Pod Your Reef

RIP Sebastian's Nuvo 30L Build- Future Goals/Plans!

RIP Sebastian

RIP Sebastian

Great job nick....love the scape and livestock choices.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. I'm actually going to rescape soon and get rid of the cardinals.

RIP Sebastian

I need a review from you on your Aqua fundamentals stand RIP Sebastion. Thinking of purchasing one for my 30L

Ok. Will write up later.

• Like 2
RIP Sebastian

Good luck with the move!

Thanks! I'll need it. In other news, I lost the wall hammer today to BJD. I had him in a QT with dips in Lugol's once a day. :(

On 2/13/2017 at 7:56 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

I lost the wall hammer today to BJD. I had him in a QT with dips in Lugol's once a day. :(

Aw man sorry to hear! What happened?

• 2 months later...
RIP Sebastian
6 hours ago, samnaz said:

Any updates? How'd the tank move go, or has it not happened yet?

Tank is doing okay. Not great, not awful. I've decided to forgo SPS entirely because I don'twant to constantly worry about it and actually enjoy the tank. I have discovered that flow is a major issue in my tank and I have added a koralia 240 temporarily. The move has not happened yet. I am planning on rescaping during the move. We just got the backsplash in yesterday in the kitchen. I guess I should update this thread more, huh?

• Like 4
ninjamyst

I learned that flow is really important the hard way.  Had algae everywhere in my nano, killing off my gorgonians.  I tweaked the flow a little, cleaned the tank alot, and now algae issue is under control.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Tank is doing okay. Not great, not awful. I've decided to forgo SPS entirely because I don'twant to constantly worry about it and actually enjoy the tank. I have discovered that flow is a major issue in my tank and I have added a koralia 240 temporarily. The move has not happened yet. I am planning on rescaping during the move. We just got the backsplash in yesterday in the kitchen. I guess I should update this thread more, huh?

I definitely would like more updates, I'm working on a very similar setup - 30L with a quad.

Soon I'll be moving my 20L to the 30, I'm kinda terrified after reading horror stories of transfers gone wrong. Be sure to keep us updated on the move and good luck!

RIP Sebastian
3 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

I learned that flow is really important the hard way.  Had algae everywhere in my nano, killing off my gorgonians.  I tweaked the flow a little, cleaned the tank alot, and now algae issue is under control.  

Good to know I'm not alone. I hope your fish killer problem gets better.

1 hour ago, samnaz said:

I definitely would like more updates, I'm working on a very similar setup - 30L with a quad.

Soon I'll be moving my 20L to the 30, I'm kinda terrified after reading horror stories of transfers gone wrong. Be sure to keep us updated on the move and good luck!

Thanks. I'm nervous about it. I don't think it will happen until July. We might be switching carpet companies, so my parents will have to go through the selection process again. Plus, I'm going on an exchange for two weeks in June to England and I told them that I have to be there when it happens.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Good to know I'm not alone. I hope your fish killer problem gets better.

Thanks. I'm nervous about it. I don't think it will happen until July. We might be switching carpet companies, so my parents will have to go through the selection process again. Plus, I'm going on an exchange for two weeks in June to England and I told them that I have to be there when it happens.

Hey I'm waiting on new carpet too! Haha.

RIP Sebastian
1 hour ago, samnaz said:

Hey I'm waiting on new carpet too! Haha.

Neat!

1 hour ago, fishfreak0114 said:

England!  That sounds fun :) 

Yeah. Never been there before. It should be interesting!

'ellow Sebastian (thick Britaccent)

Would you like tea wi' a spot o' milk laddie?

:D

I love London - you have to eat pizza at Pizza express - the chilli pizza. And blueberry scones with espresso at Nero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
RIP Sebastian
24 minutes ago, metrokat said:

'ellow Sebastian (thick Britaccent)

Would you like tea wi' a spot o' milk laddie?

:D

I love London - you have to eat pizza at Pizza express - the chilli pizza. And blueberry scones with espresso at Nero.

Fancy seeing you 'ere, m'lady. :lol:

It's a reciprocal exchange, so my student already stayed with me for two weeks. Everyone at my school just wanted to hear him talk. If I have time, I'll try those places. Me and the two other kids on the exchange are doing a weekend excursion to London, so there's not much time, but I'll try. :)

• Like 3

Wow Nick, lots of excitement in your life with the trip to London, new carpet and tank transfer!  Regarding the transfer, if you need help just give a shout.  I have done 3 and never lost anything.  I'd be glad to come and lend a hand and maybe a brute can and buckets.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian
13 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Wow Nick, lots of excitement in your life with the trip to London, new carpet and tank transfer!  Regarding the transfer, if you need help just give a shout.  I have done 3 and never lost anything.  I'd be glad to come and lend a hand and maybe a brute can and buckets.

Thanks! I might take you up on that when the time comes.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

I just might have to consult you when I do my transfer. You must be the pro.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian
32 minutes ago, samnaz said:

She is. I'm so happy she lives about twenty minutes from me!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, samnaz said:

6 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

She is. I'm so happy she lives about twenty minutes from me!

Thanks for all the votes of confidence!  

• 2 months later...