ReefCleaners.org

pgrVII

So I was thinking over the water fall idea and remembered that I have the original reef octopus body and pipes in a box. The out put of the little pump on it is pretty mellow,so I could run the return pipe into the rock work that's exposed....hmmm

• Like 2

Will you just clean off the rocks regularly during water changes to keep up on the salt creep for your waterfall?

Honestly, I'll prob spray it down when I mist the mangroves with fresh water just scrub when needed :)
  • Like 2

Ups says the tank arrived at a hub 45 minutes away this morning. So may be here a bit earlier than wed....maybe.

Holy cow.....can you just drive and pick it up?

I'd be going crazy with it that close :^ )

• Like 4

The ato will be the new smart ato micro out of a 5 gallon bucket kept under the desk out of sight.

This is on my list of items to purchase! I have the original Smart ATO and love it but the mini size would be so much better :).

Lots of exciting things happening in here :happydance:.

• Like 2

This is on my list of items to purchase! I have the original Smart ATO and love it but the mini size would be so much better :).

Lots of exciting things happening in here :happydance:.

Yea the micro looks nice and easy to use. Especially in the new tank limited spaces.

I just stopped over your thread looking fabulous aw usual :)

• Like 1

Yea the micro looks nice and easy to use. Especially in the new tank limited spaces.

I just stopped over your thread looking fabulous aw usual :)

Thank you!

Yeah I love the Smart ATO. Super simple to use. Only downside is I have to keep my water level low in the tank because of the rim on the tank and the bulky size of the ATO. I should be able to significantly raise the level of the water with the micro version :).

• Like 1

Thank you!

Yeah I love the Smart ATO. Super simple to use. Only downside is I have to keep my water level low in the tank because of the rim on the tank and the bulky size of the ATO. I should be able to significantly raise the level of the water with the micro version :).

That's a good point with the rim! Didn't think about that,luckily the new tank doesn't have one. I'm just hoping the skimmer fits :P
  • Like 1

That's a good point with the rim! Didn't think about that,luckily the new tank doesn't have one. I'm just hoping the skimmer fits :P

I hope it fits! I don't even use a skimmer but haven't had a need for one at all with my tank. I have a lot of fish, and don't skimp on feeding, but the thing stays amazingly clean!!!! Dare I say it's the easiest tank I've ever had???? (knock on wood) :D.
  • Like 4

I hope it fits! I don't even use a skimmer but haven't had a need for one at all with my tank. I have a lot of fish, and don't skimp on feeding, but the thing stays amazingly clean!!!! Dare I say it's the easiest tank I've ever had???? (knock on wood) :D.

That's awesome! My 40 has no skimmer just a big ass reactor with carbon and high capacity gfo. Hopefully the next tank will just require monthly 5 gallon changes along with running a light skimmer and chemipure blue 5.5 oz.

Gotta love an easy tank,think years of exp have broke on through with your current tank Gena? ;)

• Like 1

That's awesome! My 40 has no skimmer just a big ass reactor with carbon and high capacity gfo. Hopefully the next tank will just require monthly 5 gallon changes along with running a light skimmer and chemipure blue 5.5 oz.

Gotta love an easy tank,think years of exp have broke on through with your current tank Gena? ;)

Maybe :). I'm pretty vigilant with my tank and never miss a water change so I'm sure that helps. I think we get out of it what we put into it :).
  • Like 1

Maybe :). I'm pretty vigilant with my tank and never miss a water change so I'm sure that helps. I think we get out of it what we put into it :).

Well said gena well said

• Like 1

Ok, so for whatever reason ups decided my tank can sit longer for delivery.

In the mean time,I got my skimmer in,so that's in the 40 breaking in as we speak. Love that little skimmer. :)

Also,made some salt to have for the new tank,and bought 10 gallons of boxed,because, well it's tradition and I'm lazy. Also a bottle of bio spira to add in to help the tank transition.

• Like 2

I don't think I've told you yet, and it has nothing to do with the thread. But that is one powerful beard you got goin on there... currently trying to get mine up to par with yours but doubt the boss will let get away with anything more than I already have. :angry: Anyways still can't wait to see what you do with this.

And what was UPS' excuse? " We have it here but are just going to hold on to it until shipping fees/time frame has been met in full."

• Like 1

I don't think I've told you yet, and it has nothing to do with the thread. But that is one powerful beard you got goin on there... currently trying to get mine up to par with yours but doubt the boss will let get away with anything more than I already have. :angry: Anyways still can't wait to see what you do with this.

And what was UPS' excuse? " We have it here but are just going to hold on to it until shipping fees/time frame has been met in full."

Thanks man. It's about 2 months worth so of growth I suppose. This is when I finally consider myself bearded lol.

Hopefully she will consider it growing out for ya ;)

Yea I don't know what the deal is...dicks.

• Like 1

20160104_120943_zpsromlsknh.jpg

The greatest little skimmer you probably never heard of.

I really wish this would fit in my IM10 but nothing fits there but the IM desktop ghost...which is NOT the greatest skimmer you've never heard of.

• Like 1