Innovative Marine Aquariums

RIP Sebastian's Nuvo 30L Build- Future Goals/Plans!

RIP Sebastian

RIP Sebastian

Yep!!!! Anytime would be great!!!

Sorry to make you wait. So lazy. Will try later tonight once my computer battery runs out so I have to go near the tank to plug it in. Talk about First World problems.....

RIP Sebastian

Well, I was almost done with a pics and update post, but i accidentally closed the tab. *sigh*

Anywho...

We are still waiting!

I had to be a tease just this once!

I couldn't find the part where you talk about what happened with alk?

It was at 13dKH. Sky high.

Without further adieu, here are the RFAs and Rics:

This bugger is small (green lump on the left). I put him next to my existing ones(on the right). I accidentally fed him five shrimp and he ate them all!:

1480880670563160142230_zpsic5cbc0f.jpg

Another:

1480880652289-401571913_zps31wzlupc.jpg

My favorite:

1480880587555284832370_zps5knoc0gt.jpg

I asked Sandy and Ramiro of Got Corals to send me a blue ric and one that was unique. Was I in for a treat!

This guy is a beautiful blue, but he walked behind the CTR, so it's hard to see him.:

1480880622587-1643352802_zpsucvplxtu.jpg

Here is the "unique" one. I love him! He has at least three mouths and, under different lighting colors, appears blue, green, yellow, or a combination of those colors!:

1480880610405523683637_zpsshw4rrmd.jpg

What I would like to do is buy a little bit of rock rubble and make a ric garden in the front and center of my tank. I may do that with the Xenia and GSP, too.

Sandy and Ramiro were nice enough to give me a freebie! I was a big PITA (t least in my opinion), calling them after five, asking questions, just being generally annoying. They were great, though! Highly recommend! Here is the Jungle Bell Cyphastrea they sent: ​It's to the above right of the big ric in the above photo. I hope it does well!

In other news, my lil' Jessie (it's her pet name-puns-because her name is Jess and she's a pet. Ooh, I need a nap.) started hosting today! Her hubby needs to get his crap together, though. He's clueless.

14808807055221816985228_zpsk3qcdk8c.jpg

That's the best pic I could get. She's not dead, I'm just an awful photographer.

Also, my Dad named my murderous hermit crab "Fidel", so that's something.

In life news, I was accepted into a reciprocal exchange with another independent school in Cambridge, so my counterpart will come here the last two weeks of March, and I'll go over there the two middle weeks of June.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

Nick

• Like 3
RIP Sebastian

The RFAs are beautiful as are the ricordia! Congrats on the reciprocal exchange, that should be an interesting adventure as well as enlightening.

Thanks! I love them, too.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

It looks like your nem is loving the attention from the clown too, nice and bubbly!

Yeah! Over the past five days or so, Jessica has been getting increasingly closer to it. The nem is a little bubbly, but only on the top of it. My other one isn't bubbly at all.

RIP Sebastian

Your nems look healthy, your bta is certainly happy. Your clown looks so content resting there. That sounds fun, that reciprocal exchange.

Happy nems, happy life. It only took m female five damn months. Maybe it'll take my male only ten. :)

NEMS!! omgomgomg

Indeed.

I had some Instant Ocean that was around 16dKH.

1311948270220.jpg

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

When the nem closed up last night (he goes to bed when the moonlight comes on), Jess was still swimming in him! He actually didn't close up all the way like he usually does. One odd thing though- she only hosts the RBTA, not the orange-tipped GBTA. What a finicky fish.....well, at least she's hosting now. Her hubby, on the other hand... Oi, he needs some help. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'm beginning to think he has some Maroon in him. Bulldog jaw (square-ish face), very aggressive-more so than my female.

I'm also having a cyano issue. I put some Chemi-Clean in the tank last night and checked it (quickly) this morning. It looks a little better. We shall see! I also need to test my params. I did a five gallon water change with the new salt and I need to see where I'm at.

Here's a Picture My Mom Just Sent Me:

IMG_1709191_zpsl1a1d5fv.jpg

:wub:

Nick

• Like 3

When the nem closed up last night (he goes to bed when the moonlight comes on), Jess was still swimming in him! He actually didn't close up all the way like he usually does. One odd thing though- she only hosts the RBTA, not the orange-tipped GBTA. What a finicky fish.....well, at least she's hosting now. Her hubby, on the other hand... Oi, he needs some help. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'm beginning to think he has some Maroon in him. Bulldog jaw (square-ish face), very aggressive-more so than my female.

I'm also having a cyano issue. I put some Chemi-Clean in the tank last night and checked it (quickly) this morning. It looks a little better. We shall see! I also need to test my params. I did a five gallon water change with the new salt and I need to see where I'm at.

Here's a Picture My Mom Just Sent Me:

IMG_1709191_zpsl1a1d5fv.jpg

:wub:

Nick

That is very odd that the 'so called male' is more aggressive than your female. Marroons can be quite aggressive however so maybe that is it. Are you sure that their genders are not reversed? Maybe the one in the nem is a male and the other one is a female?

Whoever is in the nem is adorable in that pic!

RIP Sebastian

Finicky nems!! Something must've rubbed them the wrong way! Bwahhhaaahahaha. :lol:

:slap:

That is very odd that the 'so called male' is more aggressive than your female. Marroons can be quite aggressive however so maybe that is it. Are you sure that their genders are not reversed? Maybe the one in the nem is a male and the other one is a female?

Whoever is in the nem is adorable in that pic!

100% sure. I actually got her off of Craigslist before I joined N-R. She had been solitary for a while then, and then another year of being solitary with me, and when I put Griffin in, he submitted. She's bigger, too-and a cutie. It's really hard to see Griffin because he's a misbar midnight/domino, so all you can usually see is a floating white spot! It's his cheek. :P

• Like 1