SaltCritters.com

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

19 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

I don’t think I like the SPS+ schedule. Too much blues, with royals blasting for 1.5 hours before and after the daylight phase. And only 5 hours of daylight, which seems low.  I am thinking of having the T5s on starting 45 minutes before the LED daylight program, and ending 45 minutes after. This will dilute the “royals only” program down to 45 minutes instead of 1.5 hours. And make daylight 6.5 hours, which is slightly better (still low) . Or maybe I’ll try the other program he has, that is described as more natural. 

Here’s my schedule (10 total hours) and midday peak. This was before the new fixture with beam strips added. So with just the arrays.  I think I know what you mean about using mint-only for brightness giving off too much blue.  That’s why I blend in a bit of white.  I’d say you should try blending in white to your likings. 

I don’t know how to balance the colors with the T5 bulbs though. Would you just aim for to match the led to the T5 colors, or just use it to help tweak the T5 a bit?

26844692148_ff674ef762_b.jpg38905784440_b1de4956c5_b.jpg

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Weikel said:

That's just nuts! I was wondering does dave just retro  the ati fixture? And out of curiosity is there like a splash guard that covers the lamps???

Yep! This is the retro. Yes, there is a clear splash guard that slides in. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Here’s my schedule (10 total hours) and midday peak. This was before the new fixture with beam strips added. So with just the arrays.  I think I know what you mean about using mint-only for brightness giving off too much blue.  That’s why I blend in a bit of white.  I’d say you should try blending in white to your likings. 

I don’t know how to balance the colors with the T5 bulbs though. Would you just aim for to match the led to the T5 colors, or just use it to help tweak the T5 a bit?

Lol...didn't take you long to get it to 90%

1 minute ago, specore said:

Lol...didn't take you long to get it to 90%

No that was the old regular Quad.  the new one is still idling at 45% or so (I practically doubled down on blues/violets on the new fixture).  The corals seem to respond well at that level at this time. 

1 hour ago, micoastreefing said:

No that was the old regular Quad.  the new one is still idling at 45% or so (I practically doubled down on blues/violets on the new fixture).  The corals seem to respond well at that level at this time. 

that makes sense.  I was thinking you just said "screw it" and went all in...lol

14 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Dave helped me out- I have a 7 hour day program with a 1 hour ramp up/down on either side. I will start with running T5s for 5 hours within that 7 :) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tanacharison said:

Your neighborhood will power down mid day just to run your tank. 😎

Just looked at the power log- I hit 1100 watts total on this tank... before I have a second fixture up 😮 

This is gonna be like $60 a month I think. 

@DaveFason an electrician is coming over and installing an independent 15a circuit next weekend, damn you xD 

5KYYlVN.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo

This is so fantastic. Can’t wait to see this progress. Hell with the local fish store, I’m just hitting up Harry at platform 9 3/4. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nano Nano Boo Boo said:

This is so fantastic. Can’t wait to see this progress. Hell with the local fish store, I’m just hitting up Harry at platform 9 3/4. 

Didn’t know you knew some Harry Potter lol. I’m huge fan of the Harry Potter books and movies. When can I get the pictures of da goods?@HarryPotter

16 minutes ago, KW NANOREEF said:

Didn’t know you knew some Harry Potter lol. I’m huge fan of the Harry Potter books and movies. When can I get the pictures of da goods?@HarryPotter

I still don’t have a label, so not sure if I am shipping this week or Monday. This whole interaction is weird cuz the frags are like “reserved” and paid for but I am still missing the ability to send em. I may need to make one or two more, buy it’s unorganized until I get them to the shipping racks.  This is cutting it very close. Might be better to do it next week. 

2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I still don’t have a label, so not sure if I am shipping this week or Monday. This whole interaction is weird cuz the frags are like “reserved” and paid for but I am still missing the ability to send em. I may need to make one or two more, buy it’s unorganized until I get them to the shipping racks.  This is cutting it very close. Might be better to do it next week. 

No worries here.  I'm ok either way

Nano Nano Boo Boo
2 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I’m okay either way as well. We have the label sorted out so I’m totally fine waiting. I would rather you be okay with what your sending as you know these corals best. If they don’t seem ready feel free to let them heal. 

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Made a rack to have frags in the sump of the 300. Quick CNC hole pattern and then used weld-on for the legs.

9zqCSzq.jpg

You are a nut lol. That’s a ton more frags and a lot easier to organize! What light are you using to grow them down in the sump

1 minute ago, KW NANOREEF said:

You are a nut lol. That’s a ton more frags and a lot easier to organize! What light are you using to grow them down in the sump

Because it’s in the sump, definitely something LED. Maybe will pick up a used older gen Radion, they’ve come down in price quick. I see gen 3 Pros selling for $350.  

That’s like the price of my whole setup haha

3 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Because it’s in the sump, definitely something LED. Maybe will pick up a used older gen Radion, they’ve come down in price quick. I see gen 3 Pros selling for $350.  

• Haha 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350