ReefCleaners.org

Lawnman's Red Sea Reefer 170

Lawnman

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tank 9 weeks old.. thread 2 weeks old.. you gots some 'splainin to do meester. Not like you no has time. No snow.. and no grass grow. Moar updates k thanks.

Bravo sir ! Very nice indeed . Who needs stinkin SPS anyway ! :)

Gorg's always were tough for me back in the day. Havent tried any lately. Never did good for me because they were non-photosynthetic , and had to be feed well to keep them alive. How are yours doing as time goes on ?

You still rocking that single Prime ? Amazing if so .

I settled on a Kessil 360we for my new 170 build. Prob a bit overkill as I am not sure if I am going SPS or not ..........may make it a LPS only tank ........ not sure yet . Can always run the 360 at half power or so . For now the tank is sitting in the corner collecting dust , till I have more time . Live rock is circulating in a bin ready to go in .

I sure don't need no stinkin SPS :lol: I have a few different types of Gorgs all are doing awesome except the orange tip. It started to recede but I got it to stop and hope it regrows some next flesh or skin whatever you call it. I like Kessil lights my LFS uses them on all there tanks. Look forward to your new tank thread.

No derailing this thread! Take it to the lounge :lol: move January 8, tank should go up within a week or two after

:lol:

Love the tank !!!!!!!

Definitely TOTM material.

Do you dose any supplements?

Thanks a lot appreciate that. Yes I dose Amino Acids from Brightwell and Coral Amino from Kent everyday.

How do you like the 170? Im between that and the cad versa 42.

I love the 170 probably my favorite tank next to my Elos mini. Red Sea knocked it out of the park with the reefer. I would say do a search on Red Sea Reefer and Cadlights and let the results or complaints donthe deciding. I can tell you from what I hear Red Sea has amazing customer service.

It's looking awesome! So much color and movement :)

Thanks Teeny I love all the movement.

Holy crap! 2 weeks and I didn't know about this thread? I guess I have some catching up to do. :)

Only 5 pages :lol:

tank 9 weeks old.. thread 2 weeks old.. you gots some 'splainin to do meester. Not like you no has time. No snow.. and no grass grow. Moar updates k thanks.

Yep you caught me been a lazy ass for the past few weeks. But hey I did paint half of my house and got new carpet :).

:( RIP little guy hope you are surfing the hardwoods in the sky :)

3A7136F2-F2C4-4672-9509-158B7B360BBF.jpg

Gonzo will continue to keep the orange sponge fort safe!

0EED1F8B-F77D-4585-AE16-E39D7B0ED713.jpg

GONZO!!! :lol: That name is hilarious.

Sorry about the hi-fin :(

Lawn - do you have any water drip/splash from around the filter sock holder? It's the only noise I can't get rid of...

Yes I HAD that noise. I shoved some poly floss in the sock so it sticks out of the water a little in the sock. That eliminates that drip noise.

Yes I HAD that noise. I shoved some poly floss in the sock so it sticks out of the water a little in the sock. That eliminates that drip noise.

You are awesome, that worked. I thought it was water getting around the sock but it was the water dripping into the sock.

Sorry about the hi-fin, I had one jump out of my IM 10. My 2 year old noticed it dried up on the floor and learned how to say "dammit" when he pointed it out to me.

Damn you lawn! He was my favorite...

I will get another ;)

Would it be Doctor Gonzo lawn?

You know this :)

Fish jerky... :(

:blink:

You are awesome, that worked. I thought it was water getting around the sock but it was the water dripping into the sock.

Sorry about the hi-fin, I had one jump out of my IM 10. My 2 year old noticed it dried up on the floor and learned how to say "dammit" when he pointed it out to me.

:lol: it will start running out the little plastic door in a week once the floss gets nasty. I think I said the same thing when I found mine :lol:

I will get another ;)

You know this :)

:blink:

:lol: it will start running out the little plastic door in a week once the floss gets nasty. I think I said the same thing when I found mine :lol:

Thought so ;)

dr-gonzo_zpsqizl9rik.jpg

26ab9e12-2ead-4df6-8fe4-270cfd5141ec.jpgBought this little guy without researching they liked cooler tanks. Well put him in about 5 weeks ago and today was the first time I have seen him I thought he was dead.

890a314f-f619-4de5-a638-ba5d6ffef966.jpg26ab9e12-2ead-4df6-8fe4-270cfd5141ec.jpgBought this little guy without researching they liked cooler tanks. Well put him in about 5 weeks ago and today was the first time I have seen him I thought he was dead.

Catalina goby?

Nice looking bro. Really nice

890a314f-f619-4de5-a638-ba5d6ffef966.jpg

26ab9e12-2ead-4df6-8fe4-270cfd5141ec.jpgBought this little guy without researching they liked cooler tanks. Well put him in about 5 weeks ago and today was the first time I have seen him I thought he was dead.

Looking GREAT! The yellow gorg looks better. Nice photos!

Catalina goby?

Nice looking bro. Really nice

Yeah I bought him not knowing they come from cooler waters. We will see I run my tank at 74-76

Yeah I bought him not knowing they come from cooler waters. We will see I run my tank at 74-76

Breakin' da rules :)

He's seriously cute though.

Sorry about the hi fin :(

890a314f-f619-4de5-a638-ba5d6ffef966.jpg

I have kept one in my tank. He jumped after about a year. Guy at the LFS said they can be kept in warmer tanks but have will have a shorter life span due to their metabolic rate.

I have kept one in my tank. He jumped after about a year. Guy at the LFS said they can be kept in warmer tanks but have will have a shorter life span due to their metabolic rate.

Well I hope he lives awhile cool fish.

I think he will probably be alright if he's been ok this long. No worries buddy.

Beautiful looking fish.

I think he will probably be alright if he's been ok this long. No worries buddy.

Beautiful looking fish.

Thanks Patrick....

Used my Christmas gifts from Gena and Bryan today and placed a KP order :happydance: it will be here next Thursday.

New page needs a picture.

02DD8310-E6E0-4F1D-B05C-038CA9A14323_1.j

Archived