Pod Your Reef

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

Nice! My DSLR was stolen on my vacation last June in Miami, had it up until the last day. So unfortunately all my pics are w/ cell phone but honestly, it does better taking care of the color balance than my old 2007 Nikon did.

• Like 1

All your pics look wonderful, nice looking shrimp and corals. I love the tailspot. I miss mine tremendously.

Ya I 'm really liking him, and he's really warmed up to the tank too!

Him and the clown goby aren't ever apart either its really kind of funny, has anyone ever heard of them pairing up? :lol:

• Like 1

I had them in a tank too and they're both shy, at least mine were, so they worked in the tank together. Well, my tailspot was shy until he had to learn to be more forceful and steal food like the 6line. He became more aggressive out of necessity if he wanted to eat.

• Like 1

I had them in a tank too and they're both shy, at least mine were, so they worked in the tank together. Well, my tailspot was shy until he had to learn to be more forceful and steal food like the 6line. He became more aggressive out of necessity if he wanted to eat.

What's interesting is I've only seen my blenny eat a few times, and he'll only eat flake foods. I do have plenty of algae for him to eat :). I noticed his little belly was getting fatter so I know he's eating plenty. I think he's really starting to get comfortable and enjoying the tank, plus the clowns don't bother him at all. :D

• Like 1

That's how my tailspot is too. He goes toe to toe with the clowns while there's food.

What's interesting is I've only seen my blenny eat a few times, and he'll only eat flake foods. I do have plenty of algae for him to eat :). I noticed his little belly was getting fatter so I know he's eating plenty. I think he's really starting to get comfortable and enjoying the tank, plus the clowns don't bother him at all. :D

They pick at the rocks a lot from what I've seen watching mine. It likes pellets more than frozen too. Bit of a head scratcher lol.
  • Like 1

Glad to see things on the rise!

Yes, things have gotten much better.

All I need to do now is keep up with my maintenance, and practice taking better pictures. :)

That's how my tailspot is too. He goes toe to toe with the clowns while there's food.

They pick at the rocks a lot from what I've seen watching mine. It likes pellets more than frozen too. Bit of a head scratcher lol.

That's is interesting, I threw some spectrum pellets in yesterday and he was mildly interested, but then he shot over to my powerhead and gorged on all the algae buildup.
reefernanoman

Okay, so I promised pics.

5fev1P1l.jpg

The cutest little six line wrasse you've ever seen!

8PWpNN1l.jpg

Teeny weeny clown goby

LIL9ZIal.jpg

Super shy tailspot (I'm in LOVE)

WNZw508l.jpg

Second super sexy shrimp.

I also picked up a little royal gramma, but he hasen't come out of his cave since he was put in there. :(

He did eat some mysis earlier so i know he's alive and well.

N5cJOljl.jpg

I then turned my attention to my other corals and I noticed I now have a baby blasto!

efWgef5l.jpg

Also my clown has completely fallen in love with the GBTA and I snagged an awesome shot today.

OxnW5zql.jpg

This thing is enormous! It's moved to the right side of the tank now and has fully extended. :D

P5QB97Hl.jpg

And finally an updated FTS.

Oh and good news, my rics seem to be coloring back up from what I'm now calling "Teeny's Ghost Syndrome".

HG7RcfSl.jpg

Here they where almost 5 days ago. :(

1WdxWaYl.jpg

Looking good.

• Like 2

Well, everything is back to normal. My fish are happy, my coral are happy, my 2 remaining shrimp are happy, and my 2 crabs are happy.

I'm happy.

So here's some pictures. :)

Cleaner shrimp back to his old self, he stole the peppermints old den. (Benny along side him)

ZSvFF4Bl.jpg

My new blue Palys.

Q1eHih0l.jpg

New Aussie Hair Mushroom

Ik4ijiVl.jpg

Awesome Red Setosa :wub:

sjBiq2il.jpg

Dark MArs Zoas

WUSiTjhl.jpg

That's it for tonight.

• Like 4

I finally picked up some Red Sea Reefer energy parts A/B and some Coral Frenzy to start feeding to the tank. I'm hoping these will help to get things coloring up more.

Another area needing attention is, I'm now almost out of salt. I've started researching different salt mixes. More specifically salts with a higher Calcium level. I've narrowed it down to two different brands, Red Sea Coral Pro, or Kents Marine Salt Mix. I've heard good things about both, but am currently leaning towards Red Sea.

I also wanted to share/document some cool progress pictures I've gathered.

Remember the random frag I received earlier last month?

Well it's really turned out to be a looker. :) It was all brown/red and I figured it wouldn't get any better so I left it alone. My pistol Shrimp grabbed it, drug it under the rock work, picked on it, another coral fell on top of it, and I almost never fed it. Until one day while feeding other coral, a pellet fell into it's mouth. The thing gobbled it up like crazy, so I started to feed it, and in return, it has turned out to be one of the coolest pieces in my tank.

Here it is when I first got it (Top Left)

KPvnGsQl.jpg

Here it is two weeks ago.

uyPX68dl.jpg

Last Week

pjcCq9wl.jpg

And Today

gPAegzPl.jpg

It really has colored up well, not sure what brought about it's sudden change of face, but I'm hoping it was the feeding, and I'm now feeding it almost every day. I'll keep you guys updated on it. ;)

• Like 2

I finally picked up some Red Sea Reefer energy parts A/B and some Coral Frenzy to start feeding to the tank. I'm hoping these will help to get things coloring up more.

