Top Shelf Aquatics

6 Gallon AIO scape

Fourthwind

Just starting this build. My pumps and just about everything else show up tomorrow, so today I do what I can. Scape. This looks right to me, but I am admittedly a noob with reefs. Is this too much, too little, or??? Comments?

post-90150-0-81759000-1452031441_thumb.jpg

post-90150-0-80254200-1452031453_thumb.jpg

post-90150-0-86129900-1452031485_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty neat to me. I am a fellow noob though so maybe someone else can give you some better comments/advice. I love the color though

Simulated Fish

Looks good to me, I love the back wall for sure! only thing I would suggest is making sure you have good flow behind the rock, that close to the back wall your asking for buildup that can cause algae blooms down the line.

Appreciate the tip about being too close. Moved it out a bit. Should be good flow now. Background on the sides of the filter box is a 3d foam product. I sealed them on so that no water or critters would get behind them. Thinking I may be able to glue a frag on it. Polyp colony?

Simulated Fish

Appreciate the tip about being too close. Moved it out a bit. Should be good flow now. Background on the sides of the filter box is a 3d foam product. I sealed them on so that no water or critters would get behind them. Thinking I may be able to glue a frag on it. Polyp colony?

If you could get zoas to go up the wall that would be awesome. Xenia and GSP are both good choices that will happily wall climb, sometimes on there own!

It's a good looking structure with regards to coral placement and flow. I would take out the egg crate and set the rock directly on the glass. Egg crate under rock has proven troublesome for most that have done it as it becomes an effective detritus trap.

LOL ok well I guess I should have asked about the egg crating. Got the idea from a post on this forum. Looks like it was an older post.

Archived