. 

They both lost their rainbow-ness under T5s. 

This one is blue/purple skeleton with green and orange polyps. Center bottom of tank.

w1H6WkW.jpg

This one is more brown brown/yellow polyps with the occasional orange. Bottom right of tank, so low par. 

6XOzhlx.jpg

Du2nhzH.jpg

New-ish addition, from GotCorals.

AWIA8y6.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for that. Beautiful montis.

That must be it then. I cooked it I suppose, although it was a Divers Den item and I was told by one of them al LA that they kept this specific piece under halides...hence me being comfortable putting it more towards the top.

Oh well, I might try it again low in the tank.

Just saw a few good size pieces at the LFS going for 20$ each. 👍🏻

4 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Orphek bars are being installed! Initial impressions are pretty darn good. Lots of thermal paste, heavy aluminum housings, gaskets at any openings. Also glass lens, kind of unusual but works for me. 

Yrz6LiB.jpg

About to get to the apex/ballasts. The bars sit a little lower from the fixture than I would like, I’d like to 3d print a different bracket. 

q83Oi6d.jpg

Harry!, this tank bounced back faster than anyone could have imagined!!  Unless I've really lost track of time...that could be it too. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

43 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Harry!, this tank bounced back faster than anyone could have imagined!!  Unless I've really lost track of time...that could be it too. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

The biggest sign of the trauma is the green stag- I just took this photo. But I also see those nasty palys to the right which may have stung it. I’ve been leaving it alone; can’t reallt do much with big colonies. 

gc2aH8f.jpg

55 minutes ago, Andreww said:

Thanks for that. Beautiful montis.

That must be it then. I cooked it I suppose, although it was a Divers Den item and I was told by one of them al LA that they kept this specific piece under halides...hence me being comfortable putting it more towards the top.

Oh well, I might try it again low in the tank.

Just saw a few good size pieces at the LFS going for 20$ each. 👍🏻

Were you the person who also goes to UM/ is in the aquarium club? 

10 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Were you the person who also goes to UM/ is in the aquarium club? 

Lol that was me. Check out my thread to see my tank since you last saw it. 

1 hour ago, mtgmichaelg said:

Lol that was me. Check out my thread to see my tank since you last saw it. 

Looking good! Filling up quick. At some point I was going to invite some club members to see the new 300 gallon as well as get some frags again 🙂. Same thing, "snap, plug, and bag!"  Im just like 15 minutes off campus, not bad. I should be going to more meetings..... its just Thursdays are my early day, done at 2:00, and I really dont want to drive back to campus lol

42 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Looking good! Filling up quick. At some point I was going to invite some club members to see the new 300 gallon as well as get some frags again 🙂. Same thing, "snap, plug, and bag!"  Im just like 15 minutes off campus, not bad. I should be going to more meetings..... its just Thursdays are my early day, done at 2:00, and I really dont want to drive back to campus lol

Haha i get it. I've been following the 300 gallon thread, it looks awesome. Maybe after break a few of us could check it out? 👍

So on Black Friday I picked up a few pieces from @Top Shelf Aquatics. I think like 23 pieces total, but 4 were mine (paid for by me, for my tank) and the rest will be for the 300g. They should arrive tomorrow!

This was my favorite, I love red polyps. Thought it was chunky, multi branch, and sexy! The closest pricing I found to this acro was from BSA corals, $69 for a fully encrusted single. branch. But I dont like frag plugs, so IMO this was a better purchase. https://www.bsacorals.com/shop/sps/uc-dippin-dots-2/

Kind of weird that the BSA one is totally neon-green skeleton and this one appears purple. Maybe a lighting thing. 

1Urp9AV.png

• Wow 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350