Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Radioactive Meltdown 2.0-- new rockscape

tetraodon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice scape, I like the ledges and arch

I feel like if you're using biopellets, you also need to have a heavy bioload

thanks yoshii, ive been thinking the same thing, not to mention having to have a monster skimmer to skim the byproducts off. it seams like the pellets would be effective with a huge heavy bioload system. oh well glad my tank is up swinging

thanks yoshii, ive been thinking the same thing, not to mention having to have a monster skimmer to skim the byproducts off. it seams like the pellets would be effective with a huge heavy bioload system. oh well glad my tank is up swinging

Well in the future if you have a ton of messy fish or something, you could always try again

Well in the future if you have a ton of messy fish or something, you could always try again

for sure, the reactor is also able to be used for other purposes, my LFS runs socks and carbon reactors and they have amazing tanks.

this cyano is a pain in the tail. im wondering if i can starve it out by adding a fuge? hell it cant hurt to put one back in. thats what ill do then, ill restart my fuge to aide in the reduction of my nitrates. come to think of it, the microbe lift ive been adding might not be helping at all. it smells like rotten eggs so that means there is decaying matter in there, could be fueling the cyano. so im going to halt the microbe lift and add my fuge back in.

its that time of the week again, today the fuge will be set up again, a double water change, and a good cleaning. as well as testing. i can manually remove the cyano by hand and it takes a while to bounce back so i think that means i might be close to a knock out punch. i should also get some more burrowing critters to keep my sand bed turned.

busy weekend, got the water change done and removed a lot of cyano, added the fuge back in. my test kits disappeared though, but come to find out my girlfriend ended up taking them to test her tank haha. i was only able to get a pic of my BTA which if i remember ill load to photobucket and link it here.

Cencalfishguy56

busy weekend, got the water change done and removed a lot of cyano, added the fuge back in. my test kits disappeared though, but come to find out my girlfriend ended up taking them to test her tank haha. i was only able to get a pic of my BTA which if i remember ill load to photobucket and link it here.

i wanna see the BTA lol

well my blue tux urchin is on thin ice with me, caught him chowing down on one of my corals. it happens but the tux urchins should be better, oh well.

tested the alk and its at 50 ppm. which is extremely high. my regular water changes arent putting a dent in it. I did have most of my ulva and some chaetao die, so that could be where some of the nitrate is coming from. hope i can lock this down soon.

i have offically banished my large blue tuxedo urchin to my sump, caught him chewing on some coral, pulled the frag off, then not 10 minutes later caught him on another coral frag. after the last cleaning the cyano has been really slow to bounce back, despite the nitrates not budging. so time will tell, things look ok for now

i have an opportunity to get a whole 40 breeder system with stand and sump for free. wonder if i should go for it, i can finally have a full, stand and such. hhmm

pappadumplingz

i have an opportunity to get a whole 40 breeder system with stand and sump for free. wonder if i should go for it, i can finally have a full, stand and such. hhmm

Do it man DO IT!

giphy.gif

I apologize in advance for using a cheesy dead meme

Do it man DO IT!

giphy.gif

I apologize in advance for using a cheesy dead meme

no need, i laughed pretty hard at this to be honest.

i scored the 40 gallon tank, stand and 20long sump with accessorizes, now to figure out what rock work to do, what sand, and what fish to add.

my plan for the new 40 is add a few more fish, now i have to figure out what to do for the rockscape, so any suggestions welcome, my tank is now going through a three day black out, since i work thrird shift my room is already dark during the days minus a slight amount of light. i was reading about a few reefers who do this on a regular basis, citing the fact that reefs are exposed to cloudy days and significant storms, the reasoning makes sense.

planning out my upgrade to the 40, i need to have a cave for oscar and any other lions i might add, ive never been very good with rock scape deisgns, i can either reuse my current stucture and build off of it, or redesign a whole new scape.

• 4 weeks later...

i love talking to myself, i have a bucket of dry rock and will use that for my rock scape, the stand needs some drilling, i need to build my side table, and plumb the system. there is my update, i know everyone is so very anxious for updates.

• 2 weeks later...
Simulated Fish

i love talking to myself, i have a bucket of dry rock and will use that for my rock scape, the stand needs some drilling, i need to build my side table, and plumb the system. there is my update, i know everyone is so very anxious for updates.

ALWAYS!

Any pictures of the new build?

ALWAYS!

Any pictures of the new build?

not yet, due to my busy work schedule and recent family issues, its going to be slow. plus i usually forget to take pics of what im doing.

• 3 months later...

plagued by lack of money and time, but next couple weeks i should be able to buy the plumbing supplies i need, then its a matter of painting the wall behind where the tank will go. i also have to get my side stand built, but that is also not a big deal, it can wait for a bit.

• 1 month later...

Archived