ReefCleaners.org

Terry's 15gal column office desktop tank

no694terry

it's been there every morning this week when i leave for work, my peanut worm was in a good 6" stretch mode too.

this guy stretched out is I'm guessing around 18" long

20160127_063217.jpg

• Like 1

it's been there every morning this week when i leave for work, my peanut worm was in a good 6" stretch mode too.

this guy stretched out is I'm guessing around 18" long

20160127_063217.jpg

Enter...JAWS music!

So i have a Aquatic life 115 skimmer at home. I want to see if i can fit it and a 100w tetra heater into a AC70 and hang it on my 15g side, the AC110 would be too wide to fit, and my Eheim 50watt is like 72" tall so I'd need a smaller heater

• Like 1

made a thing today

i had to go back last night and lower the bottom shelf so i can fit a lid on the can (measure twice, drill once kids)

20160130_163604.jpg

• Like 1

I switched out heaters today, from the Eheim Jager 50w to a Aqueon preset 100w. So far i like the Aqueon much better.

With the Eheim i didnt like the size, it was huge for a 50w, and the temp swung about 4 degrees between on and off, so my tank was always going from 74 to 78.

I went with the Aqueon because it was small, can fit in an AC70 if i go that route, black blending in with my glass, prset at 78 so i dont have to touch it, and I'm noticing it cycles much more frequently, my temp hasn't moved from 78 since i installed it when i got into office this morning. 100watts will also help since we turn the office temp down to 65 on nights and weekends

I've had Aqueon heaters before and i dont care for the quality, but my issues were with adjusting thermostat, hopefully this wont be an issue

my tank seems pissed off this afternoon. The zoas and mushroom are closed and have been closed a few hours and there appears to be and abundance of pods in the water, dead possibly. I also measure ammonia at about .13, others at 0. This seems to possibly be from an astrea snail dying over the weekend, or possibly related to heater change?

my tank seems pissed off this afternoon. The zoas and mushroom are closed and have been closed a few hours and there appears to be and abundance of pods in the water, dead possibly. I also measure ammonia at about .13, others at 0. This seems to possibly be from an astrea snail dying over the weekend, or possibly related to heater change?

Sorry the tank is going through this. I am thinking that the snail death is the most likely canidate, I doubt the heater change would do anything. I hope a WC sets things right again.

2 days and my little frags are still clenched. Checked all the levels again, still good. I have some minor brown algae here and there

I found a dead hermit, 3 still missing, but my "big" hermit is sitting on a rock like normal

ph 8.0

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 0

phosphate 0

I think my CUC is due in today

Only thing i can think of is that there may be an issue with the old salt i used. It was getting clumpy. I need to go get some more salt and do a big water change i think

Day 26. heres where I'm at. Levels all good, I want to do a big water change but need to get some new salt first.

The CUC was a no show :(

TTJ_4576-X2.jpg

came intoday to a pretty good brown cyano or dino outbreak.

I'm a little disapointed with reefcleaners, I ordered a CUC on 1/29 that would have shipped 2/1. But they never arrived, i emailed John on 2/4 that they haven't made it on day 3. And my response was "let me know how it goes when they arrive", Friday when they still werent on the mail truck i emailed him back and didnt get a response. I dont think he shipped them, I got his I'll get them out Monday email when i order but never got a confirmation email, if he forgot thats fine, no big deal, but i feel like he didnt even look into it. And now the algae has a pretty good head start on the CUC

Only thing i can think of is that there may be an issue with the old salt i used. It was getting clumpy. I need to go get some more salt and do a big water change i think

100% water change from the 90g? That would fix it up real fast!

sorry i got a little off topic with my 90g. The old salt is in my 15g. My 90g is at home, it gets neglected but thrives like a peaceful diverse enviroment with a slight GHA problem

Guess what...I caught Bristlesaurus mowing done GHA this morning. And i mean mowing it down

that rock it was near in post 77 was covered in GHA, this morning it was picked clean, and i caught him eating it

• Like 1

Guess what...I caught Bristlesaurus mowing done GHA this morning. And i mean mowing it down

that rock it was near in post 77 was covered in GHA, this morning it was picked clean, and i caught him eating it

Ha ha, I love that...Bristlesaurus! You are the first reefer I know to name a bristle worm!!!

starting to see little critter tracks between sand and glass. Snails are due in today. John I think confused my order with one I placed a fed days earlier for my house. He thought it shipped, oh well, no biggie, lets just hope USPS doesnt deliver me snailcicles. My house delivery got left outside, the nassarius didnt mind but most of the ceriths were doa.

and my Rodi is out for delivery, i can finish hookinfg it up, gonna go buy some new salt and start changing out the 90 and filling jugs for my 15g

Suck starting tanks when its 4° outside

• Like 1

got the BRS rodi hooked up. but a little annoyed, they advertised a built in autoshut off, but the waste line doesnt shut off and i dont see a check valve anywhere.

My tds going in are between 6 and 10ppm. chlorine test at 2-3ppm.I ran it about an hour now im starting to fill can #1

• Like 1