inTank Media Baskets

updated 26 bow pics

danieljames

danieljames

thanks rock. Thats what i was going for. The frags still looked placed, but when it matures i think it will look very natural. I'm not big on displays with rock and large show pieces plugged in. I prefer a more natural look.

yeah that is realy cool! Hopefully i can make mine look like that! But i'm going for lots of bright colord zoo's and mushrooms and i'm not sure i could pull the "natural" look with tons of color, not to mention i only have a 10 and thats not as much spcae to work with but we'll have to see! I'll post pics of my tank once its fully stocked!

danieljames

nah. You can....the flash has washed out all the color in the pics rock. The zoa's are actually bright teal with orange mouths, red, orange, some sunflowers and a few others. There is just no actinic effect with the camera flash.

so whats your secret then........how did you know how to set the corals that way, and place the rock and everything?

P.S the clown looks happy!

danieljames

lol oldtimer. No way man....i love getting back there to see what goes on behind the scenes. Its a whole nother world. Lots of lower light creatures and such. The equipment doesn't bother me a bit when i can see all that in return. Small price to pay i think.

yeah i say add a background too and then it would be perfect! All i did for my was buy a poster board at walmart that was deep deep blue color and cut it to size and it looks just like the ones at petsmart that they sell for $10! Just thought i'd put a little trick of the trade in for you!

danieljames

not sure how to answer that rock. I just place them the way that pleases my eye, with some consideration on how they will grow out eventually. Kinda like drawing a picture really. Whatever pleases you.

danieljames

again..no way man. I love getting behind there to see whats going on. You just can't do that with a backround. You really should try it sometime. There is a good three inches between the back glass and my rock. Allows for good water circulation around the reef, and for other life forms to attach and grow. I really like viewing the back of my tank.

lol i gusse i should but i couldn't happen mines in my room and i can't move the tank and it's about only 2-3 inches from the wall and my haed an't that small;)!

no davidd i still havn't found a light! I might just have to go with the one i was origonaly going to get a drfosterandsmiths thats 72 watts but i wanted a little more but i can't find one for the amount of money i have!

danieljames

its a 26 bow SBF. I have 130watts 03 actinic and 65 watts 10k power compacts (coralife). I have two 150 watt hqi 20k pendants coming wednesday that i'm gonna switch over to.

Archived