FTS: 2/9/19

uw6JgiIl.jpg

The build list so far

Tank:
1: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 10

Light:
1: Nano Box Tide w/ Bluefish

Filter:
1: Aqua Gadget cady upgrade (Filter Floss, Purigen,)
1: IM Desktop Ghost Skimmer
1: IM Desktop Media Reactor, (Seachem Seagel)
8-ish lbs of Live Rock Sourced from LFS.

1: Rock Mag Jr
10 lbs of Carib Sea Special Grade Sand

Flow:
1: Jebao DC-1200

1: IM Spin Stream

ATO:
1: Smart ATO micro

Heater:
1: Cobalt Neotherm 75w

Dosing:
Jebao DP-4

Automation:
Apex:
1: EB8
1: PH Probe
1: Temp Probe
1: ORP Probe

Stock:

Fish:

1: Black Ice Clownfish

Inverts:
1: Candy CanePistol Shrimp

4: Rock Flower Anemones

Coral:

Acroporas
Acans
Montiporas
Zoanthids
Palythoas

mushrooms

GSP

Favias

Cephastrea

Duncans

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, I wasn't too sure.

I'll go with the basket for now, but if needed upgrade down the road.

I think with my stocking ideas that everything should be good though.

My Tank Came!!

I also got my RW4, so that will be fun.

Only downside is I had them shipped to my office so I have to wait until Monday to work with them.

However I should be able to transfer and setup everything by Monday evening.

And that leads me to my first question. Could the transfer of my live rock and live sand potentially start a second cycle?

My old tank finished cycling around a month ago.

I could always leave my old tank alone and just start a second one, but I'm not too excited about 2 tanks just yet.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy one. That's what you use the media basket compartment for. Space is precious in the nuvo 10 for other equipments lol.

I agree as I have a 20 and yes double the baskets but do use one for chemipure. I do not even run a skimmer on mine as I do weekly water changes of about 5 gallons at a time.

• Like 1

Well I already have the skimmer, so I'll use it. But I'm going to wait on the minimax.

The primary reason I was looking into the minimax was simply because they are more efficient at filtering through specific media.

It's up!

I have a ton of pictures for you guys but my laptop is acting up on me so I used my phone to get this to you.

I should have updates for you tomorrow.

Here are some of the photos, I'll try to keep them in chronological order.

I Adjusted the scape as well as glued most of the rock work together. I did leave the top portion unattached so I could get inside there if needed.

ROx6NCb.jpg

Right Side

BoLWC2r.jpg

Front

9Buuu7L.jpg

Left Side

uHWLyA6.jpg

Backside, I am a stickler with wires, I have since gotten some electrical tape to replace the regular tape used here in a hurry.

eDa9bLf.jpg

Top down of things in the back.

Right now I'm running filter floss with a small bag of purigen. It cleared my water up fairly quick, I'm just fighting with the micro bubbles from the IM Ghost skimmer right now.

5ew4u1b.jpg

How it currently sits on my desk.

JxGxCe8.jpg

My View. :D So far all of my clients have loved the tank as well!

Sorry for the bad pictures, all I have is my Galaxy S6, and while it does take some pretty good shots, the white balance is no where near correct.

Well, now I can sit and wait for things to equalize, and get back to mellow, then I might have to look into some more corals.

I'm really liking the idea of a ric garden down in front, but also am hoping to put some SPS up top to help balance the tank out more.

Damn this hobby and its drug like addictions!

• Like 3

Well it's official I have an addiction...

EEDE89w.jpg

I simply can't be trusted around any fish stores anymore, and my wife just found the credit card bill. :scarry:

Hopefully she doesn't complain about all the points i'm racking up. lol

Funny thing is, I find things that I simply couldn't live without...sooooo, enjoy. ;)

First off is a green monti cap, after seeing Teeny's and his drool worthy tank he has, I simply had to get some.

jMsNsae.jpg

After letting it acclimate I set it at the bottom of the tank to get used to things, where it was quickly set upon by one of my ever curious hermit crabs. :rolleyes:

ya0zCj5.jpg

The next thing I picked up was a nice piece of birds nest. it has a kind of teal colored polyp and looked healthy, so I snagged it.

ObGR9EP.jpg

Here it is after setting it free.

zbA1h5Y.jpg

Next I wanted to try my hand at a chalice, this was a piece pulled from the owners personal colony and it had an amazing color. you can see it in the picture above to the right.

Again couldn't live without it, let me know if you notice a theme here. :lol:

RAtxeKy.jpg

Here's another shot showing all three.

So there you have it.

I was all set to leave with my prized pieces of coral, when the owner came over and informed me that they had gotten a fish i'd been searching for awhile for.

I wasn't about to let the opportunity slip past, so I quickly had him bagged up.

blJXfKL.jpg

He's an orange spotted goby. and he was tiny enough that i figured he'd fair well in my little 10 gallon tank.

llUCps0.jpg

and another

6CENRDa.jpg

He finally settled down under the right side arch.

