Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

(07/08 Showpiece Fish) OMW's - 33 LONG - Custom AIO, mixed reef

olemanwinter

Sorry to hear about the wrasse! One of the most frustrating things about this hobby...when you are doing everything right and things still go wrong! But, those pics are great. I love blennies! Can't wait to get one for my tank.

• Like 1

Tailspot Blennys are awesome, my favorite fish by far.

I love blennies! Can't wait to get one for my tank.

Blennies are great. I don't think I've ever had a tank without one. Over the years I've had a Red Sea Mimic Blenny pair, Starry Blenny, Barnacle Blennies, Midas Blenny, Pictus Blenny, and too many Tailspots to count. Absolutely love the Tailspot.

UgYiCmI.jpg

Slightly better phone picture of the highfin goby

Uq5DrO2.jpg

New banner

phG37xR.jpg

• Like 2

That highfin is beautiful. But the tail spot blenny is my favorite :wub:

Squidward, my TSB, is not shy at all and comes out all the time, especially if there's food in the tank.

• Like 1

Squidward, my TSB, is not shy at all and comes out all the time, especially if there's food in the tank.

I guess it's a sign of the relative peacefulness of the fish I selected but my Tailspot hardly ever hides. He's exploring the whole tank about 90% of the time, but always retires to his barnacle.

• Like 3

Good luck with the new wrasse.

Thanks. Unlike the other wrasse that was sluggish and hiding and not eating....this guy is all over the tank and eats everything. I feel good about it.

• Like 1

I'm getting really great growth in the tank. I've got two hammer heads splitting into four. And my single ricordea mushroom I got on a combo rock from saltcritters has dropped 6 babies for me. It took about two months to decide to create one and then made 5 more in the last two weeks.

VRBpXdH.jpg

I picked up an emerald(mithrax) crab a couple weeks ago. He thinks he's hiding.

chzgLER.jpg

BCwXm8J.jpg

Just another barely decent picture of the pygmy cherub angel

fMC2ZyN.jpg

Chromis macro

T1eZTIp.jpg

• Like 5

Nice pictures! I'm glad everything is doing so well. My rics rarely drop babies, they just keep getting bigger and bigger. In my 4g tank I've started trimming them back with scissors every once in a while. I've always wondered what the difference was between the conditions where rics make babies and where they just get big.

Nice pictures! I'm glad everything is doing so well. My rics rarely drop babies, they just keep getting bigger and bigger. In my 4g tank I've started trimming them back with scissors every once in a while. I've always wondered what the difference was between the conditions where rics make babies and where they just get big.

Do you do any spot feeding to the Rics?

Yes, I do. Usually a mysis shrimp once they get big enough to swallow it. :)

I used to feed chunks of shrimp and stuff every so often and it seemed happy and slowly growing, but then I started doing frequent dustings of Coral Frenzy and it started going into overtime dropping babies.

• Like 2

How does the angel treat your corals?

Like the complimentary breakfast buffet at a hotel.

So, far he's nipped at the maze brain a lot but I haven't seen any real damage, however he's just downright EATING my yellow polyps like I put them in there just for him.

Meanwhile though...and this is the weird thing...my rainfords goby was eating the polyps off one of my gorgonians.

I had to spend an afternoon shooting him in the face with a turkey baster every time he got near and now he leaves them alone.

What on earth is going on here?

That's either a Cerith or Onyx Nassarius snail shell sticking out of one of the mouths of my brain coral.

It's been there all day and it's getting slightly deeper in the mouth as the day progresses. Should I manually remove it? Will it expel it on its own? Surely it can't actually eat the shell.

So F'ing weird.

thDU9ih.jpg

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

What on earth is going on here?

That's either a Cerith or Onyx Nassarius snail shell sticking out of one of the mouths of my brain coral.

It's been there all day and it's getting slightly deeper in the mouth as the day progresses. Should I manually remove it? Will it expel it on its own? Surely it can't actually eat the shell.

So F'ing weird.

thDU9ih.jpg

I've had the smaller snails sticking out of the mouths of both my brain & acans recently. I said screw it & left them there and they were gone (consumed shell & all?) overnight! Lol. I thought the same thing as you, but figured they liked escargot, shell & all! Haha

• Like 1

I would take it out since it's unsightly, but who knows?

I'm only concerned with damaging the coral. I don't want to rip or tear any flesh trying to pull it out. I think I'm going to wait at least another day and see what the status is tomorrow.

I said screw it & left them there and they were gone (consumed shell & all?) overnight! Lol.

That's amazing, and a first for me. Waiting until tomorrow to see how it plays out.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

That's amazing, and a first for me. Waiting until tomorrow to see how it plays out.

Yeah, me too. It was after a recent (couple months ago) order from reefcleaners. Never had that happen either, but figured some of the Florida Ceriths were a little weak from the journey & fell from the glass into the coral. I was conflicted at first, but then figured I'd give it a bit to see if they'd spit out the shell after consuming the snail. Couldn't find the shells next to the coral, so figured it was just natural selection! It happened a week or so apart & after my Lobo ate the first one, I didn't concern myself when I saw another sticking out of the Acan's mouth.

• Like 1