Coral Vue Hydros

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

I tried Rod's and didn't like it. Had some pretty big chunks that my fish didn't even want to look at.

I feed about a cube, cube and a half for both my tanks. But there's only 4 fish total!

Ya, I have to pick the big chunks out for sure.

You guys feed so much more than me! Why am I still getting 10+ nitrate and algae on the sand and rock...blah.

I do hate Rods. I have a whole pack I need to use. Larry's is soooo much better. You can tell Rods is dirty when you defrost it and the water is orange. When you dump it into the tank, there are lots of very very small particles that the fish dont eat. I guess you can say it can broadcast feed corals but most just end up on your sandbed or your filter sock. Larry is much cleaner with even size chunks.

Ya, I've heard great things about Larry's- I haven't been able to find it anywhere locally though ?. Maybe you have food collecting and not getting eaten- I also change out my filter floss at least once a week - most of the time twice a week- it tends to collect a lot of the uneaten flake

I really like your tank!

You rockscape is near perfect, and your room makes it that much better!

Can't wait to see what fish you add to this.

Thank you! The room is fun for sure- scape will change slightly once I start moving a few more rocks and some large coral colonies over from my Nuvo ? thanks for checking things out
  • Like 2

Some shots from yesterday

I found a little broken off piece of season's greeting that made it into the 50. ?

HpffJAc.jpg

8fajl9h.jpg

Setosa is looking better than ever and healing up from neglect on the frag rack in the Nuvo

m6HVMNz.jpg

Spongode is such a pretty coral- really like these shots

pFhTzBN.jpg

jbEEUCG.jpg

Green tip Stylo

NqfpQBY.jpg

Poci frag

nq987d9.jpg

Largest of my Scarlett's

SRmhg3b.jpg

25e657ea772a0f8867b735e800182014_zpsbtne

• Like 9

Yay Colorado tank-twin. :)

Love the scape, and it fits so beautifully in the room. So cool to see this progress! :)

Hahahaha! That's right ? Thank you! Heading back on the road tomorrow but might transfer another smaller coral over today.
  • Like 1

It's really coming along well! I love the little seasons greeting frag - I think little volunteer frags are the best :)

I like that volunteer frag ? that'd be cool to start a tank that way- you wouldn't run out of room as quick

• Like 2

Do you have a picture of the other side? (With the t5s and LEDs)

Let me dig around but I don't think so..........I can snap one later when the lights are off

In Salt Lake City this week. Tough to be away from the tank but my wife is the "reluctant reefer" when I am gone- secretly I know she loves it. She loves to go in and pick out bubble algae and other algae. That works for me ? she still won't commit to her own tank though. She's stepped it up with feeding and dosing the 50gal. until I switch my doser over from the Nuvo. Minor dosing though just to keep Alk. At 7.

I love all the micro life that was growing in my Nuvo -here's a few tube worms that colonize some of the rock I transferred over?

qgxbyzf.jpg

s5MPG3N.jpg

Hermits on the march

NImCrvH.jpg

HywTlVA.jpg

• Like 10

Looks great, really like the arch scape. What's the plan for fish stocking?

Not sure yet. I think I want the goby shrimp pair- I could watch them all day. Possum wrasses are also interesting looking fish but never seen one in person.

Those tube worms are awesome! I have one in my 4g and love it, but it's never multiplied. And the pictures of the hermits marching are great :)

Thanks man- I am digging deep- not much to photograph in this tank yet!
  • Like 4

I enjoyed the tube worms too. My tank used to have lots of those but they are all gone now. I guess my ravenous peppermint shrimp ate them!

Didn't know peppermint would do that. I never had luck with them. I put two in and never saw them after a day. I think my cleaner made quick work of them ?

• Like 2

Didn't know peppermint would do that. I never had luck with them. I put two in and never saw them after a day. I think my cleaner made quick work of them

Ooh yes, sadly the law of the food chain: he who has the biggest mouth eats the mostest, even if it is his tankmates!

