Top Shelf Aquatics

Need help and information.

dmarkham

I received this light in a trade and I am pretty sure the warranty is up on it. I was test running the lighting and had it set at 100% on channel A and B. As you can see the light had some issues. I have read online that the first generation lights had parts that could not handle the heat, This sucks because I really liked the features of this light. Can you tell me if this is a first generation light? Also is there a easy fix to save this fixture? Is the issue only at 100% on both channels? With A at 55% and B at 75% it was a little warm ,but not hot to the touch. If I am planning on doing a mostly soft coral tank will this light work and support the coral and allow some growth at a lower setting that the light can handle? Will this light work or do I need to scrap it all together? Technical support would be great.

Please submit a service ticket at www.coralvue.com/support and a customer support agent will help you.

Chris

Chris I did this. To be honest the CSR I spoke with in email was distant and not that helpful. I bought a new driver for a 160 watt light. When they gave me a price of $ 75 and I found it on you site for $50. Then they tell me afterwards "if you bought it from me I would have shipped you the melted plastic pieces. Why did they not say that up front? Then to think about it why should I have to buy parts that melted because of a defective driver? The same driver I bought to replace. The same part / driver that is posted over several forms with issues. The light is over all nice. Minus the issue with the driver. I just wish the service was better. Now I am really thinking about not buying your products for my larger tank build. I just with the experience was better.

CoralVue Aquarium Products

Chris I did this. To be honest the CSR I spoke with in email was distant and not that helpful. I bought a new driver for a 160 watt light. When they gave me a price of $ 75 and I found it on you site for $50. Then they tell me afterwards "if you bought it from me I would have shipped you the melted plastic pieces. Why did they not say that up front? Then to think about it why should I have to buy parts that melted because of a defective driver? The same driver I bought to replace. The same part / driver that is posted over several forms with issues. The light is over all nice. Minus the issue with the driver. I just wish the service was better. Now I am really thinking about not buying your products for my larger tank build. I just with the experience was better.

For $75.00 the plastic parts should have been included. Please email me with all of the items that you need and I'll get this resolved.

chris@coralvue.com

Emailed Chris this morning and he responded back very quickly. He said he would get me the rest of the parts I needed and with that I can say the service was great in dealing with him.

CoralVue Aquarium Products

Tracking info sent for the replacement parts, please keep me updated on your progress.

Chris

Tracking info sent for the replacement parts, please keep me updated on your progress.

Chris

Everything arrived. The new driver was a hair taller then the older one. The black plastic cover would not slide into place with the driver bolted down. I did move it over a hair and use a little silicone on the ends of the driver board to hold it in place. Put everything back together and it is running great. Thanks for your help. The new driver is running way cooler then the old one and I am sure that the light will preform.

Archived