Innovative Marine Aquariums

RIP Sebastian's Nuvo 30L Build- Future Goals/Plans!

RIP Sebastian

Waiting it out really isn't a solution for bubble algae. I'm not sure how effective peroxide is for it. Personally I do manual removal with a suction hose like in the video below. I've had hit or miss luck with emerald crabs in the past... and even had my emerald crabs eventually decide they like to eat meat better than algae. Usually that just meant the LRS fish food, but I had one eat my RFAs.

• Like 1

Nick, is your mom rehabbing yet? If she is not yet and has a choice about where to go, my husband highly recommends Harmarville Healthsouth. They are really good. If your mom would like to talk to my husband, just pm me. Dave would be glad to share his experience with your mom.

Thanks Dawn! She is currently going to rehab at the Lemiux Center in Cranberry. I will ask if she would like to talk to Dave.

Nick

I would guess the Lemiux center would be very good too.
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I hadn't seen Jake at all yesterday. I found him under the rock a few minutes ago, missing a tail and with blood on his belly. I feel so bad..... Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks,

Nick

O no Nick, i am sorry about Jake. No, i have never had a problem like that with a royal gramma. I have had several and have one currently.
  • 3 months later...
vegasgundog

If you can pull the hydroid rocks out and drop jell super glue on thier openings. People say dont pull on them, they release spores when you do. Super glue works great and falls away eventually if you dont go crazy with it.

• 1 month later...

looking forward to following your thread!

not sure how santa clara fares these days, but their Fiddler on the Roof show back in the early 90s is still one of my favorite shows. i've not followed dci in years, but my top three have always been santa clara vanguard, boston crusaders, and madison scouts.

• 2 months later...

How's the tank doing?

Also, awesome to see a fellow marching band member!!! I marched for four years playing clarinet and in the winter I did indoor percussion ensemble playing vibraphone and marimba. Did a little bit with it in college but eventually gave it up.

My sister is now in marching band as a sophomore in high school and their ISSMA state finals were today. They placed 2nd in Class B-the highest they've EVER achieved. I couldn't be more proud of her and I cried when they announced it!! But I haven't been following DCI.

• Like 1

Good luck! I just got back from watching my son's last high school marching band competition ever. Between my oldest daughter and my son, we've been going to competitions for eight years now. It is so much fun and such a great thing to be a part of.

• 4 weeks later...
RIP Sebastian

Ha ha, all this time I have been wondering what your tank looks like! Its beautiful Nick. I love how it looks.

Aw! Thanks Dawn! It needs a lot of work, but it's getting there.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Nice man! Post some closeups, what's that frag down there at the bottom?

Also, love the quad, getting my own in soon :)

Thanks! Could you be more specific as to which frag? I love e my Quad, but I'm the second owner, and USPS did a literal bang-up job on it. With the trade-in program and the holidays, maybe.....

RIP Sebastian

The pinkish one on a big white frag plug right in the center of the sandbed.

Also, did you get a pm from me?

Ah! That is a little Frankenstein-esque Kenya Tree. My big colony like to drop babies, so every once in a while I put them on a plug and they grow together. No, I did not receive a PM.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nick

Hey! Thanks! I redid the entire first post! I actually.modeled it off of your four gallon thread.

Wow, nice job! It's really nice to see everything summarized in one place. Hmm, now I need to redo my other threads :)
RIP Sebastian

Wow, nice job! It's really nice to see everything summarized in one place. Hmm, now I need to redo my other threads :)

Thanks! I figured it would be cleaner this way- I really liked how it was laid out in your four gallon thread! Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 1