Cultivated Reef

pgrVII

I figure I should list my light settings. I use the storm controller for the Duo so there is a little math to do in order to get a percent for each channel...

Royal Blue:80%

Violet:80%

Blue/Cyan:80%

Mint:25%

White:0%

Basically,  not quite the SPS+ setting or quite the mixed reef setting from nano box.

😎

Also,random pic of the cleaner shrimp.

20190225_175935.thumb.jpg.d5170d8d98b321877d29144a24f35170.jpg

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty
3 hours ago, pgrVII said:

I figure I should list my light settings. I use the storm controller for the Duo so there is a little math to do in order to get a percent for each channel...

Royal Blue:80%

Violet:80%

Blue/Cyan:80%

Mint:25%

White:0%

Basically,  not quite the SPS+ setting or quite the mixed reef setting from nano box.

😎

Also,random pic of the cleaner shrimp.

20190225_175935.thumb.jpg.d5170d8d98b321877d29144a24f35170.jpg

those guys are so cute!

• Like 1

The new parts for the return will be delivered today,so I can finally run a quiet tank and smooth tank again...I hope...😆

In the mean time,looks like a pod and phyto are definitely in the works this week.

• Like 1

I also this morning,did a weekly remeasuring of my lights over the tank. I tend to bump and move them when working on the tank so I try to remeasure them so they are a consistent height and centered. 🎯☀️

20190226_101132.thumb.jpg.f9ad8f6f8cc4990e325454a9d34d85cf.jpgHave this soaking in vinegar. Considering using this on the side with my sps,will break the flow up some more,still pushing out over them,but a bit more randomized and gentler too. I've had these since the old nano cube 28 days! Wish I had more pics of that thing,I think it had a thread on here even. Had a big ass LTA in it that shadowed everything when it expanded.

Ok so pump is in,set to lowest setting cause it really really pulls some water,so gotta run out to pick up some water real quick and balance it out. But man,this thing is so quiet. The only noise(know on wood) is occasionally you ca  hear the mp10 winding up and the fans in the nano box. But,both are mostly when right next to the tank,so. Was lucky and was able to eyeball the lengths of tube on the 1st try😆

So far pretty happy with the purchase. The only thing I'd say is the controller be a little better in terms of straight forward operating. The wattage adjuster also correlates with the pump intensity when dialing it,would be better to have them seperate for more options,unless my controller is indeed screwy lol. But overall happy and think the pump is great.

20190226_122322.jpg

• Like 3

I was sitting here looking at pics of corals and the different opinions on what way to dial LEDs and thought,Im kinda glad I have a storm controller on the tank,when I had the BlueFish I felt like I was always messing with it cause it was sooooo darn easy. But the storm box is more involved so it generally is left alone. Less is more.😁

• Haha 1

You know,I kinda feel like the goon went through a cocoon of issues and the uglies,some because of just sheet bad husbandry and some letting the tank season itself so to speak. I like the direction it's headed.

New heater came today,tank had been running on the cool side of 72-74° or so since the Finnex started to act up. The Neotherm had it to 76° pretty reasonably. Havent seen the light come on all that much to indicate many cold pockets or evening the heat out so to speak. Like the overall design of it too,low profile in my filter section, blends right in.