Coral Vue Hydros

Broken Parts

Nanofreak79

I've done my part now you do yours! I'm sick of sending emails and submitting tickets with no answer besides go pound sand and then when the shit really hit the fan I'm standing here with your pump in my hand and my pants around my ankles, wondering what just happened?

I asked for the newer rotors way back saying mine were broken on one or more fins and you told me they were for purchase in your online store? WTF? Now, my pump took a total crap, mind you iv already used up the extra blades and retainers/ end caps etc. the rotors on this second pair are total garbage and the blade/rotor are spinning freely on the shaft even with adding the new, or extra shaft and end cap to them.

I've still got one pump, I'm scared to even take it apart, leaving me pump less. I've spent a lot of money with you guys on lights and now these two pumps. I think any customer no matter how large or lengthy the purchase should not be running around sending emails that either don't get answered, are no help other than to pay you more money for parts..............or crickets, not a damn thing to help out a warranties item! Should have stuck to my three mp10's I sold to buy your crap! Jeabo will most likely chew a nice chunk from your wallet, assholes! I've submitted a couple tickets in the past and recieved an answer in a few days, funny I think those were for thumb screws.

To any members sorry if you have a different opinion, which I'm sure there will be. I'm done takin it in the but on this expensive piece of equipment.

Sooooooo what do ya say? I'm not buying all those new parts, most likely close to $100 and that's assuming the motor pieces are viable. Anyone want to buy a maxspect xf130?

LOL.... Sure they made a shit product and had a few paid off fanboys test it and rave about it, and they likely found the flaws so they could make a product promptly to "upgrade" to, to correct the problem quickly. Its not their fault you don't want to be "upgraded" through purchasing a new part that the thing should have came with anyway.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Coralvue sucks

That sucks. I've dealt with IM, JBJ, and Ecotech and had amazing service each time. Cad-lights was mediocre, as was legendary corals.

Hope they get back to you. I would respond next time CCing every since email address and employee you can find on their site.

Damn freaky,thats fu*ked up man.. Hopefully they straighten this out or come to the table with some answers. I know my lfs has about 15 of them if not more and haven't had any answers. That's not saying they eventually wont take a dump. Just go back to the handy dandy ecotech products man and save yourself the hassle.

Thanks guys! I wrote this in the middle of the night with some other issues influencing my post as well. I don't take back the post but it could have been thought out a little better? Maybe....no #### it, it's all good. My local MN attorney general handles issues like this there the reason I recieved my reef2 go money back. Monday I'll fill out the form online and call as well to see what my steps are. Considering Chris's post, which is pretty much how things happened, and how they handled building, selling and emails in my case at least.

I've had lots of luck and good customer service from many big time and small vendors. I'm having trouble understanding why coralvue is doing this. I think they know what a mistake it was to release this so early considering the amount of warranties handled and not handled, trying to get the consumer to pay for,there newly redesigned products for the Gyre, the ones they should have had in the first place.......nice R and D.

I've pretty much said my peace, now I'll just either get an answer/help here or I'll update with what I've done it o get my under warranty pump fixed. Thanks for the support!

Thanks guys! I wrote this in the middle of the night with some other issues influencing my post as well. I don't take back the post but it could have been thought out a little better? Maybe....no #### it, it's all good. My local MN attorney general handles issues like this there the reason I recieved my reef2 go money back. Monday I'll fill out the form online and call as well to see what my steps are. Considering Chris's post, which is pretty much how things happened, and how they handled building, selling and emails in my case at least.

I've had lots of luck and good customer service from many big time and small vendors. I'm having trouble understanding why coralvue is doing this. I think they know what a mistake it was to release this so early considering the amount of warranties handled and not handled, trying to get the consumer to pay for,there newly redesigned products for the Gyre, the ones they should have had in the first place.......nice R and D.

I've pretty much said my peace, now I'll just either get an answer/help here or I'll update with what I've done it o get my under warranty pump fixed. Thanks for the support!

I would be really irritated as well, I have been in similar situations before....you might get a better response if you made some minor edits to your original "in the heat of the moment" post and remove the cursing and name calling. Not saying that it's not warranted but not typically the best approach when you're looking for a solution via open forums.

I did not have the best customer service experience with them Friday of last week. They did respond back to my email in a short time, but with a smart @#$ kind of remark. the CSR quoted me a price for a new driver that was $75 plus shipping. I bought it for $50 shipped from their web page. I emailed him to tell him this and he stated that his price included other stuff as well. Really????? you should have said that up front. I was not happy about buying a part that was poorly built the first time. It took four emails to get a answer on the safety of the light with the bad driver. I did get a response quickly, but the CSR must be one of the " I was looking for a job when I found this one" types. The did not give me the warm and fuzzy feeling that is for sure.

