Coral Vue Hydros

Terry's 15gal column office desktop tank

no694terry

Whats the longest you guys/gals have had a snail? I got this guy as a hitchhiker back in February 2017. I think my next longest lasting critter is a serpent sea star i have had in there for a couple years now too

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Might be time to go bigger in my office. We're getting new paint and flooring soon so i gotta move the tank. I'm strongly considering build a heavy duty steel stand on caster and swapping out the 15 gallon column with something like a 20 or 25 tall.

20190827_141008-X3.jpg

• Like 4

Been talking to a fellow car guy who also happens to either own or is related to the owner of a popular local fish store and he recomended a 37 gallon column. That would be cool but i feel like it may be a bit much for my office

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

How soon do you have to move the tank @no694terry? It's always tempting to go larger, but don't underestimate the extra time and water needed for water changes, especially at the office. Sometimes smaller tanks are the right balance of maintenance effort and time, despite the real estate limits. I say let this one grow out and fill in! Do you think you'll have to move it just for a day or two only? Hopefully somewhere else in the office rather than back home!