Pod Your Reef

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

Droy youre alive! lol great to hear about the algae and I hope to see some photos soon.

Haha yes I'm alive.

Tax season is past so I finally have some time again. I have my camera ready to go this morning. :)

• Like 2

Ok so Imgur got their act together and I was able to get a couple of the promised pictures up.

I'm sorry ahead of time, because these are only simple cell phone pictures, but on the bright side my order from aquasd came in today! :D

Here we go ;)

Monti growth :D

1 month ago.

S3SzhYsl.jpg

and 2 days ago. :D

c03bckMl.jpg

ohh HAI, lol

daMfystl.jpg

I have found a ton of these guys popping up around my tank.

IKladUUl.jpg

bmZ5Aakl.jpg

GSP growth

o39Ze5jl.jpg

Left side view

JCvaGN2l.jpg

Full Tank Shot (sorry for dirty glass)

riGvTxJl.jpg

I am downloading my DSLR pictures now.

• Like 3

Is your nem stinging anything? the last pic looks like it's within reaching distance of the hammer and another coral.

It isn't within immediate striking distance of any of the surrounding coral.

The closest coral to it would be the frogspawn. If it did venture too close to the frogspawn I imagine they would both likely shy away from each other.

But I try to keep a safe margin of distance between it and any surrounding corals.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a long while since I've updated the thread.

Funny story my frogspawn decided to wage war with EVERYTHING in the tank.

Trouble is it was the larger frogspawn on the left side of the tank, and it almost completely killed my Setosa and Birdsnest. :angry:

I also was on vacation for a week and came back to my skimmer not working as well as a malfunctioning reactor. :(

I have disassembled both and soaked them in vinegar and it seems to have done the trick.

But, all of th other than that the remaining coral have continued to grow, and everything seems to be doing good.

I know I've been slacking on updates and pictures so I'll try to keep it a weekly thing if possible. :P

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

SO lets start out with an appology.

I said I would try to keep things to a weekly update.....well that didn't work.

Whats funny is i'm on here almost everyday, yet I only get 3-5 minutes to browse peoples quick updates then it's back to work.

So to make things a little better I figured I'd finally upload some pictures I took about a month ago.

Lol

IsEsgmEl.jpg

This is the last photo you will see of this frogspawn in this tank. I have since moved it over to my 5 gallon at home. :)

QrVSBhil.jpg

My RFA's happy and healthy.

5zc4xCQl.jpg

6mjyIH5l.jpg

I'm absolutely exstatic with the growth of my soft corals lately.

5b7aRdtl.jpg

SPS

lfhGXNd.jpg

I still have no clue wht this thing is. LOL

u8f5mNJ.jpg

Toxic Lord Acans are growing alot.

r2AGhPE.jpg

Green monti has really took off, the only downside is that the main body has really lost its color and the edges are the primary sources for color.

x2rBbIx.jpg

Another angle

TwFMC7k.jpg

RIP :( after an ATO incident w/ kalwasser this guy didn't make it.

9sKNbD1.jpg

And lastly an updated FTS!

Again these photos are a bit over a month old. I will try to get some newer ones up for you guys.

Until then :)

• Like 3

Just realized that the colors on a couple of these are a little/lot off.

I'm still trying to get this photography nonsense under control. Lol

I'll try to get a couple more up tonight.

Looking good. Stinks with the equipment malfunctions but your doing well even with them.

Thanks, I've been more diligent about equipment maintenance. I was hoping I could get away with every 2-3 months. But unfortunately it's looking more like a monthly event.

Also I have completely eliminated the kalwasser, It didn't make enough of a change to make me happy. I am now dosing B-ionic so I can more accurately keep parameters in check, so now I have eliminated one more potential failure point/issue.

Some new fotos.

RN0mfc2l.jpg

AVm0hiIl.jpg

This thing has gotten soo big!

JhZs2oBl.jpg

These polyps are really starting to spread, if anyone wants any let me know! (also I have no clue what they are!)

xqEwFlpl.jpg

And my new favorite photo as of late. :D

• Like 3

So I am getting ready to move into my new office within the next few months and I'm starting to plan my next step and or possible tank upgrade.

I'm looking at 3 possible tank options.

1: The new Nuvo Abyss Panorama

2: The cadlights shallow reef 45g

3: Custom Tank. Maybe a sumped drop off?!

What do you guys think?

Go with the custom I've looked at all of those and really though about cad light shallow but being shallow it wouldn't allow the fish I wanted the abyss is cool but only a couple gallons bigger then your 10. Besides I think a sump tank would be sweet

• Like 1

nice tank!

Thanks!

Go with the custom I've looked at all of those and really though about cad light shallow but being shallow it wouldn't allow the fish I wanted the abyss is cool but only a couple gallons bigger then your 10. Besides I think a sump tank would be sweet

See I am feeling partially the same way.

But I love how easy my current tank is.

I'm worried that with a larger tank (>45 gallons) that it will require more time/maintenance.

And if I'm going custom it will be hard to justify not going larger. :P

• Like 1