Another area needing attention is, I'm now almost out of salt. I've started researching different salt mixes. More specifically salts with a higher Calcium level. I've narrowed it down to two different brands, Red Sea Coral Pro, or Kents Marine Salt Mix. I've heard good things about both, but am currently leaning towards Red Sea.

Well it's really turned out to be a looker. :) It was all brown/red and I figured it wouldn't get any better so I left it alone. My pistol Shrimp grabbed it, drug it under the rock work, picked on it, another coral fell on top of it, and I almost never fed it. Until one day while feeding other coral, a pellet fell into it's mouth. The thing gobbled it up like crazy, so I started to feed it, and in return, it has turned out to be one of the coolest pieces in my tank.

KPvnGsQl.jpg

uyPX68dl.jpg

Last Week

pjcCq9wl.jpg

And Today

gPAegzPl.jpg

It really has colored up well, not sure what brought about it's sudden change of face, but I'm hoping it was the feeding, and I'm now feeding it almost every day. I'll keep you guys updated on it. ;)

Your unknown Favia looks like it's trying to be a dragon soul which would be amazing! Green center, purple body with a yellow rim.

• Like 2

Your unknown Favia looks like it's trying to be a dragon soul which would be amazing! Green center, purple body with a yellow rim.

I think you might be right.

Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 2
reefernanoman

KPvnGsQl.jpg

uyPX68dl.jpg

Last Week

pjcCq9wl.jpg

And Today

gPAegzPl.jpg

Nice growth!

Love this thread, thanks! It's a shame about your second arrangment of rocks, that was really unique. And the video of your little bulldozer was great!

Thank you,

Yes my little "bulldozer" was exceptionaly good at rearranging my rockwork for me. In fact he still is! I'm constantly fixing the tanks rockwork even after glueing and epoxy it together.

On the flip side he does keep my sand bed stirred up.... well that's really about all he does. That and look pretty. :D

• Like 2

Thank you,

Yes my little "bulldozer" was exceptionaly good at rearranging my rockwork for me. In fact he still is! I'm constantly fixing the tanks rockwork even after glueing and epoxy it together.

On the flip side he does keep my sand bed stirred up.... well that's really about all he does. That and look pretty. :D

I had one in my 12 gallon. I had to trade him in because he kept burying my coral. They're cool, but not worth it to me. Sexy shrimp on the other hand.

KPvnGsQl.jpg

uyPX68dl.jpg

Last Week

pjcCq9wl.jpg

And Today

gPAegzPl.jpg

Looks good! I'm about to change salts too, I'm thinking about going with Red Sea. It seems pretty popular and if it wasn't a good salt not as many people would use it. And I'm changing from reef crystals so I think anything is an upgrade.

Looks good! I'm about to change salts too, I'm thinking about going with Red Sea. It seems pretty popular and if it wasn't a good salt not as many people would use it. And I'm changing from reef crystals so I think anything is an upgrade.

Yea from all the research I've done. Red sea has the most consistent numbers across the board.

Also I've been using the regular old instant ocean. And my Calcium levels are just too low at ~340-360, even with kalkwasser.

Ok, so I finally got my DSLR, a Nikon D3200. This is the first time I've ever laid hands on one of these things, SO MANY BUTTONS!

Finally after googling, youtubeing, reading the manual, and a little bit of voodoo witchcraft, I was finally able to get the stupid thimg turned on. and snapped a couple quick pictures of my tank and it's inhabitants.

I took Tenny's advice, and snapped them in RAW, then used Adobe Lightroom to adjust the WB.

Some of the pictures still need a little bit of adjusting, but I promise they'll get better with time. ;)

Let me know what you guys think.

My Fire Ices ( A Little Blurry)

wjX8Nyrl.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes (Supposedly)

rBdUTZ4l.jpg

Agaves

GNgr8f6l.jpg

Green Acro, you can see just a hint of green highlighting, but it primarily has a red stripped flesh. (Dunno if this is good or bad :unsure: )

IPEw2drl.jpg

Yellow Orbits

56ZmAnel.jpg

Bad picture of my unkown chalice, Benny photobombing like a boss. :wub:

wkvdZVjl.jpg

Green Monti has really colored back up finally. I upped my lighting and moved both pieces to the top of my rockwork. It's responded very well. :D

N05tS54l.jpg

Green Frogspawn, This thing gets huge for a single head. you can also spy my Green RFA living dangerously here.

dxfCwrll.jpg

Another shot of the Green RFA, I've tried to move it, but it has it's mind made up, and loves the frogspawn. I will continue to pester it until it moves to a safer distance. :rolleyes:

Lo1xcMOl.jpg

Green bubble tip Nem

2dOmwN0l.jpg

Jet!

FH3mTDll.jpg

Benny gets so excited when I turn off my RW-4, he flies right into the powerhead and starts going to town on all the algae. It's just too cute to pass up a picture. (Yes I know I need to clean it)

oojv7AQl.jpg

8eXDrBul.jpg

And Finally an updated FTS!

C6kiV9kl.jpg

As of today I have been using the Red Sea Energy parts A/B for just over a week.

I've coupled this with the Coral Frenzy powder, and broadcast it through the tank once every other day.

2 things.

1- My Coral have really responded well to it. They have colored up so much it isn't funny, just look at my monti! Also I'm starting to get great growth!

2- I now have a small patch of Cyano... :angry:

I know it's from the extra nutrients, I was using the recommended 1ml per 10g every other day, but it's just too much. So now I've stopped using them to help rid the Cyano.

Once it's gone I plan on using .5ml once every 3rd day.

That's it for now.

• Like 3