Coral Vue Hydros

pgrVII

Had been toying around with the idea of putting the skimmer back in,but,really it has been fine without it. Its really cause I was sitting around looking at the tank all weekend 😆

Did my typical (now daily) maintenance,siphon out and algae/nasty stuff,use the feeding tongs to stir the sandbed,then comb it smooth. As well as blow the rocks clean.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

Ive never used a skimmer

Yea Im not gonna either doesnt seem necessary.

8 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

How's the Liam Cloves?

Is the orange pretty bright? 

I've been thinking of getting some for the new tank.......

I like em ok,it is decently orange I'd say. They had a special they were like 2.99 so I figured why not?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Yea Im not gonna either doesnt seem necessary.

I like em ok,it is decently orange I'd say. They had a special they were like 2.99 so I figured why not?

Better than GSP? 

Just now, jack1978 said:

Better than GSP? 

I would say yes? But,thats also coming from someone who hasnt kept GSP,I dont like the stuff. But this seems ok so far,color is cool and different for sure. And I'm trying to do a mixed reef for sure.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

leptastrea... thats my recommendation

These are spitfirenor some other stupid name. Orange with speckles of green and a red/purple fringe.

20190210_170653.jpg

Oh yea thats pretty cool looking. Thanks for the recommendation. 

I will probably do a nice brain coral next and some more zoa and paly frags to add to that rock while everything grows in hopefully.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, righttirefire said:

What are you running for filter and media? Dont you want the flow in that back chamber less to "work" and let the mp10 handle the flow

I dont run anything but chemipure blue and floss in the intakes other than that its bare in the chambers. I like the idea of being able to pause the return when doing a daily  cleaning, but,also the idea of a good wave surge to help blow stuff off the rocks etc should be pretty awesome. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, pgrVII said:

So I am looking for an IM mighty jet 326 pump to uprgrade the flow in the tank.

The MP10 is obviously awesome,but the added control to dial the return flow is👌

I'm doing the same ..... I heard the larger 500 something will also fit the Goon.  Only $10 more.......

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I'm doing the same ..... I heard the larger 500 something will also fit the Goon.  Only $10 more.......

Yea I thought about that,but i dont need that much filter turn over,the MP10 does a great job moving the tank water around as you well know cause you run em too sir Jack.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks
On 2/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, pgrVII said:

So nothing new really,swapped the chemipure out for fresh today and got a cool sticker from @NanoRox 😎🤙

IMG_20190211_193936_179.thumb.jpg.917c9c4dbddc3ce24d745319daa22867.jpg

A Nano-Reef.com sticker would look nice there, send me a PM and I'll mail you one 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1