Cultivated Reef

Do you dose?

Kingofthejungle

Kingofthejungle

I just wanted to see how many people dose and how many don't, and if you do dose, what do you dose?

Forgot to add this, What type of lighting?

i never dose. i have not tested my nano for ANYTHING but salinity for MONTHS.

my 80g has only been tested for salinity and ammonia in its existance (3 months).

nalbar

I run my kalk reactor 24/7 to maintain pH, alk, and calcium. I get very good growth on my clam and SPS this way and the sides and back of my tank are completely covered in coralline.

I run four 36" VHO's on my tank, that's 380W.

I don't dose anything. Weekly water changes. Tank has been running 8 years. Fish, zooanthids, soft corals.

U.S. Aquarium 25 gal Ultra-Reef

2x32w PC w/fan

Seachem Sea Gel

I do not dose a thing. In the past I dosed with kalk, liquiud calcium and I recall a couple of others things very early on. I have had the nano for over 5 years and do not keep SPS or clams.

• 1 month later...

Here is another question for you guys who do not dose. Do you have any coraline growth without dosing?

For the people who do dose, did you experience coraline growth or burst after dosing?

LOTS of coraline. not as much in the nano because i keep flow way down, but everywhere in the 80. coraline seems to grow on all plastic first. all plastic in the tank is almost half covered in 4 months. i have to scrape it off the front.

nalbar

Archived