Cultivated Reef

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

• 3 weeks later...

What happened ???????????

You didn't fall off the skate board now did you...............................................................................

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sk8n Reefer

Helllooooooo all, the tank is still up and running- not doing great but maintaining.  I haven't added anything and just trying to keep things stable through the summer.  I have a few corals left, purple stylo, shrooms, digi, coralmorphs and all the fish are still doing well- Picasso clowns, Tailspot blenny, possum wrasse and shrimp.  Might be time for some update pics :)

• Like 11
Sk8n Reefer
2 hours ago, spectra said:

Whoa :o look who shows up.......................where have you been?

Hope all is well!

Doing great man! Been here, struggling with a tank in trouble and not dedicating the time to fix it!  I think my lack of maintenance has done the whole thing some good ? At least that's what I am going with!  

• Like 5
Sk8n Reefer
10 hours ago, Nano sapiens said:

I'm betting that you can 'whip it' back into shape! :) 

Devo whip it!.jpg

ha- yes sir- whip it good!  The little coral morphs have popped up everywhere- I have about a dozen of them- feeding them with a tube- small pieces of Mysis and other frozen

• Like 3
Nano sapiens
4 minutes ago, Sk8n Reefer said:

ha- yes sir- whip it good!  The little coral morphs have popped up everywhere- I have about a dozen of them- feeding them with a tube- small pieces of Mysis and other frozen

Good to hear they are not just doing good, but reproducing all over.  What's the maximum size you've seen?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer
2 hours ago, Nano sapiens said:

Good to hear they are not just doing good, but reproducing all over.  What's the maximum size you've seen?

I have one that's is thick and it's body is about the size of a nickel and can spread open to almost a quarter.  Most are about the size of a penny- I know pictures or it never happened ?

• Like 2
Nano sapiens
11 minutes ago, Sk8n Reefer said:

I have one that's is thick and it's body is about the size of a nickel and can spread open to almost a quarter.  Most are about the size of a penny- I know pictures or it never happened ?

Quarter size is a decent size for a hitchhiker 'shroom (whatever it is...).  

I've got my own little mystery HH and it's itty-bitty (3/8" dia.) and I believe Indo-Pacific in origin:

5910fb48cc30c_HHTinyShroom_050817.jpg.23d8445e81dadaa5491113d3a9baeaae.jpg

• Like 6
Sk8n Reefer
19 hours ago, Nano sapiens said:

Quarter size is a decent size for a hitchhiker 'shroom (whatever it is...).  

I've got my own little mystery HH and it's itty-bitty (3/8" dia.) and I believe Indo-Pacific in origin:

5910fb48cc30c_HHTinyShroom_050817.jpg.23d8445e81dadaa5491113d3a9baeaae.jpg

That's it- looks like the larger one I have, the smaller ones tentacles aren't as thick but maybe that changes over time.  I'll try to get some pics up this weekend. Looks like your is out in the open pretty good? Most of mine are in lower light areas

• Like 1
Nano sapiens
7 hours ago, Sk8n Reefer said:

That's it- looks like the larger one I have, the smaller ones tentacles aren't as thick but maybe that changes over time.  I'll try to get some pics up this weekend. Looks like your is out in the open pretty good? Most of mine are in lower light areas

Cool, we might have the same odd mushroom!  Mine is only out in the open light (mostly the 'ramp-up' of blue light) for maybe 2-3 hours until the other 'shrooms completely cover it up.  I feed it twice a week and it seems to be always hungry :)  

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Ok, been a little while.......:D Here's a few update pics- no fish, they all started hiding

Spongoid and Pavona doing well and growing

IMG_3594.thumb.JPG.2f94d859eac4f0a41b14e3f23d0b4b65.JPG

IMG_3596.thumb.JPG.3ef863636c4056e831340ebf2131e9dd.JPG

Next up those little coral morphs- I feed them daily ?

IMG_3591.thumb.JPG.209be45c3f8642884c528cb23ed4ba0c.JPGIMG_3592.thumb.JPG.734be2d0be8262a59f83c2c200b808de.JPGIMG_3595.thumb.JPG.b102a7cb970c3a3e72085332a8c994f5.JPG

And a few shrooms holding it down

IMG_3589.thumb.JPG.fb703463c3f1238d066aeaf02b0c1aea.JPG

Tanks doing better but still struggling, I've gotten back on my maintenance so I am hoping Incan have it looking much better in a few months- I may be ready to add a coral or two then.........sps of coarse ?

Been skating hardcore also so here's a update shot of the backyard- this section I am flying over is new!IMG_2834.thumb.JPG.9396dffb46152cf34dd9a104c5e5edae.JPG

• Like 11
Sk8n Reefer

Can't forget the kids.......Bella and Tank chilling in the Tiki Room......their getting older but still a handful ?IMG_2480.thumb.JPG.a2acb3dc7c9c9dbf848efc9a2da3c895.JPG

Built a little mini ramp in my heated out building too so winter or rain doesn't slow me down ?

IMG_2570.thumb.JPG.f297c53e7d394e0eba79ad505332a209.JPG

• Like 11
Nano sapiens

Gotta love those the little 'shrooms!  Little different to my little HH, I believe.  You'd think that we'd be able to positively ID these things, but just shows there's a whole lot more out there in the ocean than we know about.

Looking forward to some morenice tank pics once things are all spiffy again :) 

• Like 1

Hi Scott, good to hear from ya and glad the tank is still going.  Is it the 50 gallon or did you go back to the 16 gallon?

Lookin' good on the board and that is so cool about your mini indoor skate area.

The kids were looking mighty lazy in your pic, ha ha!

• Like 2