ReefCleaners.org

Aquascaping a long tank

dmarkham

I am about to set up a 36" long tank and was wondering who else has set up one close to this size and what is your aquascaping? I have a idea in my head, but wanting to see other ideas before I started the tank.

I am about to set up a 36" long tank and was wondering who else has set up one close to this size and what is your aquascaping? I have a idea in my head, but wanting to see other ideas before I started the tank.

3 I can quickly name of the top of my head.

Scorched

Muraki

MrReefer

Please see the links.

Thank you for sharing . I like your set up as well. Cool to see someone with a larger sump then the display. Also Scorched's tank is sick!!!!

Here is my mr aqua 12.

I kept it simple. I can pick the rocks up and move them and clean the entire bottom .. etc

I plan to add more torches and frogspawn in the future to these existing rocks.

20160106_183902_zps2vxd3ayr.jpg

Yes bare bottom with cutting board or star board. Just because I like the look of it better than the glass. I can keep it clean pretty easy because I can move my rocks around when needed.

gulfsurfer101

I would use pieces of dry rock and saw them in half then epoxy them to the back wall for a floating reef look! I bet that would look really cool in a longer slender tank.

I'm new to nano tanks and just set up my 20 gallon long yesterday. I'm really happy with the aquascape.

B6mHWz0.jpg

Nice Arch

Yes bare bottom with cutting board or star board. Just because I like the look of it better than the glass. I can keep it clean pretty easy because I can move my rocks around when needed.

That is interesting. I have always stayed away from BB tanks because of the look. I like the look of sand. The way you did it has me thinking now.

I would use pieces of dry rock and saw them in half then epoxy them to the back wall for a floating reef look! I bet that would look really cool in a longer slender tank.

I bet it would if done correctly. My personal taste is like the island look with lots of swimming room for the fish and coral growth.

gulfsurfer101

Yes the thing is getting the correct lightweight rock that won't bring the wall down and the correct two part epoxy with a high bonding strenght! I would even go so far as running hobbiest ceramic tiles cut into 4" squares for substrate and just grow sps frags out directly on them. A trip to home depot and a relatively cheap tile saw would make this a very fun task. Not to mention it's very pourous so it'll provide beneficial bacteria and beats the hell out of starboard as far as looks.

• 3 weeks later...

That would look cool, but wouldn't it be tough to clean the glass around the glued rock? I have trouble around my bulkheads.

I'm new to nano tanks and just set up my 20 gallon long yesterday. I'm really happy with the aquascape.

B6mHWz0.jpg

I think we are on the same face book group as well.

Littlesardines

Here's how I started mine, I like the island look with lots swimming room too. =)

Mine's a peninsula so it might be a little different than what you were thinking for yours. But might give you some ideas!

20150410_165314_zpscpnwpvxm.jpg

20150410_165300_zpsyjdiefga.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived