SaltCritters.com

A Danish Cube (The Coral-Keep) 124gallon deep sand seeded

Anden

Great looking setup, I'm a big fan of the DSB myself. That's a nice looking clam you have in there as well. What type of sand did you use for DSB?

I used 22 small bags(5kg) of blue treasure dry sand size 3-4-5 and 2 bags of the finest size, and some old sand from my other tanks.

I know the rule is to use the small size sand but i cant in my tanks cus it will clog and blok the gasses from leaving the sand, but this works for me in the past so im hoping it will work in this tank to but time will tell.

In this photo you can see the mixed sized sand, and some of my animals;-) image.jpg1_zpsbi6d4osl.jpg

Here is the rock setup allmost done. image.jpg3_zpsb2wfyj6j.jpg

Everything is coming together nicely. Very nice scooter and scoly. Your scoly has the same colors as mine and similar pattern too. I went with a DSB that's 75% .5mm sized or smaller with some 1mm bahama oolite and 2mm aragonite mixed in. I too am hoping I got the DSB right as I would like for it last for at least 5 years.

I just fund my 4. Clownfish in my old filterbox! Im so happy now the pack is back together again and the fighting has ended.

Cronicreefer: at least 5 years. I was thinking/hoping/Wishing 10 years if i got a good start.

• 3 weeks later...

I was bored so i made frag racks for the new tank.

image.jpg2_zpsqvwb8hpa.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsbc4bq91p.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsvza3pwuj.jpg

Scooter still having its pyjamas on. image.jpg5_zpsmz8xk4xt.jpg

image.jpg10_zps8x86nkzk.jpg

image.jpg11_zpst79ttbmb.jpg

My iPhone is floating in home made box.image.jpg16_zpsmi8zzxjx.jpg

More made and more Photos to come.

• 1 month later...

Archived