Cultivated Reef

pgrVII

I will say though,I will really enjoy going back to once a month 5 gallon changes. If I wasn't such a lazy ass I could probably do them 2x month and really have this tank rocking.

• Like 1

So far everything survived (knock on wood),and is clear and settled.

The skimmer was the only fitment issue I had but it bits really nice in the skimmer/reactor column if you take the bracket off it,sits snug enough to hold its place ,but still can be moved up or down to adjust it if needed.

The sicce 1.5 was cleaned and put in place of the stock pump = lots o flow,which leads me to think I will probably not need anymore than an rw4 for added turbulence.

I will probably add the Hydor water deflectors too later today. Great little things I've had the same ones since the cube.

• Like 1

I was planning on upgrading my return pump but I have two RW-4's...and they already provide a -lot- of flow. lol

Yea lol I'm pretty damn sure I almost had a gyre going with the sicce wide open. I have a Hydor 240 on the back wall too jist not plugged in as I figured I'd let everyone relax and chill out this morning. I think an rw4 will add what I need for random pushes of current mixed into the returns steady flow.

I like the Jebao also cause I can discretely mount it to the back of the tank and angle it diagonal across the tank to really stir things up

That's ok. More LPS for us :lol:.

I agree. :)

I've never really been to much on planning corals anyways,I've just been like oh hey that looks cool,can I house it successfully? Ok,bag it! Haha

• Like 3

I agree. :)

I've never really been to much on planning corals anyways,I've just been like oh hey that looks cool,can I house it successfully? Ok,bag it! Haha

LOL...I do both. I'll plan. But then I'll walk into the LFS with something in mind and come out with something else. Case in point...yesterday :). Went for acans and came home with a leather LOL. I just couldn't pass up that leather though. It reminded me of the one I had years ago.
  • Like 1

LOL...I do both. I'll plan. But then I'll walk into the LFS with something in mind and come out with something else. Case in point...yesterday :). Went for acans and came home with a leather LOL. I just couldn't pass up that leather though. It reminded me of the one I had years ago.

It was a yellow fiji if I remember correctly?
  • Like 1

It was a yellow fiji if I remember correctly?

Yep :). It actually wasn't yesterday it was Monday. Seems to be doing well. I never had an issue with my first one but apparently they are difficult? I read that yesterday and was surprised. I hope this one does well for me :).
  • Like 1

Yep :). It actually wasn't yesterday it was Monday. Seems to be doing well. I never had an issue with my first one but apparently they are difficult? I read that yesterday and was surprised. I hope this one does well for me :).

Isn't it funny the things you learn after the fact lol? Things that are difficult or so you are told and you're like,oh what? I've had one of those,easiest darn inhabitant in my tank. For me I think it's anemones,mostly bubble tips,I had my king goblin survive when the tank went down hill,it bleached out....months ago...now is coloring up again,and growing. But,i'll buy a rock of mushrooms and kill them all.
  • Like 2

Isn't it funny the things you learn after the fact lol? Things that are difficult or so you are told and you're like,oh what? I've had one of those,easiest darn inhabitant in my tank. For me I think it's anemones,mostly bubble tips,I had my king goblin survive when the tank went down hill,it bleached out....months ago...now is coloring up again,and growing. But,i'll buy a rock of mushrooms and kill them all.

Totally! They also had a gorgeous pink and green cabbage leather coral. Thought about that as well but passed on it. Went home and read they need almost the same requirements as the fiji leather as far as light and flow, which I wouldn't have been able to provide it. But..had one in the past that did well without high light and flow. So who knows LOL. That's fantastic about your king goblin. Is it in this tank yet? Or are you waiting to place it?
  • Like 1

They had a nice yellow leather type of coral the other day in the 10 dollar rack that the guy said turns a neon green as it gets bigger. I was worried about all the aleopathy stories I've heard about leathers and basically anything else in close proximity. I run zero filtration so thought it to be a bad idea but I did really want it

• Like 2

They had a nice yellow leather type of coral the other day in the 10 dollar rack that the guy said turns a neon green as it gets bigger. I was worried about all the aleopathy stories I've heard about leathers and basically anything else in close proximity. I run zero filtration so thought it to be a bad idea but I did really want it

Just throw some carbon or the like in a small bag someplace. Doneski :D
  • Like 2

Shoulda bought it :).
  • Like 2

Totally! They also had a gorgeous pink and green cabbage leather coral. Thought about that as well but passed on it. Went home and read they need almost the same requirements as the fiji leather as far as light and flow, which I wouldn't have been able to provide it. But..had one in the past that did well without high light and flow. So who knows LOL. That's fantastic about your king goblin. Is it in this tank yet? Or are you waiting to place it?

Nope everything went in last night and is so far looking the same as in the 40(knock on wood) it's anchored at the base of the left rock structure.

Well some people just have a way about their care I think that gives em an edge ;)

• Like 1

Nothing quite like the cleanliness of a brand new tank and some good looking clowns in it. Looking good patrick!

There is something nice about it. Crisp like a new $20 bill. Thanks Patty my friend. I think this may be my best one yet,namely because I immediately liked the rock work.

Also,side note about my clowns (Big Mama and Q). I've had them since my first tank about 3 years ago,they've been in my 10 gallon with no live rock,just some resin fake rock,my nano cube,the breeder,and now the goon. I was even considering just them in the tank alone as fish.

• Like 2

Nope. Too much anticipation for this tank to JUST have Clowns. :)

Well you'll be happy to know my sixline wrasse and ruby red dragonet are in to mix too,along with my huge cleaner shrimp and big ass serpent star.
  • Like 2