Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Danish Cube (The Coral-Keep) 124gallon deep sand seeded

Anden

Oh i forgot.

Wood is beech (bøg in danish) and african okoume (plywood) no iron or metal to hold it together only wood and glued joints, and to day im giving it Oil (walnut).

The tank is 124 gallons or 473 liters, but deep sand bed takes som room so my front after sand will be a cube 27inc * 27inc or 70*70cm.

The 1.foto has cm and inches but i can sit in it no problem.

So i seeded/started the deep sand bed by moving a 10 tank that had a semi deep sand bed to The Coral Keep, i moved som rocks from my 7 other tanks to, so now it is started and i can go on vacation this next weekend for 10days and teach my son to ski, and the tank will be ready for more rock and aquascaping when im back in 2 weeks i hope.

image.jpg2_zpshsgqxbst.jpg

I have all the normal pods and small snails in now and one turbo and a tube anemone i forgot was in the small tank on the rocks i have some green star polyps some zoa's and some xenia and some half dead sps and candy cane.

image.jpg8_zpsc0potjod.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsnfeuipcf.jpg

image.jpg4_zps4g6mzmlr.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsyxrwt122.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsxlaefcs3.jpg

Edit: only the main tank is started the return pumpe is in the mail (i hope) so sump is still emty(i realy hope).

I really love the look of this so far and am excited to see what you do with it.

A couple of questions:

-What is your reason for using mud in the refugium? I like to do this myself and want to use it in at least one future build, but almost no one does it.

-What is your reason behind using a DSB in this? Again, asking because I rarely see anyone do this anymore, and am curious what your thought process is behind it.

-Why do you have your overflow translucent so that the pipes are visible?

Hi.

I want to use mud cus i dont want to ad ca mg or kh other then waterchange, and the mud will ad some trace elements so i donr need big water changes then i can do small Weekly water changes, the DSB i my filter but i only use DSB cus i like the biodeversite that i can only find in a DSB and i have walking Dendros that loves the sand (penut worms that pulls a coral), i can just use and shallow sand bed but then i have to clean it all the time but a DSB never needs cleaning. Allso i have alot of sand in all my 8 tanks just cus i think it looks better.

My Photos are gone but i uploaded new ons but still need to post link

image.jpg31_zpstmn8mmlg.jpg

Il cover the overflow in rocks. Right now i only seeded the DSB no aquascaping is done.

The dimensions of this tank are AWESOME. Following along for so many reasons; the DSB, the dimensions, and because I'm sure it'll be great!

(and Danish! Metric system is the best)

I want to get all i need from local fish pushers and not online but i have a hard time getting ecosystems miracle mud, but i want to get the original "miracle mud" but the mud and DSB will do all same the filtration but the mud will ad more trace elements but the DSB will be a better buffer for ph and so on but all of this is just in my own head and im still trying stuff out in all my tanks.

Walking Dendros and Heterosammia cochlea is the latin name.

• 2 weeks later...

1.fish is in and it is a black blenny and it was free cus we did not know what kind of blenny. But we think it is a "black" Combtooth Blenny (Ecsenius namiyei) but LFS was not sure cus no black blenny's was ordered and only this one got in.

I made sure to but some micro alge rocks in the tank to feed the new fish.

image.jpg3_zpsj3li1xek.jpg

image.jpg2_zps7biqbsmt.jpg

Archived