Cultivated Reef

Droys' IM Fusion 10 2/7/19 Update

Droy008

j1Cd87Nl.jpg

I also noticed these little orange balls underneath one of my favias, any ideas?

They look like sponges to me. Do you know if they are firm to the touch?

• Like 1

They look like sponges to me. Do you know if they are firm to the touch?

I haven't touched them yet, honestly I just found/noticed them.

reefernanoman

They are!

And yes, ASD is mildly addicting.

Some new pictures.

ZHlJ4Trl.jpg

Tl6KWVll.jpg

SV1aughl.jpg

NcZQdYMl.jpg

Got some Dragons Breath from Rafastank727

j1Cd87Nl.jpg

I also noticed these little orange balls underneath one of my favias, any ideas?

ASD is addictive indeed! I was there for hours deciding on what to order. Nice additions BTW.

Sooooo, I'm over this damned Nem.

otK27NRl.jpg

I keep fighting with it as it is constantly trying to climb on top of my SPS.

So I've pulled it out of this tank.

In other news I also have a new order from AquaSD coming tomorrow! omgomgomg

I also noticed this little guy wandering around on the glass, any ideas?

Uzd1HQsl.jpg

*Edit, Never mind you can't see shit in that picture. lol

Honestly a 10G is no place for a nem like that. I had a BTA in my fusion 10G and it didn't go well. These nems grow way too fast and big.

• Like 1

ASD is addictive indeed! I was there for hours deciding on what to order. Nice additions BTW.

Honestly a 10G is no place for a nem like that. I had a BTA in my fusion 10G and it didn't go well. These nems grow way too fast and big.

I agree, I got it in hopes that it would stay smaller/ish, unfortunately that just didn't happen.

I don't think the Nano Tide helped either. lol

Hopefully with the new tank I'll have a bit more room. ;)

• Like 1
reefernanoman

I agree, I got it in hopes that it would stay smaller/ish, unfortunately that just didn't happen.

I don't think the Nano Tide helped either. lol

Hopefully with the new tank I'll have a bit more room. ;)

Now you have more room for corals :D .

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have noticed that one of my acros has been receding at the tips. The flesh seemed to be STN. :(
I have tested the tanks parameters and everything seemed in check besides me calc being around 380, and my alkalinity at ~8.1.
I have always struggled with the calcium levels, but would the low alkalinity levels cause this type of recession?

I will get some pics up tonight.

Also worth noting. This phenomenon is limited to this one frag. All my others have great polyp extension and color.

mGZ9xcol.jpg

Here's a picture of it, sorry it took so long to get it up. (also cell phone + bright light = poor quality)

Hmm that doesnt seem too out of wack. Anything stinging it? Thats the only thing I can think of.

It was about 2 inches from another acro, so I don't think it was getting stung.

I have lowered my light output hoping that the light was the culprit. But I also did a quick 10% water change just in case.

We'll see....

pest? are those bite marks in the upper branches?

Hmm, Can't quite tell.

I did dip the coral just to be sure, but it looks like the flesh was just coming right off.

I did moved it away from the other corals to eliminate any possible stinging.

Hopefully it will mend up, was one of my favorites.

• 1 month later...

Well, where to begin...

I have been so busy this summer I haven't really kept up on these updates, sorry.

Mainly I've been busy with work.

I've also been focusing more of my free time away from the tank and more towards some other projects.

One being a 1980 Honda CX-500 Cafe/Brat build (Pictures available if anyone is interested)

Another being a complete rebuild of a 1967 SeaKing Fishing boat with my son.

When it comes to my tank, things have been a challenge lately...

If any of you have paid attention to the news, you might have noticed that the Northern most part of California is on fire. Just a couple miles from the city I work in actually.

A couple weeks back the fire knocked out the power to the whole town for the weekend, unfortunately I had no clue.

When I came to work on Monday the tank was a mess.

The office got warm and the tank lost a good amount of water. When the power came back on, my ATO pumped around 1.5 gallons of Fresh water mixed with kalkwasser into the tank.

All of my SPS with the exception of 1 are gone.

The remaining corals have been struggling to color back up.

Here's some pictures of the aftermath.

hofBlQ4l.jpg

7YINOMIl.jpg

8DyAMEul.jpg

TjfYtHxl.jpg

Jc0peegl.jpg

rVbwh8Rl.jpg

OPy986ml.jpg

and an updated FTS

7kKolQNl.jpg

• Like 2
Obsessed Reefer

Here's hoping that everything recovers, and more importantly that you and your family stay safe. I drove down to Big Sur from the SF area this past weekend, and it was surreal to see the smoke from the fires. It looks as if a volcano had erupted. I went to McWay Falls which was closed up till Wednesday, and while I was there they had to evacuate the park as the fire started heading towards it again.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, the fire is now supposedly 75% contained so hopefully withing the next week it's be mostly put out.

As for the tanks inhabitants. Things seemed to have levels out.

But the colors are still very washed out. :(

I'm glad your rfas did fine. They are pretty sturdy inverts!

Haha, yes they are all doing well.

It's funny because the 2 seem to stay put. While one manages to wander all around the tank.

Haha, yes they are all doing well.

It's funny because the 2 seem to stay put. While one manages to wander all around the tank.

It's weird. I was just telling Teenyreef that I have 20 and they haven't moved, including his, since I got her.

It's weird. I was just telling Teenyreef that I have 20 and they haven't moved, including his, since I got her.

YA I think it has to do with my Pistol Shrimp always moving stuff around. but I have literally seen this thing everywhere in my tank. even attached to the glass on the right side. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well I had to go to Petco to pick up some supplies. Their tanks were absolutely atrocious!

I was so sad for the fish there. So many were in such poor condition that I had to do something.

So I saved one of my all time favorite fish!

Meet Benji, the newest addition to our family!

EbxIydTl.jpg

He's pretty in his blue stripes.

He is!

Unfortunately I could only snap a quick and dirty picture just before leaving to go on vacation. Not super excited about leaving a new fish in the tank while I'm gone.

But I just couldn't leave him where he was.

I've never seen green cyano outbreaks like that store had them. Also this little guy had literally zero water movement/filtration in his tank. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates (For those of you that are following along)

So the Blenny didn't make it after day 5...

I suspect parasites. He was eating well, but on day 4 I noticed he still hadn't gained any weight and was swimming rather slow and erratic. This is about par for Petco fish so I wasn't too surprised, but it still sucks... :(

In other news, I bought an Apex. :haha: Problem is, I have no clue what to do with it.

I've also waited on installing it because I am working on a small project. :ninja:

I'm looking at upgrading my pump to a jebao dc1200as well, I'm doing this for 2 reasons, 1: I want more flow because I'd like to try out one of the IM spin streams. 2: I am getting the jebao apex controller and it can run 2 pumps. That would allow me to have full control over all of the tanks flow characteristics.

Has anyone had any experience with these pumps?

• Like 1