• Like 3

Not sure yet. I think I want the goby shrimp pair- I could watch them all day. Possum wrasses are also interesting looking fish but never seen one in person.

I have been going back and forth on a goby shrimp pair myself! But then I am nervous about the shrimp rescaping my tank :)

looking good scott!!! Is the Stellata still in the 16? Are you going to move the spin stream poci into this tank?

• Like 1

I have been going back and forth on a goby shrimp pair myself! But then I am nervous about the shrimp rescaping my tank :)looking good scott!!! Is the Stellata still in the 16? Are you going to move the spin stream poci into this tank?

Ya, I am gonna prepare a wonderful little home for him that he will never want to leave or change ?wishful thinking- their tireless workers. Stellata slowly drindled to nothing- not getting any light. it was trapped under my large green Poci and I couldn't get to it. When I finally fragged the Poci and could reach it - it was to far gone ?. The spin stream Poci will end up in Austin if Evanski still wants it- he asked for it a while back. You could place it in the tank on a rock and it would cover the spin stream in a month- crazy grower

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

i think i saw a possum wrasse at neptunes a few weeks ago. they tend to keep a pretty big fish selection in stock.

• Like 1

i think i saw a possum wrasse at neptunes a few weeks ago. they tend to keep a pretty big fish selection in stock.

Really-I think I'll go and check them out this weekend. It would be nice to see one in person

• Like 1

Ok- finally got one for ya79986fb153279e86e40f44945b138611_zps9plu

That is really nice! I would love one of those for my tank but alas, no $ in the budget for an upgrade, especially when the lights I have are fine.

• Like 1

cool setup!

Cool thanks for stopping by?

That is really nice! I would love one of those for my tank but alas, no $ in the budget for an upgrade, especially when the lights I have are fine.

Yes, it is a nice touch with the T5's - I love how they smooth everything out

• Like 1

Here's some shots from yesterday.

Cleaned the poci out of the birdsnest and moved em over. Seems happy ?

5ugAgXz.jpg

Gave em a temporary location in the middle........this will eventually be an area for my caps

EYhj8fR.jpg

The corals on my frag rack in the Nuvo were barely getting enough light and not doing very well- the 50g seems to be treating them much better

Mango Tango- encrusting monti was almost a goner. Polyps are out and starting to turn things around ? cute little coral

ci3P1z2.jpg

Another frag rack casualty-Setosa almost filled in the void that was in the front

dxFekY6.jpg

This Milli was all but a goner in the Nuvo- it was stuck in back of the big green poci and getting stung constantly and had no PE. Showing signs of life again- hopefully I can turn it around and start coloring it back up. Body was always brown but it had some really nice green colored tips and polyps when I first picked it up. We'll see how it goes

COi8oNV.jpg

The little purple rimmed green cap that broke off when I moved this rock over is almost the size of a real frag

Rr0XtKX.jpg

Poci frags are doing well

KK8LhFz.jpg

pTHBRln.jpg

Really like the black and white shell on this snail and the actually snail is black and white also?

Y9VlsxM.jpg

Rearranged everyone to get a better balance.......this will all change once the transfer is complete

06074595252d675079099c26d2c1e9be_zpsvykj

dc0ae0bd99528ebda8afac9a29aed606_zpsiz3f

ddb50e8ae031eb6e186ecb6c08fef8ee_zpsmpt9

The pool is sad and lonely- I've never let the snow stay this long. The collarbone is healing quick and almost ready. Maybe another month and I can start to skate (slowly) and clean it all out. It's sketchy shoveling it out when it's this full- I have to tie a rope to a tree and throw it in so I can climb out. When the side walls get covered you slip trying to get out ? depends 11ft (that's were I took the sailor dive to my shoulder) and the shallow is still 6ft.

8ad5f67732a3566b35e9d86669675e78_zpsiusg

Smaller section

eb60d3f8369fe987ee9e6b5adca56252_zpsdpzk

• Like 10