Coral Vue Hydros

What media in Biocube media basket?

LeCharlesMuhDickens

LeCharlesMuhDickens

Yes, you want the floss to catch all the paticules befor it runs through the rest of the media

Ok cool, thanks. Are you running anything in chamber one where the factory panel filter was?

Ok cool, thanks. Are you running anything in chamber one where the factory panel filter was?

I dont have a biocube i just chimed in because i do use intank media baskets

If you've removed it, chamber one then becomes popular to hold a heater, the AquaticLife 115 skimmer, probes, etc. The water level there will be quite stable, so things that you have that need to have little chance of water fluctuation levels do well there.

Simulated Fish

If you've removed it, chamber one then becomes popular to hold a heater, the AquaticLife 115 skimmer, probes, etc. The water level there will be quite stable, so things that you have that need to have little chance of water fluctuation levels do well there.

Yep it is just a dead chamber in my tank. Pods use it to stay safe and breed lol

• 2 weeks later...

From top to bottom I have Filter floss, Chemipure Elite and Seachem Purigen.

I change the filter floss once a week and the Chemipure and Purigen every two months.

• Like 1
Air_Cooled_Nut

I have the same as Pancetta. One additional filter I have, under my Filter Floss, is a nitrate remover filter pad. I can't get my nitrate below 20ppm without it. Ammonia and nitrite are zero.

OnePsychLynne

I'm sorry y'all. This is new to me because I just assumed I would use what came with my Nano Cube. If I remove the filter sponges, do I put an in tank filter in front of the intake grooves?

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

I'm sorry y'all. This is new to me because I just assumed I would use what came with my Nano Cube. If I remove the filter sponges, do I put an in tank filter in front of the intake grooves?

You will want to DIY or pick up a media rack from steve, you cant go wrong with his product! plus it comes with tasty swedish fish, who doesn't love candy?!

I think most Biocube owners put their heater in the 1st chamber (one with the intake grooves). 2nd chamber is where the media basket goes. 3rd chamber has a filter sponge and the return pump. This how my tank is retrofitted.

If you use a media basket in the above setup then you will need to trim the top of the black plastic divider between the 1st and second chamber. This will allow beer water flow to the top of the media basket.

I recall reading about this on the Intank site or in the instructions when I bought my media basket? Not sure which.

Steve is a good guy and will respond quickly to questions via e-mail.

I have the same as Pancetta. One additional filter I have, under my Filter Floss, is a nitrate removed filter pad. I can't get my nitrate below 20ppm without it. Ammonia and nitrite are zero.

^^^^^ same here and carbon and purigen mix in bottom
  • 3 years later...

Old post, but new media is now available.  Intank media tower Floss, carbon, chemipure elite (has purigen in it now). Coupled with intank refugium of broken LR and chaeto in chamber 2. Chamber 1 I have the hydor slim skim nano, cobalt neo-therm slim, ato sensor, and return pump in chamber 3.