Cultivated Reef

pgrVII

My son really like the conure he seen once. Smart bird, and likes (craves?) human interaction. He was behind some glass, but you could tell he wanted to play. But, since they aren’t supposed to be caged for long periods, where do they “evacuate”? Are they potty trained to go only in the cage, or do you end up with white spots everywhere in your home?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, xthunt said:

My son really like the conure he seen once. Smart bird, and likes (craves?) human interaction. He was behind some glass, but you could tell he wanted to play. But, since they aren’t supposed to be caged for long periods, where do they “evacuate”? Are they potty trained to go only in the cage, or do you end up with white spots everywhere in your home?

They kinda pick spots from what I've gathered,today we had the cage open for about 5 total hours as he got used to our house. He left my significant others hand and went to a perch in his cage to evacuate then came back to her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

They kinda pick spots from what I've gathered,today we had the cage open for about 5 total hours as he got used to our house. He left my significant others hand and went to a perch in his cage to evacuate then came back to her.

So at least its potty trained...............maybe..............

• Haha 1

So the time has come to shut the Goon down. I have enjoyed keeping salt the past 6-7 years now and the people Ive met here through it. But,I have moved into keeping other exotics and,we have less time then an aquarium trully needs that I wanna give it. 

If anyone is interested I will be selling some decent equipment for pretty decent prices here soon. So keep peeled for: Nanobox duo,Eshopps nano skimmer(8 months old?) Innovative marine dc mini,ato smart micro etc

Here's in the meantime what I have been up too...wjsbwbe.jpg.defca85cee3ea98821c84704753cd98e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
  • Wow 3

Genuinely sad to hear about the end of the 'Goon, but damn... that is probably the most beautiful spider I have ever seen. Kudos to you sir. Wonderful specimen. 👍🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Genuinely sad to hear about the end of the 'Goon, but damn... that is probably the most beautiful spider I have ever seen. Kudos to you sir. Wonderful specimen. 👍🙏

Thank you,yea it just feels like a good time to shut it down. And that isnt actually mine,but,I just purchased a 4" female from a great online vendor so it should be very similar. I have a few others too

20191028_105624.thumb.jpg.2030f28973420133c108e49ad6de82c0.jpg

B.hamorii 

20191121_155750.thumb.jpg.3671b173f8b40b4e311ef4378e8b8422.jpg

A.avicularia

20191121_153811.thumb.jpg.0250dd2ed835dad64785ae768b616fe5.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

So Im gonna be selling some stuffs pretty cheap,just trying to get a gauge of interest on here before posting them officially...

Nanobox duo 2017 I do believe with a storm controller that has 5 channel control(mint is seperate than the other white channel)

Eshopps nano skimmer about 7 months old

IM dc mini pump,1 year old or so,maybe less.

Ecotech mp10 blue box with anemone guard and original box with dressings

Anyone need these things?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Dang, sorry you're taking it down. Good luck with the sale, though! 

Yea it is just time,thanks buddy. 😊 if we move to a new house down the road I could see doing a peacock mantis tank or something.  How are you doing dude?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Yea it is just time,thanks buddy. 😊 if we move to a new house down the road I could see doing a peacock mantis tank or something.  How are you doing dude?

I'm well, thanks for asking! 

A peacock mantis tank would be so cool 😎 

Just now, teenyreef said:

I'm well, thanks for asking! 

A peacock mantis tank would be so cool 😎 

Im glad to hear that,and you're very welcome buddy. Yea I gotta find a good home for Jables in the meantime. 🤔

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, spectra said:

So what happened to the livestock ?

Sorry to see it go...................

Thanks buddy. Theres some coral frags here and there but it is really just a cleanup crew an orange spot mantis shrimp and my clownfish

1 minute ago, pgrVII said:

Thanks buddy. Theres some coral frags here and there but it is really just a cleanup crew an orange spot mantis shrimp and my clownfish

Ok cool good to hear Jables is still kickin..............I have a tiny one in my sump as doesnt need to be in general population.........

7 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ok cool good to hear Jables is still kickin..............I have a tiny one in my sump as doesnt need to be in general population.........

😂 yea Jables is savage but leaves the fish alone.

What kind do you have?

8 hours ago, pgrVII said:

😂 yea Jables is savage but leaves the fish alone.

What kind do you have?

Not even sure was a small one that came in on some LR. Was in a smaller tank and took it down so into the refugium section with LR and snails it went. I see it every so often when I drop a little food in there. Its maybe 1 1/2 long and has a hard time with bigger snails......

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Damnit.

See you posting and then you're gone again!  WTF, PGR?!?!? 

No worries buddy I will still stop in to check in,plus theres always the instagrams. How you doing sir?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

No worries buddy I will still stop in to check in,plus theres always the instagrams. How you doing sir?

Doing good man.  Still my usual long running list of unfinished projects.  Trying to start an addition on the house ...... CA codes make that fun. 

You good?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Doing good man.  Still my usual long running list of unfinished projects.  Trying to start an addition on the house ...... CA codes make that fun. 

You good?

Took a few years but I'm glad to see the ball rolling on the patback wing. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Oh, I finished your living quarters a few years ago ...... even has a loft!!

-You chose not to move out

28 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

You good?

Yea I cant complain buddy,same ol same ol really. Started keeping tarantulas 😂 but thats about it really. Oh I'm sure thats fun with the codes and whatnots🙄 Im the worst at building stuff I caveman everything and get super mad😂😂

28 minutes ago, patback said:

😂😂 how you doing man?