inTank Media Baskets

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

Some updates on the stand.

I really wanted a space to put all of my tank supplies/stuff. I wasn't to excited about any commercial.

So I decided to tackle the job myself. (Don't mind my messy work space)

wpAIQ52l.jpg

Framed up, and testing the spaces.

JQkENKzl.jpg

The front after putting everything together.

c28T1Cul.jpg

Right side, Mounted up my Apex display.

3tAeBsYl.jpg

ox887rfl.jpg

Front open. I added a drawer for fish food and tools.

You can't really see it, but I have my apex set up on the bottom.

wQ7XTgIl.jpg

joLJLXGl.jpg

wCPyYBFl.jpg

Used some wood filler to fill in all the screws as well as some small imperfections.

Next comes sanding and painting. I'm leaning towards a flat black, my wife wants semi gloss white.

Decisions...

• Like 2

I like the new stand! I got behind on your thread and missed the news about the fire :(

Ya, it was unfortunate, but stuff happens.

Since then I've decided to really try to simplify the tank, and hopefully the stand and apex will help. :)

• Like 1

AepsBvkl.jpg

Tank is up and running on the new stand!

I took a couple quick pictures before leaving the office today.

Dosing operation all setup.

e6GusG0l.jpg

I took some 90* sprinkler nozzles and drilled 4 holes into my back chamber cover. Not too shabby ehh?

4cdWox4l.jpg

Also a quick sneak peek at something that's got me excited.

Up4jSDrl.jpg

On a slightly sadder note. My Royal Gramma had become a snack for my pistol shrimp. :(

I am at my limit with the shrimp, he has gotten to a good 2.5 inches and is now the largest creature in the tank.

I've seen him pick on the gramma before but I always thought it was nothing, guess not...

• Like 1

The new stand looks very nice. And that's a great idea about using those sprinkler thingies, I may have to copy that :)

Is your pistol a tiger? I've heard other people report that the tigers are aggressive and can go after fish :(

• Like 1

He is a tiger.

I'm going to try to rig up a trap for him today.

Either I'll put him in my 5 gallon at home, or I'll see if I can trade him in at the LFS.

• Like 1

Well I came to work today and found my small male clown inside the mouth of my larger rock flower nem...

Not sure what happened there, but with the death of 2 fish in the last two weeks I am growing concerened.

I checked my water parameters, and all was well within normal.

I did a 20% water change just in case.

Also haven't seen my YWG all day nor my pistol shrimp for that matter. :(

Oh no!

Yea, it's definitely not been my favorite month...

After looking back I'm wondering if the Kamohara Blenny might have introduced some form of disease or parasite and that lead to the eventual downfall of the royal gramma and the clown. :(

On the bright side of things my YWG and pistol have both since resurfaced.

Funny thing is, my pistol seems to have lost both of his claws in this last molt.

I have since started to treat all of their food with Seachem's metroplex, focus and garlic guard.

The fish seem to have been doing better since.

• Like 1

Awesome, glad you found the pair. it's certainly possible something brought in a parasite. I had a royal gramma that was fine, then for 2 days I saw it do a little shimmy against the rock but saw nothing outwardly, next morning covered white as a ghost with ich and dead.

And the royal gramma and pygmy angel came in together in the holding tank. Mystery.

• Like 1

Ok, so I got a moment to snap a few decent phone pictures.

I am fighting with algae on my new monti cap frag. its gotten so bad that I'm considering tossing it out. :(

YuwbyUql.jpg

Here's my new rock mag jr. setup as an SPS oasis.

I won a few AquaSD ebay auctions, and when he went to ship it I had asked that he toss in any old acro frags they may have had laying around. I wound up with 3 unknown Acros.

The first:

eqpstBXl.jpg

The Second:

t1MmgQ9l.jpg

The Third:

I forgot to get a picture of.... :unsure:

I also picked up a monti Spongode

and a nice pocillopora piece.

as for the Ebay score, here's a few.

dXSqAJfl.jpg

New nepthea

DpzalRjl.jpg

New acan (top right)

xhisVa6l.jpg

New RFA under the red (It's actually more of a yellow)

QMqlNEZl.jpg

New Maxi Mini

Si95qJQl.jpg

New all green Duncan

2VV7MW3l.jpg

and the new GBTA :)

4lETFAjl.jpg

And finally an updated FTS!

• Like 1

So I have been fighting with some algae and Dinos lately.

I have seen a lot of people using the new vibrant aquarium cleaner, and have seen even more mixed results...

After digging around I had seen people using Fauna Marin's DinoX to treat dinos as well as algae.

I decided to go all in and dosed it each day last Thursday and Friday.

I also went dark for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

After coming back to work I noticed that not only were my dinos completely gone, but I had almost no algae left over.

The algae that did remain was very pale and litteraly just blew off the rocks.

As an extra measure I used a toothbrush and scrubbed the rockwork to loosen up what little bits remained.

UnfortunateIy, I notice my monti Spongodes had lost a bit of color. :( Also not a good angle but you can see how little algae is left on the monti cap!

2weMbx4l.jpg

I then used a turkey baster and blasted off my rockwork and stirred up the sandbed.

I finished it all up with a 40% water change to remove as much of the dino and algae waste as possible.\

Here's some of the pictures. :)

Old monti cap Algae destruction. :(

YuwbyUql.jpg

Green monti cap after this weekend. (I'm using my little UV light to verify there is still some polyps alive)

057Gd20l.jpg

Top down shot showing my favia looking hot! but also almost no algae! :D

QNnMjeDl.jpg

This morning right when the lights came on I was checking all my corals to see how they are doing and I noticed my Acans have now grown together!

Thought it was a very cool shot.

SVzrfitl.jpg

I was also really happy to see my Spongodes seems to be bouncing back well.

CGjHTW7l.jpg

And here's another update on the green monti cap.

XE5PAQAl.jpg

How hard was it getting the dosing all setup. I keep draging my feet because its just so intimidating and i really can't find good directions as to how to setup the Jebo doser..

• Like 1

How hard was it getting the dosing all setup. I keep draging my feet because its just so intimidating and i really can't find good directions as to how to setup the Jebo doser..

I found the Jebao doser to be very simple to setup, and has been great so far.

I am really happy with how stable my tank has been as of late.

I found the Jebao doser to be very simple to setup, and has been great so far.

I am really happy with how stable my tank has been as of late.

what did you do?! what directions did you use to calibrate and set dosing for certain days !!!

• Like 1