SaltCritters.com

pgrVII

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:37 AM, pgrVII said:

So when I got my newest coral order in I started adding a small bit(like a pinchish) of phyto plan to the tank 1-2x a day just so theres available food for the coral. I figure the ocean doesnt turn off for them to get food so I'm not shutting the pumps off either, theyve adapted over millions of years to grab food in current. The idea being loading the water column so its kinda always available so to speak. Then right before water change I'll spot feed it. Stuff seems to work good,I noticed an increase in some of the zoas head counts after a week or so. All is anecdotal of course but,just thought I'd share.😊

Wow, I just read quite a few pages lol. Your tank looks really good :smilie:. I do the same when I feed, I actually put the food right in front of the pump and let it blow all around the tank.. this way everyone gets a something. I think it works pretty good.

Keep up the good work on this thing.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Wow, I just read quite a few pages lol. Your tank looks really good :smilie:. I do the same when I feed, I actually put the food right in front of the pump and let it blow all around the tank.. this way everyone gets a something. I think it works pretty good.

Keep up the good work on this thing.

Hey thanks! Much appreciated. 😊

Yea same I mix it by drawing it in the turkey baster then let it rip in front of my mp10. Seems to work.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Hey thanks! Much appreciated. 😊

Yea same I mix it by drawing it in the turkey baster then let it rip in front of my mp10. Seems to work.

I have the aqamai wave maker and I just realized if you hit a button on the head unit it shuts the pump down for like 10 mins...I just found this out like a week ago and I've had the pump for 4 months lol. I usually do the same as you, spot feed the day before a water change.

• Haha 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have the aqamai wave maker and I just realized if you hit a button on the head unit it shuts the pump down for like 10 mins...I just found this out like a week ago and I've had the pump for 4 months lol. I usually do the same as you, spot feed the day before a water change.

Thats whats up,the aquamai are nice from what I gather! Yes the pause is a nice feature to have especially for pics and the like!

• Like 1

Weekend guitar 

Also went to Fintastic Aquariums in Frederick,Md today and got a frag and some free algaen blend since it was towards the end of the supply. Highly recommend visiting them, great staff,prices are good and they have a large selection of coral,fish,inverts and even some various macros it appeared. To be honest I just looked at coral as Im not much on fish for this tank.

• Like 3

Ordered up the best filter floss in the world over @inTank and some chemipure blue along with a new media rack shelf cause I lost mine of course...😎🔥

Always a pleasure dealin with Stevie T.

• Like 1

Did a 5 gallon water change today,also scraped off the back wall with the blue side of the the extra floss trimmings cause it works really well for that.