Innovative Marine Aquariums

pgrVII

Spongodes Monti.

IMG_20190321_152602_938.thumb.jpg.36f426236a1b91c1840607b17231b641.jpg

20190321_152100.thumb.jpg.209d5730fe7cb71e1313bc0e7ca7a1b1.jpgPretty  good growth out of this since February. That base is all new,the frag was a straight stick with a few nubs higher up!

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Those are some old fashioned long skirts!

That they are!

11 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

😊😊🙏

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

As always thanks for all the updates on IG. Tank is really coming together after these years. 😄

No prob. Thanks for the nice light!

• Like 1

So the time has come to maybe add more flow...🤔 

Was considering adding another MP10 on the other side more on the back end of the glass and the current one moved forward a little so between the 2 and the return it should be nice and moving. Plenty of flow.

Some of the clownfish and bta.

I have seen some of these 3D printed nem guard cages for mp10s that look pretty awesome. I dunno about $35+awesome but pretty awesome. Honestly,I only say that cause I will likely need to buy 2 😂.  

Looked at lots of fancy corals this weekend and also found out the other day Jason Fox lives like 30 minutes from where I grew up. So thats pretty sweet.(Not related to the looking at corals this weekend)

But ultimately, decided it would be better to add some more flow to flush out the low flow zones before higher end type corals may or may not come in.

I have seen some of these 3D printed nem guard cages for mp10s that look pretty awesome. I dunno about $35+awesome but pretty awesome. Honestly,I only say that cause I will likely need to buy 2 😂.  

Looked at lots of fancy corals this weekend and also found out the other day Jason Fox lives like 30 minutes from where I grew up. So thats pretty sweet.(Not related to the looking at corals this weekend)

But ultimately, decided it would be better to add some more flow to flush out the low flow zones before higher end type corals may or may not come in.

So when I got my newest coral order in I started adding a small bit(like a pinchish) of phyto plan to the tank 1-2x a day just so theres available food for the coral. I figure the ocean doesnt turn off for them to get food so I'm not shutting the pumps off either, theyve adapted over millions of years to grab food in current. The idea being loading the water column so its kinda always available so to speak. Then right before water change I'll spot feed it. Stuff seems to work good,I noticed an increase in some of the zoas head counts after a week or so. All is anecdotal of course but,just thought I'd share.😊

• Like 1