inTank Media Baskets

pgrVII

20180201_194656.thumb.jpg.c31158380bb2da1aefe97a93fe09c38e.jpg20180201_194717.thumb.jpg.824d87fab4e681cac5d89970e3b408f9.jpgSo,the left most big rock on the FTS has been growing algae. Not terrible,but some kinda hairish stuff. Its one of the original rocks in the tank along with the rock Audrey III is on. I was thinking of removing the algae rock and replacing it with the structure i built this evening. The other rocks have been in since Christmas and the rubble piles are mostly original rocks from the start of the tank. Trying to decide if the biofilter is old and robust enough to deal with a swap out safely.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Looking great! Those mint LEDs are the bomb! 

I see Mama Clown still poses in the rock arch for pictures. Does she hang out in the nem too? 

Thanks Teeny,its quite slow so far but,good (knock on wood) ?

She has been hovering around it and occasionally flicking it. She used to use nems before the overhaul happened so hopefully in due time.

Yes! I like running the mints too. They tie together nicely,like the dudes rug.

• Like 1
On 2/5/2018 at 4:10 PM, pgrVII said:

FTS #43

Apparently,Audrey III wanted to be front and center...where I tried to place her when she first showed up ??

20180205_153507.thumb.jpg.0be6c28dfac84ce2cf01ac3eb6b6e18c.jpg

Someday I'll try another nem, but I've never had any luck getting them to stay in a good place. I'm so jealous of the anemone whisperers. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Someday I'll try another nem, but I've never had any luck getting them to stay in a good place. I'm so jealous of the anemone whisperers. 

Yea but your tanks are so nice looking teeny your sps skills be awesome!!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

FTS #45

20180207_183614.thumb.jpg.9177daebf3bcd6cc67da0c3898a6439f.jpg

Did the weekly 5 gallon water change. Skimmer has been acting up so I removed it.

looks so clean. I haven't been on nr lately so forgive me if you said it already but what are your choices on corals and in which areas?

Other than that, howve you been?  Those duck calls you sent me were worth it.  I only got out once this year on thanksgiving morning but I got a nice hen.  Cooked it up for sasha,our black lab because it was a diver. My brother got out a little more than me and got a few and his first goose.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

looks so clean. I haven't been on nr lately so forgive me if you said it already but what are your choices on corals and in which areas?

Other than that, howve you been?  Those duck calls you sent me were worth it.  I only got out once this year on thanksgiving morning but I got a nice hen.  Cooked it up for sasha,our black lab because it was a diver. My brother got out a little more than me and got a few and his first goose.  

Thats awesome man! Glad they worked for ya.  And glad Sasha got something extra ?

I dunno i kinda planned it with a previous scape so im kinda winging it.

• Like 1