Cultivated Reef

Would like to order, have newbie questions

NUWildcat928

Hi,

About to rekindle my PiCo Aquariums Manta Ray 15. Turns out I need new lighting, and I found Nanoboxreef - the reviews seem amazing. I am strongly considering a Tide (is that the same as the Mini?) but had a few questions:

1. Practically speaking, what would be the real world difference between 2 channels or 4 channels?

2. The pictures of the bluefish mini controller seem to mostly be of a circuit board - is there some kind of housing around it?

3. Looking through the manuals and pictures it would seem there are numerous components - the fixture, 2 power supplies, and the driver? Is there just one plug into an AC outlet?

4. What size gooseneck would be appropriate for my tank (15" x 15" x 9")? I am thinking the 15" in order to get some slack?

Thanks in advance!

I would email Dave Fason at nanobox , he can answer all your questions then some :)

His lights are knock out though,I run one over my tank and it brings the heilos fire :D

I run 4 channel on mine and it's nice cause you can really fine tune the look of the tank and light with this option.

The bluefish mini comes in a nice housing yes.

Dave could answer your other questions pretty well,send him a pm.

Hi,

About to rekindle my PiCo Aquariums Manta Ray 15. Turns out I need new lighting, and I found Nanoboxreef - the reviews seem amazing. I am strongly considering a Tide (is that the same as the Mini?) but had a few questions:

1. Practically speaking, what would be the real world difference between 2 channels or 4 channels?

2. The pictures of the bluefish mini controller seem to mostly be of a circuit board - is there some kind of housing around it?

3. Looking through the manuals and pictures it would seem there are numerous components - the fixture, 2 power supplies, and the driver? Is there just one plug into an AC outlet?

4. What size gooseneck would be appropriate for my tank (15" x 15" x 9")? I am thinking the 15" in order to get some slack?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for checking me out and the old Manta Pico tanks were killer.

1. You are able to pin point a better color with the four channel. As of now I have 90% people ordering the Plus or Plus M.
  2. It is enclosed in the driver housing now.
  3. Only one plug now. Just plug the AC cord and connect to Bluefish. Simple as that!
  4. Go with the 15".

Hope this helps!

-Dave

Archived