Innovative Marine Aquariums

Terry's 15gal column office desktop tank

no694terry

the one in robinson has a huge selection and the girl there seemed bright, today i went to the one in south hills village, dude wasnt as bright, he was checking water with two swing arm hrydometers, one read 1.017, the other 1.030 and was staring at them like "how can this be?",i told him to give the high one a few good flicks but he didnt seem to care, it was just "whatever". i dont buy a lot of fish, when i get my office fish it will either be aquaworld or online, but i doubt ill order a damsel online.

• Like 1

Thats right, you are on the other side of the rivers. Its funny how us Pittsburghers treat going through one of the tunnels like its the other side of the world.

• Like 3

Thats right, you are on the other side of the rivers. Its funny how us Pittsburghers treat going through one of the tunnels like its the other side of the world.

im an exception though, grew up in penn hills, moved to new ken (where parents still live), the robinson, now i plan to spend out my days here in upper st clair/bridgeville. and still drive 20 miles to work crossing every river on the way

• Like 2

im an exception though, grew up in penn hills, moved to new ken (where parents still live), the robinson, now i plan to spend out my days here in upper st clair/bridgeville. and still drive 20 miles to work crossing every river on the way

You are an exception then. My husband and I both grew up in the West Deer part of the Deer Lakes school district and we moved about 6 miles from our homes in West Deer just over the line into Pine Richland. I have always had a Gibsonia address, ha ha! My husband works in Cheswick which is not far from New Ken though.

this pistol shrimp managed to cloud up my 90 in 10.6 minutes. i got worried why it was so cloudy when i got up so i checked levels. I thought maybe it was related to vacuuming my sump yesterday but everythings still at 0. and no mechanical filteration besides an ebay skimmer which only realy collects anything when i do cleanings

• Like 1

so your familiar with Seahorse pet store. Its a bummer they closed, thats where i used to go for supplies on my lunch break

I am not only familiar with the Seahorse, I worked there from 1997-2009! I did their service accounts for 5 years. Lloyd was my mentor.

• Like 1

found a hitchhikers i never saw before in the 90. size and behavior of a brisstle worm, but a naked purple grey color and looked like an elephants trunk

edit: i think its a peanut worm, Sipunculid

• Like 1

Monday morning 1 week update

Temp 77°

SG 1.023

PH 7.8

Ammonia 0.13 ppm

Nitrite 0ppm

Nitrate 0ppm

The ammonia dropped, I could almost call it zero but there was a slight green hue so i split the difference. No nitrites though, I'm not sure how much of a cycle I'm going to get since i used a bag of live sand, the bateria bag that was included, 3 chunks of live rock from my established tank at home and 1 big piece of dry rock. PH is down, but i figure I'll get that back up when I start doing water changes

TTJ_4468-X2.jpg

• Like 2

I love seeing the big picture with the whole office shot. I would never get any work done with the tank right there!

I doubt you will get much of a cycle...anytime I transferred most of my rock and sand from an established system I would get .025 ammonia for a week and a half and then it would go to zero. It might not hurt to add seachem stability or some other nitrifying bacteria with your water changes.

my tube worms are still kickin. I put the timer on the light just now, I need a quieter digital one, sounds like a kitchen timer. I'd like to get a little something growing so I can place a cuc order with John in a week or two

• Like 1

day 10, all levels at 0. I added 5 little hermits to clean up some left over algea on a live rock i used. I still going to wait a while on the reef cleaner pack. But i did order some cleaners and some chaeto for my 90.

I have a little diatom action on the sand today.

I might add some fish later next week. I think I decided on the 6 line wrasse and a Sharknose goby.

• Like 1

its ok, not spectacular. color blending isnt very good, but pretty typical i imagine with LED's and its just a shade too blue( 16k would be ideal). I been running it about 50%. And the bulb isnt even warm, its pretty close to ambient temp until you get right on the led's. The fans are silent and dim with the bulb, Since the tanks so narrow and the power heads are near the top, i get a pretty aggresive shimmer, which is actually a little nauseating to look at

I have a small zoa frag and a single mushroom in there, The zoa's have good color, the shroom is finally opening after 3 days,

I cant really comment further since its new, but Its no Kessil

my banded coral shrimp molted today, always freaks me out, especially since i added the snapper.

but then the mailman left the box of snails outside, wifes usually home but wasnt today, its not looking good

All levels today are at zero, PH still 8.0. I think its water change time. My zoa frag was stretched to the moon so i moved it to a little more light and turn the dimmer up a tad. Diatoms still on sand. Gonna order the CUC this week, just waiting for John to restock rock, i need more for my 90. And speaking of my 90, check out the bristle i found this morning on the way out the door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g70hsXkz8bw

since this morning, hundred of what i think are copepods have appeared on the glass, theyre about 1mm long, crawling and have somewhat long "feelers"

• Like 1

my $5 zoa frag aint looking so hot, it looked like that when i bought it but thought it was some algae, but its not going away. When the lights turn on it looks normal

20160126_075243.jpg