ReefCleaners.org

RIP Sebastian's Nuvo 30L Build- Future Goals/Plans!

RIP Sebastian

Yeah Dawn, I agree! I'm volunteering at a senior center today so I am going to head up and see Adam around 11!

Adam's store is pretty nice. I hope you see some good stuff to bring home!

Hahahah, i got mine about 3 weeks ago, Duo M .. i cant stop looking at how great my live stock is looking, i used to run T5s and its nothing compared to how all my corals look at the moment.

Shimmer FTW!!!!! i want to set up that camera feature lol... just so i can look at it from work hahah... B)

question, how do i put a link of my horrible build thread.. like how everyone has on the lower left?

DOOO ITT!

Also, go to your settings, select signature, and hyperlink it. I then think you can change the appearance. :)

Plus, no build thread is horrible!

PERFECTO! that was easy...

Glad to hear it! You can actually make a cool custom sig with your Bluefish.

How??? i try to not play too much with my bluefish cause im always afraid of touching something at work without me being able to see the tank lol..

check this micro camera for phones.... comes out next month

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1139883873/nurugo-micro-discovery-begins-with-nurugo-micro?ref=category

Cencalfishguy56

Well, I ended up heading out to the LFS around 4 pm....... I knew what I wanted- a firefish and a frag or two. It didn't go that way.

My mom walked in and said "I want that". It was an 80 dollar Zoa colony. It was pretty, but since it's my first tank, I didn't want to kill them and have them melt away. Oh well. My dad found this merulina, which I had never heard of. The guy said it was easy to take care of, so he bagged it up. Then came the Christmas Tree Rock- he said they didn't need to be fed, so we took that. Honestly, I just wanted a little colony of five or six mushrooms that the sell on a rock. Oy vey. They had this little Helfrichi Firefish who was cute, and they just started carrying green mandarins... they were cute. But then I saw this little white spec just kinda floating. It was a little clown that blended in with the black background! He was cute, and I just had to have him. He and Jess are doing pretty well as of now. I have the frags on the sandbed right now, but I'll be moving them up.

I did a little research today and discovered that the meriluna is a vicious little bugger and that the Christmas Tree Rock is an SPS. Oh my. Well, it's worth a shot. Here are some pics! Sorry for the bad quality- no good camera (yet!).

WP_20160221_012_zpshivn21dw.jpg

Jess and Griffin havin' a good time.

WP_20160221_005_zpsgkavrggo.jpg

The new Merulina.

WP_20160221_007_zpshpgxyzfj.jpg

The huge Zoa colony- if you know what variety they are, let me know!

WP_20160221_008_zpslpyacqyw.jpg

The CTR. I have a spot with high flow at the top of the tank picked out for it!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nick

Looking good! Looks like eagle eye Zoas IMO
Cencalfishguy56

Do I ever! They aren't open on Sundays, though..... urgh....

Wow that blows! Lol my LFS is open on Sunday's but my fish guy never works Sunday's and I usually order ahead of time then go pick up when he gets a shipment, but mostly he just sends a mass text to all the reefers about fish and coral he receives weekly lol
Cencalfishguy56

Yeah... But this store opened in August and I'm pretty cool Adam (the guys who owns the place) works another job. Plus, he is the only employee. There are two 240 gallon frag tanks, a 50 gallon Acro tank, a fish system composed of twenty-four 20 gallon longs, another 120 galoon full of live rock, macros, several larger fish plus a mandarin, not to mention two 7.5 gallon invert systems, a 120 mixed reef, and this 300 gallon reef:

WP_20160220_016_zpsbykqafwk.jpg

So... yeah. That's a total of 5 systems- plus sumps! That's probably why they're closed.....

and he does it by himself?
Cencalfishguy56

The only other ones around here are like 40 minutes away, and they're not saltwater specific. One has mold, like, everywhere, and the other mainly specializes aquarium sales. I stumbled upon this one by chance- best find of my life. The 300 was originally a fish only system, and was pretty ugly. He then moved everything from the 120 to the 300, and is now restarting the 120.

I wish he shipped would love to support his store

Cencalfishguy56

You can always call! I'm sure he'd be willing to! He offers this reward program where if you make 10 25 dollar purchases, you get a free 25 dollar gift card. I thought it was gonna be 10 separate purchases, but it's not. If you spend 250 dollars, you get 25 dollars free! The little thing he uses to punch the card is shaped like a freshwater angel!

Lol that's awesome I'm gonna have to hit him up and get some stuff

Well, I ended up heading out to the LFS around 4 pm....... I knew what I wanted- a firefish and a frag or two. It didn't go that way.

My mom walked in and said "I want that". It was an 80 dollar Zoa colony. It was pretty, but since it's my first tank, I didn't want to kill them and have them melt away. Oh well. My dad found this merulina, which I had never heard of. The guy said it was easy to take care of, so he bagged it up. Then came the Christmas Tree Rock- he said they didn't need to be fed, so we took that. Honestly, I just wanted a little colony of five or six mushrooms that the sell on a rock. Oy vey. They had this little Helfrichi Firefish who was cute, and they just started carrying green mandarins... they were cute. But then I saw this little white spec just kinda floating. It was a little clown that blended in with the black background! He was cute, and I just had to have him. He and Jess are doing pretty well as of now. I have the frags on the sandbed right now, but I'll be moving them up.

I did a little research today and discovered that the meriluna is a vicious little bugger and that the Christmas Tree Rock is an SPS. Oh my. Well, it's worth a shot. Here are some pics! Sorry for the bad quality- no good camera (yet!).

WP_20160221_012_zpshivn21dw.jpg

Jess and Griffin havin' a good time.

WP_20160221_005_zpsgkavrggo.jpg

The new Merulina.

WP_20160221_007_zpshpgxyzfj.jpg

The huge Zoa colony- if you know what variety they are, let me know!

WP_20160221_008_zpslpyacqyw.jpg

The CTR. I have a spot with high flow at the top of the tank picked out for it!

Thanks for stopping by,

Nick

Looks like you found some goodies! Nice finds Nick.
  • 2 weeks later...
Cencalfishguy56

My Zoas are partially closed up....

WP_20160303_008_zpso4w6d4fp.jpg

These are on the false wall- thoughts as to what they are?

WP_20160303_005_zpsfetsprs9.jpg

Thanks,

Nick

Flatworms?, in class trying to not get caught so can't really see lmao
Cencalfishguy56

Hah! I've snuck on in class, too. So do you think Flatworm Exit is in order?

Yea some classes don't care but others have a bitch fit. Lol but I think it's a good solution Just read to make sure your coral Won't be affected and also when you use it depending on how many you have watch ammonia due to die off