BBdoSgu.jpg

And because if there's one thing that I've learned from nano-reef, it's that you can't have a goby without a pistol shrimp. it just isn't right.

AfzE7TY.jpg

You can just see him in between the 2 rocks in the shadow there.

He's possibly the smallest pistol I've ever seen. I was worried the other fish might try to make a meal out of him, but after a few clicks of his claw he has established himself as the tanks alpha. :)

In other news my other corals have all been doing well and acclimated to the tank.

It's late so i'm just going to dump the rest of them on here and then go to bed.

o0bkoou.jpg

bJo2Zes.jpg

ihch5g9.jpg

Fp5DoAo.jpg

sgkSfrW.jpg

CIrd10W.jpg

qwYl1v3.jpg

WNhzovV.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, great pictures and I love the new additions!

That goby is super cute :wub:

Thanks Teeny.

I love the Orange Spotted Gobys.

I just couldn't find one locally for the longest time.

Then the lfs owner knew I was looking for one, so he picked it up just for me.

Can't say no to that.

Now I just need to find where my microscopic pistol shrimp went to. I'm worried I won't be seeing him for a while because he's so tiny and can hide so well.

• Like 1

What do you use to compress the picture files.....I have the same phone

Nothing currently, I use the imgur app to upload to their site and then just copy over the bbc link to here.

So long update again.

over Christmas i purchased a pack of 10 coral on ebay.

Well they showed up in a soggy package at around 45F....not good.

well I threw them in the tank to warm them up, afetr a quick dip I placed them all on the sand bed.

Mw7AdAp.jpg

g7NzzLO.jpg

and I noticed some of the zoas had started to open.

Lj6YBxf.jpg

Nx6esw2.jpg

problem is I have no idea what any of these guys are.

Xz5YQHs.jpg

I did get a cute little ric!

eCeGbyo.jpg

Also I got an unknown mushroom that was rather upset with me, and started spitting mucus everywhere.

If you guys know what any of these coral are please chime in, otherwise I'll continue to search for them.

ee8PkYk.jpg

So that's it for now, I feel like I've reached the maximum allowed additions for the next couple months.

• Like 1

Also this weekend go to get out of the office and do a little backcountry skiing.

I live in Mt. Shasta and so I try to take advantage of the awesome skiing we have available to us. Plus this year has produced some of the best snow in a long time.

zYRHK69.jpg

This is us just getting past treeline. (not enough oxygen for them up here)

xhadcBH.jpg

And this is the summit from about 2500 feet down.

Awesome skiing, perfect sun, and a rather gnarly sunburn, but It was an awesome weekend for sure.

• Like 1

So small update, I picked up a Nano Box Tide!

r6psHwH.jpg

PJH9EAX.jpg

I love this thing, the blufish mini is the most awesomest thing in the world.

After oogling over it for about 30 mins, I had it programmed off of some of Dave's specs that I found in the Nano Box thread.

I picked it up in the classified section from @Reefernanoman, he had it packaged up and to me in no time!

httiyG2.jpg

Gfdxdbh.jpg

Wbov3Cg.jpg

I don't know if its the light or what but my shrimp are crazy happy right now!

RJabtrX.jpg

It's funny because every time I get to work and sit down at the desk they come running out of the rock to say hello.

Also my coral are really starting to open up. And I found a ton of these little polyps popping up on the rocks everywhere. I have no clue as to what they are so please if you have an idea let me know!

oL2HX8a.jpg

• Like 5
reefernanoman

So small update, I picked up a Nano Box Tide!

r6psHwH.jpg

PJH9EAX.jpg

I love this thing, the blufish mini is the most awesomest thing in the world.

After oogling over it for about 30 mins, I had it programmed off of some of Dave's specs that I found in the Nano Box thread.

httiyG2.jpg

Gfdxdbh.jpg

Wbov3Cg.jpg

I don't know if its the light or what but my shrimp are crazy happy right now!

RJabtrX.jpg

It's funny because every time I get to work and sit down at the desk they come running out of the rock to say hello.

Also my coral are really starting to open up. And I found a ton of these little polyps popping up on the rocks everywhere. I have no clue as to what they are so please if you have an idea let me know!

oL2HX8a.jpg

Looking really nice! I hope that you don't have trouble with that peppermint shrimp. All the ones that I have tried out became coral munchers with time, even when I fed them well.
  • Like 1

What size goose do you have?

what is your lid there, is it perspex?

I actually took the screen out of the middle and just left the frame there. Keeps the Snails from climbing out, and let's the light shine through better.

I've actually cut a piece of plexiglass to cover the top, just trying to get the size right so it still let's enough air flow around for proper gas exchange.

You hit the ground running with this tank, great job!

Thank You! It's been a challenge, a fun challenge really.

Looking really nice! I hope that you don't have trouble with that peppermint shrimp. All the ones that I have tried out became coral munchers with time, even when I fed them well.

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize that peppermint even liked corals, I will definitely keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, even more so beings I have 3!!

Also thanks again for the light! I wasn't kidding when I said I'm in love. :)

• Like 1