That sucks. I've dealt with IM, JBJ, and Ecotech and had amazing service each time. Cad-lights was mediocre, as was legendary corals.

Hope they get back to you. I would respond next time CCing every since email address and employee you can find on their site.

You mean the corals that look nothing like the pictures and the bryo weren't a good experience?

CoralVue Aquarium Products

I've done my part now you do yours! I'm sick of sending emails and submitting tickets with no answer besides go pound sand and then when the shit really hit the fan I'm standing here with your pump in my hand and my pants around my ankles, wondering what just happened?

I asked for the newer rotors way back saying mine were broken on one or more fins and you told me they were for purchase in your online store? WTF? Now, my pump took a total crap, mind you iv already used up the extra blades and retainers/ end caps etc. the rotors on this second pair are total garbage and the blade/rotor are spinning freely on the shaft even with adding the new, or extra shaft and end cap to them.

I've still got one pump, I'm scared to even take it apart, leaving me pump less. I've spent a lot of money with you guys on lights and now these two pumps. I think any customer no matter how large or lengthy the purchase should not be running around sending emails that either don't get answered, are no help other than to pay you more money for parts..............or crickets, not a damn thing to help out a warranties item! Should have stuck to my three mp10's I sold to buy your crap! Jeabo will most likely chew a nice chunk from your wallet, assholes! I've submitted a couple tickets in the past and recieved an answer in a few days, funny I think those were for thumb screws.

To any members sorry if you have a different opinion, which I'm sure there will be. I'm done takin it in the but on this expensive piece of equipment.

Sooooooo what do ya say? I'm not buying all those new parts, most likely close to $100 and that's assuming the motor pieces are viable. Anyone want to buy a maxspect xf130?

Sorry about the trouble, email your name and contact info and I'll get everything resolved to your satisfaction.

Chris

chris@coralvue.com

So I recieved the parts kit. I basically received the new style impellar with the all the small connection pieces I needed already attached to the impellar. The change was simple having the right and non broken pieces. My pump was on pulse mode at about 8lights on the controller. I now have it down to 3 and the noise is obnoxious from the pump. I'm not one for noise being overly bothersome, as my drain into my sock makes noticeable noise, nothing like the newly fixed gyre. I have double checked components and see no reason why other than the new impellars.

I also still have my second pump with a few broken blades, I have not taken this one apart after what happened with the first. Could you send a,repair kit for it as well and give me some ideas or comments on why my pump is louder? Thanks you.

Man, I want a gyre but my vortechs have been going since 2011 without any replacement parts. The gyre just has such nice flow :( I hope the new parts work out for you Nanofreak.

jedimasterben

So I recieved the parts kit. I basically received the new style impellar with the all the small connection pieces I needed already attached to the impellar. The change was simple having the right and non broken pieces. My pump was on pulse mode at about 8lights on the controller. I now have it down to 3 and the noise is obnoxious from the pump. I'm not one for noise being overly bothersome, as my drain into my sock makes noticeable noise, nothing like the newly fixed gyre. I have double checked components and see no reason why other than the new impellars.

I also still have my second pump with a few broken blades, I have not taken this one apart after what happened with the first. Could you send a,repair kit for it as well and give me some ideas or comments on why my pump is louder? Thanks you.

Is yours a 130 or a 150? I experienced the same noise increase as you when I installed the new paddles, but it subsided after about a week of running. I am not sure what on them needed to really 'break in', but it must be something. The 150 with the new paddles didn't have any increase in noise. But both did have a significant increase in flow like you saw, I'm not sure why Maxspect doesn't have that as an official 'side effect'.

Is yours a 130 or a 150? I experienced the same noise increase as you when I installed the new paddles, but it subsided after about a week of running. I am not sure what on them needed to really 'break in', but it must be something. The 150 with the new paddles didn't have any increase in noise. But both did have a significant increase in flow like you saw, I'm not sure why Maxspect doesn't have that as an official 'side effect'.

I have two of the 130's. I was impressed with how much nicer/beefier they were. Right now it's still loud at three lights, dunno? My vortechs could be about 60-70% and I barely noticed. I can here this gyre over my tv and other background noise, or kids lol. I'm hoping to get another set for my other gyre and maybe see if it's the same or different. The noisy pump is the one I had on pulse mode.

Archived