Coral Vue Hydros

pgrVII

So tracking said tank will be here next Wednesday. The skimmer was back ordered and was told they don't know when a shipment was next in so I'm going to order elsewhere.

Still debating on sand, eveytime I do a tank I quasi regret not trying black sand. Not a very deep bed at all just enough to cover the bottom.

• Like 4

Loooooooooove my 25 Lagoon going to be following. :)

I'm rocking Tropic Eden reefflakes and love it. Nice and heavy so stands up to flow. No black though if you want to go that way.

• Like 1

Should have grabbed the 50 :lol: You know you will want to go bigger.........

Should have maybe,but,thing was pricey to ship and setup with all the equipment i woulda had to buy.
  • Like 1

So tracking said tank will be here next Wednesday. The skimmer was back ordered and was told they don't know when a shipment was next in so I'm going to order elsewhere.

Still debating on sand, eveytime I do a tank I quasi regret not trying black sand. Not a very deep bed at all just enough to cover the bottom.

I'm trying something different with sand with the move of my tank..... Grey. I've had white, and I've had black and liked both but wanted to do something a little different lol

• Like 1

I'm trying something different with sand with the move of my tank..... Grey. I've had white, and I've had black and liked both but wanted to do something a little different lol

Hey chris! Nice to see ya man. Grey actually sounds good too now....dammit lol

Black sand shows every spec of debris. It's beautiful as long as you like to vacuum. Maybe try black starboard?

I considered this,where does one get it,also isn't it kinda pricey?

http://www.cuttingboardcompany.com/1-2-thick-black-cutting-board/#ProductReviews

This is where I got mine. It wasn't that expensive IMO.

Thanks slowtwitch,that does look nice. Honestly I'll probably just go with a small bag of dry sand at lfs as its cheap and here lol I don't see the point of live sand since I have all the rocks from old tank,actually,should probably scrub them down in the tank today after work and do a water change
  • Like 1

Should have maybe,but,thing was pricey to ship and setup with all the equipment i woulda had to buy.

I have a local fish store who stocks a lot of the IM stuff and I almost had him order it as there was no shipping charge on it. The 25 does look sweet though you will like it!

• Like 1

I have a local fish store who stocks a lot of the IM stuff and I almost had him order it as there was no shipping charge on it. The 25 does look sweet though you will like it!

I thought so too. Ultimately, I will do an Sr tank for the big one. But for now,this one is easier to manage and what not for me.
  • Like 1

I loved the black sand in my old tank I just wish my grain wasn't so big. Over a year and a half later I am still finding big chunks of black Rock in my room. :D.

Black sand was a phase I went through and now that it is out of my system I love a nice white sand with maybe a hue of pink.

• Like 3

I loved the black sand in my old tank I just wish my grain wasn't so big. Over a year and a half later I am still finding big chunks of black Rock in my room. :D.

Black sand was a phase I went through and now that it is out of my system I love a nice white sand with maybe a hue of pink.

Yea the 40 b tank has a little Fiji pink m mixed with white. Plain ol sand looks nice.
  • Like 2

Ok so,I just realized while thinking about skimmers that when I had my nano cube I had this wonderful little reef octopus nano skimmer,and it looks like it will fit in the main big return chamber of the aio.

So I ordered it :) beast little skimmer,the only downside is its sensitive to water levels a bit,good thing I'll be getting an ato ordered friday

• Like 2

Ok so,I just realized while thinking about skimmers that when I had my nano cube I had this wonderful little reef octopus nano skimmer,and it looks like it will fit in the main big return chamber of the aio.

So I ordered it :) beast little skimmer,the only downside is its sensitive to water levels a bit,good thing I'll be getting an ato ordered Friday

What ATO are you going to run? Also are you building a stand or getting a IM one?

I vote white sand :)

• Like 1

What ATO are you going to run? Also are you building a stand or getting a IM one?

I vote white sand :)

No I have a huge industrial metal desk my 40 sits on now I'll use as its got huge drawers and lots of them and 2 slide out trays. White sand it will be also ;)

The ato will be the new smart ato micro out of a 5 gallon bucket kept under the desk out of sight.

• Like 4

This sounds interesting! Following along.

Thanks! We will see how it goes.

I wonder why the nano reef octopus never caught on ? I don't think anyone even knows about it. In my exp a sexy lookin skimmer and works well

Marc.The.Shark

Thanks! We will see how it goes.

I wonder why the nano reef octopus never caught on ? I don't think anyone even knows about it. In my exp a sexy lookin skimmer and works well

I'm looking for.a skimmer for my new build, saw that Reef Octopus, but don't know much about it. I'm leaning towards the Coral Box S150 right now. I need something I can drain to an outside container & for $60 bucks it looks like a winner.
  • Like 1

I'm looking for.a skimmer for my new build, saw that Reef Octopus, but don't know much about it. I'm leaning towards the Coral Box S150 right now. I need something I can drain to an outside container & for $60 bucks it looks like a winner.

The octopus I bought has a drain from the collection cup you can use. I never did,but it will just take some air line tubing to do so by the size of the drain.

Mine micro bubbled for a few weeks or so then cleaned up,also,it's pretty quiet,but even better with a twist valve on the air line.