SaltCritters.com

pgrVII

@patback 

You were asking about sleeping habits,Dragonpig did this tonight as soon as lights out went down. 20190725_210603.thumb.jpg.c74b759538c34819955f3a8ae7517f44.jpg

It was really cool to watch.

I kinda suspect his activity level will increase tomorrow after I put the new lights in.🐲🐖😎

• Like 3

So far I'm rather impressed with this skimmer. It started skimming right away. No micro bubbles are detected,I removed the foam didnt want to have to clean it and it doesnt seem to be an issue. Also, required no jankin around to fit it,just dropped right in and requires slight movements of the magnet to adjust. Very high quality so far. A+

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On 7/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, pgrVII said:

New T5 lights from Arcadia, 36" 12%uvb and a 6.5 daylight. 🐲🐖😎

IMG_20190726_142528_161.thumb.jpg.ed5aa23f342dd17bef3144791071d80c.jpg

20190726_151742.thumb.jpg.9881463ef94660a4bc14e9c53f5cb334.jpg

20190726_161056.thumb.jpg.7cad8bfb9b64ea70036f3ed78c8180e0.jpg

Dragonpig is looking happy 😁

• Thanks 1

Updates on the tank.

Did a 5 gallon water change as I think it's been close to a month since my last one.(?)🤔

Had to siphon out a bit of cyano mostly around Jables house which is kinda expected. He made a roof access to his caves and I put the siphon tube in it to pull gunk out at water change time,he sits and just looks totally floored I'm doing that. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Also,after doing a water change,the skimmer remained consistent in its skimming. Definitely a noteworthy accomplishment for a nano skimmer.

Even my big skimmer... every time I would shut it off and back on without even cleaning it, I would have to reset it again so that it wouldnt just spew water out the top.  It took maybe a year for it to stop doing that.  

Everything is looking good in here. 🙂 I'm liking the zoa garden. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, patback said:

Even my big skimmer... every time I would shut it off and back on without even cleaning it, I would have to reset it again so that it wouldnt just spew water out the top.  It took maybe a year for it to stop doing that.  

Everything is looking good in here. 🙂 I'm liking the zoa garden. 

Thank you man, yea it's pretty impressive(the skimmer). I've had pretty good luck with skimmers over the years but this one is by far top notch Ive used. True plug and play.

Yea the Zoas are takin off nicely.

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

Looking good, really like your rockwork. Beardie looks content too. Thats a bioactive terrarium? I still have a couple herpstats, heat panel and a misting system I was using for my old boa. Was thinking about putting together a crested gecko tank but its more likely that ill just sell it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Looking good, really like your rockwork. Beardie looks content too. Thats a bioactive terrarium? I still have a couple herpstats, heat panel and a misting system I was using for my old boa. Was thinking about putting together a crested gecko tank but its more likely that ill just sell it all. 

Thank you. Yes its a bioactive setup,I actually have more cleaners coming this week for it. 😊

Oh yea? Thats a decent list of gear.😁 a crested tank would be super cool...🦎

Yes, the rocks ended up settling good I thought too. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

haha nice. What made you decide on a bird?

It was returned to my work and when it was in the first time it took a liking to my significant other so when it came back in,she was really excited so my boss cut me a good adoption deal on it. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

It was returned to my work and when it was in the first time it took a liking to my significant other so when it came back in,she was really excited so my boss cut me a good adoption deal on it. 

Can't go wrong with that 😀. What kind of bird is it? Not very good with bird IDs 

• Like 1

Congrats on the bird! I wanted one for a while but I watched my neighbors for a week and decided it wasn’t for me. They are a lot of work. And bite hard XD 

Then again I did have a clownfish that broke my skin once.. 

whats its name? 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Can't go wrong with that 😀. What kind of bird is it? Not very good with bird IDs 

All good Im totally new to birds, it is a Black Capped Conure. 🐦

1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Congrats on the bird! I wanted one for a while but I watched my neighbors for a week and decided it wasn’t for me. They are a lot of work. And bite hard XD 

whats its name? 

Havent picked a name yet still mulling it over🤔🤔

Yes! Lol they have quite a pinch!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, spectra said:

You starting a zoo :unsure:

Close!😆😆😆

1 hour ago, Elizabeth94 said:

whats its name? 

Edit:We went with Charlie.

• Like 3